It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Google to turn over customer data to FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Our protections from unlawful search and seizures that are guaranteed under the 4th amendment are no longer valid protections under this ruling and it seems that the government has made it common practice of ignoring those safeguards. It is clear that our 4th amendment has been nullified by the Patriot Act and warrantless searches are being allowed in spite of our 4th amendment protections.

SAN FRANCISCO – A federal judge has ruled that Google Inc. must comply with the FBI's warrantless demands for customer data, rejecting the company's argument that the government's practice of issuing so-called national security letters to telecommunication companies, Internet service providers, banks and others was unconstitutional and unnecessary.

FBI counter-terrorism agents began issuing the secret letters, which don't require a judge's approval, after Congress passed the USA Patriot Act in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The letters are used to collect unlimited kinds of sensitive, private information, such as financial and phone records and have prompted complaints of government privacy violations in the name of national security. Many of Google's services, including its dominant search engine and the popular Gmail application, have become daily habits for millions of people.

In a ruling written May 20 and obtained Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Susan Illston ordered Google to comply with the FBI's demands.

But she put her ruling on hold until the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could decide the matter. Until then, the Mountain View, Calif.-based company must comply with the letters unless it shows the FBI didn't follow proper procedures in making its demands for customer data in the 19 letters Google is challenging, she said.

LINK

So much for judges upholding the Constitution and enforcing the safeguards that are encompassed within the Bill of Rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Search = already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I searched twice for it, entered into the search engine exactly as my title says and came up with nothing. I really hate the ATS search engine........

In fact just searched again and my thread doesn't even show up, here are the results I got. So what am I doing wrong when I search because this has happened several times now........

The FBI Has Issued 40 Arrest Warrants For Anonymous Members, page 3
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread693872/pg3

Okay, please allow me to play the Devil's Advocate here, particularly since I know absolutly nothing about this Anon group.. If no one knows who they're, or what they're about, then how do they're on our side. How do we know that Anon isn't a goverment opps to track hackers and this apparent "legion" of gamers, who potentially pose more of a ...

FBI 'Deputizing' Businesses and granting them 'shoot to kill ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread332781/pg6

All of this is clearly set up to ensure that in the event of a dictator getting into power in the US, the civilians are unable to do anything about it. This is pretty much exactly how other nations have fallen into dictatorship. Basically, if Bush wants to make himself dictator, no-one is allowed, nor capable of doing anything about it… or it ...

Apple ready to shut down your iPhone remotely , page 3
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread883258/pg3

Maybe I should run for office of some kind with common sense thinking like that. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. All it will take is some clever action by a competitor like HTC or Samsung. A well timed publicity of failures by Apple along with a new product and a competitor could destroy Apple over night.

Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers, page 3
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread782800/pg3

I own around 100 guns, and all are in firing condition. It's my hobby, I competed in USPSA 3 gun and when I quit I was a class B shooter. Same basic thing happened with guns, especially "black rifles" So we have Bush-era Neocons associated with private military contractors buying up all of the weapons manufacturing capability.

Exclusive: U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread512113/pg1

ATT has a data gathering center that routes all of the US telephone ... Judge orders release of detained ... FBI kills man during questioning over Boston marathon ...

Julian Assange And Wiki-leaks.... Your base for information, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread635520/pg

The Santiniketan Park Association, also known as The Family and The Great White Brotherhood, is a controversial New Age group formed in Australia under the leadership of the Yoga teacher Anne Hamilton-Byrne. UNSEEN UNHEARD UNKNOWN MY LIFE INSIDE THE FAMILY OF ANNE HAMILTON-BYRNE SARAH HAMILTON-BYRNE In 1987 police raided an isolated property and ...

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen, page 8
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread770460/pg8

As far as the officer and his family. I'm on board with the "no women and children" If you read back through history, OWS could turn into a Munich Beer Putsch or the burning of the Reichtstaff. This can only work if you have better investigators than the government has. Basic human rights need to work both ways.

The 2010 Census, How I Have Responded to 5 Enumerators , page 6
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread573484/pg6

So the government can pick you off and own you outright. You all belong to the US government and there's nothing you can do about it. Meaning - troublesome, resistant, anti-government and a possible threat to the US through your non-patriotic outlook. Im from the UK and although our government isn't nearly perfect I can still remain anonymous in ...

for neo-nazi holocaust deniers , page 32 - AboveTopSecret.com ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread348857/pg32

... data and commentaries for recent ... he was unconditionally discharged from Parole on the orders of a Judge. ... FBI kills man during questioning over Boston ...

edit on 1-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join