It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass grave of Palestinians killed by Israel in 1948 found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well based only on the video since the link just takes you to the site and not the report on this.
All they found is a mass grave in a MUSLIM cemetery. Why would they bother to bury them there if they were trying to hide there crimes . The video gives zero proof of any wrong doing by anyone. Just he said she said bull#. I'm not beating the drum for Israeli but I'm also not some head up my ass liberail that believes everything that I am told.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Where do you get your history from? Jews have always lived in Muslims nations because it was the Christians that were killing them. Like when the Christians took Spain back from the Muslims all the Jews went with the Muslims because they feared what the Christians would do to them.

Ah no, those were catholics under christendom. Christians and jews were the ones being murdered in the Inquisitions. Muslims aren't innocent, all the way back to muhammad they were being killed.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The fact they don't ...and never have, despite EASILY possessing the tools to do it? Tells me that "ethnic cleansing" or "genocide" are terms so badly misplaced here as to cast questions of motive toward those who use them. It flat doesn't fit..and never has, IMO.
Silly Rabbit.
Your saying that the "fact" the Israeli's haven't totally Eliminated all Palestine's People, means they are not such a bad Bunch.
I don't think the Israel's want to kill all the Pales.... just just want to STEAL ALL of their Land.
If... in that Process, Most Pale's are killed , such is the Imperialistic Price.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The fact they don't ...and never have, despite EASILY possessing the tools to do it? Tells me that "ethnic cleansing" or "genocide" are terms so badly misplaced here as to cast questions of motive toward those who use them. It flat doesn't fit..and never has, IMO.
Silly Rabbit.
Your saying that the "fact" the Israeli's haven't totally Eliminated all Palestine's People, means they are not such a bad Bunch.
I don't think the Israel's want to kill all the Pales.... just just want to STEAL ALL of their Land.
If... in that Process, Most Pale's are killed , such is the Imperialistic Price.

That's kinda odd, considering the IDF itself helped evict their own citizens to clear all Jews from Gaza and cede the land back to the Palestinians there.

Naturally, the Palestinians did what the Jews predicted they'd do and took the action as a public relations bonanza to call victory and humiliation on Israel. That's a funny way of pursuing a goal of stealing all their land. It's also a great way for the Palestinians to insure they never see a gesture like it again. No one over there has the sense God gave a billy goat sometimes.

Now, we get to the West Bank? Yeah...

To say that is a mess, is an understatement. Add to the fact that the Settlers have flat said they'll fight the IDF before they give up another Settlement, ever, and it's at least a 3 sided fight (Maybe 4 with Hamas/PLA not always eye to eye either) right there inside the Israeli borders and Palestinian lands.

Nothing..but nothing...is EVER as simple as it seems in the Middle East. Nothing is ever just one issue in the Middle East, it seems. It's like an onion. A really rank onion......that just never stops with the layers of new problems to complicate things. Overall, it's really a mess I'd prefer to let the locals on ALL sides have it out over, without us. In any form. (Of course, I'd like to be rich someday too...and that's about as likely to happen..lol)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am usually quick to criticize Israel for their actions, because so often their actions are immoral, illegal, and unethical. However, I think there may be some wiggle room in this particular situation. I do not see this as being a war crime, since they did not execute these individuals. These individuals, from what I can tell, were killed inadvertently through mortar and artillery fire, making them civilian casualties of war. Seeing as how Israel did not start that war either, they have more leeway and plausible deniability. The only thing that they can be condemned for is not allowing burial of their custom. That is not a war crime as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Some people hate the Jews with such passion, they (The Jews) are endowed with almost superhuman powers to change the whole face of society and history itself ...as if their saying it makes something true which wasn't.

And I'm not one of those people. I don't hate them. but questioning Zionism and pointing out things that some Jews are doing wrong is not hatred. I will call a spade a spade, particularly when the spade might drag the world into WW3.

Small groups of people have always changed the course of history and society-whether those groups are Jews, Gentiles, Asians, whatever. We can't be afraid to speak the truth just because some nut took a certain line of thinking to an extreme.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
More sources are needed for confirmation.

Preferably not PressTV. The Iranian state media is not known for honest reporting.

