It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soylent: It has finally arrived.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

There are so many biological processes that are set in action just by looking at and smelling food that our relationship to it will never be reduced to a powder.

No, it requires a person to have so much food around that they have the leisure time to consider things like not eating and reducing the diet experimentally to just a powder that contains the essentials. That's how I have made the association to narcissism.

Helping people with the stuff was an after thought by the creator. And a really absurd one too; totally misplaced. It reminds me of all the rich little college students these days running off to spend their summer vacations saving Africa.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
But, this is targetted for the third world as a cheap source of all round nutrition. Sadly they can't have the lovely meals and breakfast we are used to .

Not having the variety of diet may be a blessing and not a curse.

Having enough nutrition IS a problem. But certainly to eat like Americans is not a good thing. Have you seen how many hot dogs are eaten in this country? That is a curse I wouldn't blight any nation with.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

that or the next Gen of MRE, no need for mess kit just pour in mouth drink water form camel pack and your set.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

All truth goes through three phases... first it's ridiculed, second it's violently opposed.. third it's accepted as self evident.

You likely only feel this way because we have always lived this way. Most people in the world eat insects as delicacies... to Americans and the western world this is far weirder than powdered food. Doesn't that show us how small minded we can be about these things? There was a time when people wouldn't east lobster and shrimp because they seemed repulsive.. or sushi... other cultures feel the same about eating cow meat and many people feel the same about meat in general.

Just think.. some time in the future people might not eat meat at all and we will all be viewed as cavemen and barbarians because we do.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by Bybyots

I have felt like this a lot myself.. My problem is eating and knowing that you are getting the nutrients you need... I often just eat what I feel like eating and ended up overweight because of it. I don't want to spend my time figuring out meal plans AND calculating the calories and nutrients in each meal... so it seems easier to just eat a very simplified diet that gives you all the necessary nutrients you need. You could always have a meal outside of that system if you felt like it, too.

I can't believe this hasn't happened already.. it likely hasn't happened because the food industry won't let it happen..

Behold!

www.medifast1.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The only problem with using this to cure world hunger is...

A. Give to all poor people so they can eat.

B. (Board of directors) "Hey, how do we make everyone poor so they can eat our products??"

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I've been saying this for a while:
ATS: Have we become a "Soylent Green" world
It outlined a food source that can be made with human DNA and yeast.

This sounds like a neat survival food. Just because it's called "Soylent" doesn't make it "Soylent Green". I will say that it could easily be "Soylent Orange" from the same movie.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by Bybyots

I have felt like this a lot myself.. My problem is eating and knowing that you are getting the nutrients you need... I often just eat what I feel like eating and ended up overweight because of it. I don't want to spend my time figuring out meal plans AND calculating the calories and nutrients in each meal... so it seems easier to just eat a very simplified diet that gives you all the necessary nutrients you need. You could always have a meal outside of that system if you felt like it, too.

I can't believe this hasn't happened already.. it likely hasn't happened because the food industry won't let it happen..

Behold!

www.medifast1.com...

Not to be negative.. there might be something to this but it sounds like a weight watchers type thing at first glance where you buy meals. That is in line with the food industry and things like weight watchers can defend themselves from the other food industries attacks because they are making a big profit.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
... But i as a doctor actually am in favour of this product.

Might we see your credentials? No offence my learned friend but I have seen many "keyboard warriors" attest to skills and qualifications they could never hope to attain in an attempt to engender their posts with some kind of credibility.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Dude your avatar needs a Doctor. But interesting post!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well where's the strawberrys? 99 perecent of the nutritonal value of the Soylent is located in the strawberrys!

<< 1   >>

join