And of course the usual suspects rush in to demonize Israel without actually having any facts or unbiased sources to confirm this sensationalist story.
edit on 1-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Don't expect an US MSM "news" sources to report on this. They are all in the pockets of Israel, or at the least scared of them.

The other night I heard a PBS Newshour report on Syria, and the reporter called Assad/Syria the Bullyman of the Middle East. What would one then call Israel? I'd say the SS Storm Trooper of the Middle East.

And yes, mass graves like this are just what the Nazis did. Jewish Israelis are very dispicable hypocrites. When they say "Never again", they just mean never again will they be the victim of racism, genocide and ethnic cleansing. They're more than happy to dispense it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by projectvxn

Preferably not PressTV. The Iranian state media is not known for honest reporting.

Is this a bit more "Western" for you?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh, and Boo Hoo...poor Israel

How dare we discuss this incident!

The Nazis were famous for their mass graves too...you would think they would have distanced themselves from these actions.

This was an invasion of a village as they occupied it. I see no good reason for those bones being there.
edit on 6/1/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Oh, and Boo Hoo...lookie here,

A JEWISH mass grave in Tel Aviv old cemetery (1921, 1929,1936 riots, remains of residents of the Polish town of Zdunska Wola who perished in the Holocaus and 1948 war)

commons.wikimedia.org...:Mass_graves_in_Israel

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Israel accepted the agreement, other side did not.

Why should they? How many Americans would agree with a foreign nation stealing your most fertile land and giving it to someone else? A person would have to be insane to agree with this.

US is a state. Palestine was a part of British empire. Do you have issues with appearance of Pakistan, Jordan et ctr? And Mr Muhammad that owned land in British mandate of Palestine could continue owning this land in Israel. But the war did mess things up. Israel used it as a cover to commit ethnic cleansing but often Arab leaders them self called for people to flee from their homes. Not to mention that Arab side took Jewish land where they won,too. Like Gaza, East Jerusalem and West Bank. There were Arabs left in Israel. There were no Jews left in ex-mandate lands that was under Jordan/Egypt control.

War was declared on Israel, not the opposite. Israel did not declared that it plans to drown Palestinians in the sea,the opposite.

Still repeating this lie huh? When Israel started with the ethnic cleansing they started the war and the Israelis just say kill them all not drive them to the sea.

This is the historical truth. One must be pretty blind to not see it. There are official declarations of war on Israel. If there was no war , Israel could not have any excuse to commit ethnic cleansing,certainly not on the scale it did happen. And numbers of Palestinian Arabs killed during 1948 war speak clearly against your claim.

Israel is also not the reason there was no Palestine after 1948 since it did not capture all of Palestine,by far. Ever heard of Western bank, Gaza and Eastern Jerusalem?

You mean the land that Israel is in the process of stealing? Israel has no claim on any of these lands they annexed them by force which is against international law.

I disagree with what you are saying ,but it is irrelevant to 1948 war anyway. Those lands were not in Israel after 1948 and yet there was no independent Palestine for -cough cough- some reason. So clearly, Israel is not the reason of no Palestine till today. If Arab nations and Palestinians them self wished so, they could easily create Palestinian state during 19 years of control over those areas. But it was (and is) not about creating Palestine, it is about removal of Israel. Then and now.

It does not justify ethnic cleansing one bit, of course, but blaming Israel for starting 1948 war when the opposite is true is really weird.

Israels theft of land is what started the war. That and Israel killings of civilians is what led the other Arabs to get involved. And Israel getting almost 60% more land than they were given shows what the war really was about.

Declaration of war is what started the war. This is how it goes. All the inner fighting prior to it are not relevant. there is fighting in Iraq between Shia and Sunni. It is not war. But if ,say, Iran would invade to help out one side - it will be the the start of war. same thing happened in British Palestine. There were skirmishes, acts of terror and bloodshed. Nothing on the scale similar to what happened during the war though.

As for the casualties, there was heavy fighting in Jaffa for almost a month. Care to show me 1 example in which during prolonged heavy fighting in populated area not a single civilian was killed? I know you cant find such an example. The witness that buried the bodies actually says that they could not do proper ceremonies because of the fighting,bullets and grenades everywhere. And two sides were fighting. Since not all warfare in populated area is considered war crime,you should check what the definition is.

You will find no evidence because Israel purposely targets civilians and civilian infrastructures they have made this claim many times. These are war crimes.
War crime = A war crime is a serious violation of the laws applicable in armed conflict (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility. Examples of war crimes include "murder, the ill-treatment or deportation of civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labor camps," "the murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war," the killing of prisoners, "the wanton destruction of cities, towns and villages, and any devastation not justified by military, or civilian necessity."
The last part sure sounds like Israel seeing how Israel has wiped out hundreds of villages.

If you actually read my post, i don't say that there were no war crimes in 1948 war. All i am saying is that existence of a mass grave is not a sign of war crime,especially if you read what witness says.
edit on 3-6-2013 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by projectvxn

Is this a bit more "Western" for you?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh, and Boo Hoo...poor Israel

How dare we discuss this incident!

The Nazis were famous for their mass graves too...you would think they would have distanced themselves from these actions.

This was an invasion of a village as they occupied it. I see no good reason for those bones being there.
edit on 6/1/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Oh, and Boo Hoo...lookie here,

A JEWISH mass grave in Tel Aviv old cemetery (1921, 1929,1936 riots, remains of residents of the Polish town of Zdunska Wola who perished in the Holocaus and 1948 war)

commons.wikimedia.org...:Mass_graves_in_Israel

Captain incite hatred has arrived

Been a while Gravi

We all know both sides did wrong after the formation of Israel as it has already been mentioned (several times) but this thread is about the grave mentioned in the OP.

But if you want to compare the crimes of the Zionist invaders versus those of the Palestinian victims who had their villages invaded, and then were massacred...perhaps you can check out these sites...warning...graphic material is present within them.

www.alnakba.org...

israelwarcrimes.com...

This grave is probably from the Jaffa massacre in January 1948.

Over 1,300 Palestinians killed as the Jewish Zionist groups moved to control the city. Most of the 70,000 Palestinians who lived in Jaffa were forced to flee their homes.

Admit it Gravi, the European immigrants who came to Israel in 1948 were no better than the Nazis.

edit on 6/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Where do you get your history from? Jews have always lived in Muslims nations because it was the Christians that were killing them. Like when the Christians took Spain back from the Muslims all the Jews went with the Muslims because they feared what the Christians would do to them.

Ah no, those were catholics under christendom. Christians and jews were the ones being murdered in the Inquisitions. Muslims aren't innocent, all the way back to muhammad they were being killed.

There you go with your warped sense of history again. It was sects of the Roman Catholic church that ran the Inquisitions. It was forced converts from Islam and Judaism that were murdered.
Spanish Inquisition

Portugal and Spain in the late Middle Ages consisted largely of multicultural territories of Muslim and Jewish influence, reconquered from Islamic control, and the new Christian authorities could not assume that all their subjects would suddenly become and remain orthodox Catholics. So the Inquisition in Iberia, in the lands of the Reconquista counties and kingdoms like Leon, Castile and Aragon, had a special socio-political basis as well as more fundamental religious motives.
King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile established the Spanish Inquisition in 1478. In contrast to the previous inquisitions, it operated completely under royal Christian authority, though staffed by clergy and orders, and independently of the Holy See. It operated in Spain and in all Spanish colonies and territories, which included the Canary Islands, the Spanish Netherlands, the Kingdom of Naples, and all Spanish possessions in North, Central, and South America. It primarily targeted forced converts from Islam (Moriscos, Conversos and secret Moors) and from Judaism (Conversos, Crypto-Jews and Marranos) — both groups still resided in Spain after the end of the Islamic control of Spain — who came under suspicion of either continuing to adhere to their old religion or of having fallen back into it.
In the Americas, King Philip II set up two tribunals (each formally titled Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición) in 1569, one in Mexico and the other in Peru. The Mexican office administered Mexico (central and southeastern Mexico), Nueva Galicia (northern and western Mexico), the Audiencias of Guatemala (Guatemala, Chiapas, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica), and the Spanish East Indies. The Peruvian Inquisition, based in Lima, administered all the Spanish territories in South America and Panama.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

US is a state. Palestine was a part of British empire. Do you have issues with appearance of Pakistan, Jordan et ctr? And Mr Muhammad that owned land in British mandate of Palestine could continue owning this land in Israel. But the war did mess things up. Israel used it as a cover to commit ethnic cleansing but often Arab leaders them self called for people to flee from their homes. Not to mention that Arab side took Jewish land where they won,too. Like Gaza, East Jerusalem and West Bank. There were Arabs left in Israel. There were no Jews left in ex-mandate lands that was under Jordan/Egypt control.

How much land in Pakistan and Jordan was stolen from them and given to other people? Yes Arab leaders called for the Arabs to flee their homes because the Israelis were KILLING them.

This is the historical truth. One must be pretty blind to not see it. There are official declarations of war on Israel. If there was no war , Israel could not have any excuse to commit ethnic cleansing,certainly not on the scale it did happen. And numbers of Palestinian Arabs killed during 1948 war speak clearly against your claim.

There is no excuse to commit ethnic cleansing. And the cleansing started before the war.

I disagree with what you are saying ,but it is irrelevant to 1948 war anyway. Those lands were not in Israel after 1948 and yet there was no independent Palestine for -cough cough- some reason. So clearly, Israel is not the reason of no Palestine till today. If Arab nations and Palestinians them self wished so, they could easily create Palestinian state during 19 years of control over those areas. But it was (and is) not about creating Palestine, it is about removal of Israel. Then and now.

After The Lausanne Conference of 1949 those lands did belong to Israel even though Israel broke it's agreement. And Palestine didn't agree to it because it went against the majority of the people. At that time it was 65% Arab and 35% Jewish and a majority of that 35% had only recently immigrated from Europe. Palestine could have done like Israel did and that was lie through their teeth and say they were a peace loving nation.

Declaration of war is what started the war. This is how it goes. All the inner fighting prior to it are not relevant. there is fighting in Iraq between Shia and Sunni. It is not war. But if ,say, Iran would invade to help out one side - it will be the the start of war. same thing happened in British Palestine. There were skirmishes, acts of terror and bloodshed. Nothing on the scale similar to what happened during the war though.

Over 500 villages have been wiped out. Had Israel stayed within the boundaries that it were given chances are the war would have never started.

If you actually read my post, i don't say that there were no war crimes in 1948 war. All i am saying is that existence of a mass grave is not a sign of war crime,especially if you read what witness says.

When civilians are targeted mainly women and children it is a war crime. And seeing how Israel has no problem with with targeting civilians something they have admitted time and time again just shows they are committing war crimes.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You can't seriousely think "these" people would ever do something like this.
They are, once again, being made the scapegoats of history.
I am quite sure it will not be long before someone explains how those found in the graves crawled in and covered themselves with dirt.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Well, if it walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, and acts like a Nazi, chances are it's a Nazi. Nothing to see here, just more evidence of how despicable and hypocritical the Israeli regime really is.

I do not know the validity of the findings, but the information coming from Press TV in "Occupied Yafa" leaves me very skeptical.

Jordan and Syria killed Palestinians, sometimes in the 10's of thousands.

Anyone remember Black September? Some 20,000 Palestinians were slaughtered in an attempted Palestinian uprising.

Heck, there are some claims that Assad is ethnic cleansing Palestinians in Syria, right now as I type.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I got ya. Thank you for that straightfoward answer. On the point they jumped the gun on the re creation of Israel we both agree.
They were to wait until God returned to remake Israel. The Leadership intentionally mis interpreted the promise. The Promise was that they would become a great nation(A PEOPLE NOT A LITERAL COUNTRY) until the time to return.

The leadership convinced the rest of them that they were told it was time to return apparently,and dragged the rest of them along.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman & they started a war to conquer the rest of the surrounding land..

I recall the Arab-League attacking Israel, many times.. as a unilateral force. And failed misberably.. so?

that's who you mean right?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
So I've perused a few articles and there seems to be very little being agreed upon.

• The grave contains 60-200 bodies. Some articles say 60, referencing the living worker who transported the bodies, others say 200, seemingly on the basis of "what it looks like", which is quite subjective. I take it an actual body count hasn't yet been conducted.

• They contain the bodies of Palestinians killed by IDF troops, or, they contain bodies of Muslims and Jews killed in fighting. It's probably unlikely that Jews were buried in a Muslim cemetery, so, we'll say the bodies of Muslims killed.

Don't turn this story into more than it is. We know a war occurred, and as in ALL wars, senseless killings occurred. I needn't remind people that during the 1948 conflict Palestinian gangs launched raids on Israeli villages, killing hundreds of non-combatants. And yes, it went the other way as well.

The exaggerations and sheer fanaticism towards Israel's "evilness" is too inane to even acknowledge. Even far leftists like Slavoj Zizek admit that it's in very poor taste to compare Israel to the Nazis. Any moral thinker quasi able to think rationally, after looking over facts, in say a one on one comparison between Israel and the Nazis, see's how absurd the comparisons are....yet political radicalists repeat this absurdity to make it catch on as a meme.

• Oh... Well that makes sense now. A war was going on? And the article didn't even mention that! Crappy reporting at its best.

So what was this war called? What was it about? Was this during ww2? I'd love to learn more from someone like you who seems to have your head on straight

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
    link   
    I must have missed the part where it said the Israeli's dumped the bodies. I do recall reading about a resident of a Palestinian town who was tasked with burying the bodies and, thanks to the war around him, he was dumping bodies in the ground as quickly as possible.

So, to recap, a mass grave, most likely buried by local palestinians, is now an atrocity committed by the evil jews.

And to the member who had the sense of humor to point out that Israel aims their weapons at civilians, thank you for the laugh. I needed it on this dreary day. I forget how the palestinians aim their rockets and Israeli military targets that morph into civilian populations.

Folks, this is the hatfields and the mccoys. There's no fixing this issue until both sides are willing to admit that the other has a right to exist. By both sides, I mean both sides of the extremist coin because the jews and muslims I know seem to be quite alright with each other. It's the ignorant minority (as is always the case), that cannot grasp the concept that there are people in this world who are like us, and believe the things we believe, and there are those that don't. I'm honestly surprised that our planet is controlled by people that believe in a series of books that seem to belong on the shelf next to the Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones but what do I know?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
    link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by Astrocyte
    So I've perused a few articles and there seems to be very little being agreed upon.

• The grave contains 60-200 bodies. Some articles say 60, referencing the living worker who transported the bodies, others say 200, seemingly on the basis of "what it looks like", which is quite subjective. I take it an actual body count hasn't yet been conducted.

• They contain the bodies of Palestinians killed by IDF troops, or, they contain bodies of Muslims and Jews killed in fighting. It's probably unlikely that Jews were buried in a Muslim cemetery, so, we'll say the bodies of Muslims killed.

Don't turn this story into more than it is. We know a war occurred, and as in ALL wars, senseless killings occurred. I needn't remind people that during the 1948 conflict Palestinian gangs launched raids on Israeli villages, killing hundreds of non-combatants. And yes, it went the other way as well.

The exaggerations and sheer fanaticism towards Israel's "evilness" is too inane to even acknowledge. Even far leftists like Slavoj Zizek admit that it's in very poor taste to compare Israel to the Nazis. Any moral thinker quasi able to think rationally, after looking over facts, in say a one on one comparison between Israel and the Nazis, see's how absurd the comparisons are....yet political radicalists repeat this absurdity to make it catch on as a meme.

• Oh... Well that makes sense now. A war was going on? And the article didn't even mention that! Crappy reporting at its best.

So what was this war called? What was it about? Was this during ww2? I'd love to learn more from someone like you who seems to have your head on straight

It was the 1948 Palestine war when Israel was named a country, Arab nations rose up to destroy the fledgling nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

In essence, it was Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, and Syria against the small nation of Israel.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by projectvxn

And of course the usual suspects rush in to demonize Israel without actually having any facts or unbiased sources to confirm this sensationalist story.
    edit on 1-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

well, as evidenced by CE's added links, I guess those that rush in to defend nazi like behaviour should check to see if there are more sources first and ad hominem attack second

Not to mention certain of those NAZI "death" camps that have been found DON'T HAVE MASS GRAVES...
    more Zionazi BS

This is exactly what I mean by people rushing in to demonize.

I'm simply not surprised that you would sit there, based on my comments, and call me "zionazi", what ever that means.

I love it when people like you do the work of proving me right. Saves me the effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join