It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Granted Dictatorial Power in Immigration Bill, All Laws Nullified, Voters Silenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted, undecided between political madness or conspiracy. That being said, all relevant links to research of this story are at the bottom of the link page. I cannot begin to imagine how screwed we are if this gets through. I see the republicans are stopping it in the house for the moment. They give the lobbyists anything they want for the usual campaign contribution so that's only a matter of time if it isn't just a show anyway. Natural News
edit on 26-5-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Hopefully Congress would be able to stop something like this, but the Senate has been furiously searching for loopholes to get around Congress a lot recently, and where there's a will there;s a way.

Did you see this part?

The provision called for "a massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country with a driver's license or other state-issued photo ID," Wired reported.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Looks like they're trying to force the National ID issue again.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is far more than a National ID , though it fills that bill too.....
This is almost equvialent to the powers granted to Hitler after the Riechstag fire.but broken down and inferred upon appointees instead of congress....
This will be the basis for serious political and social repression of the American People.
If you dont want to fight it you may as well go get branded with your mark of the beast right now.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
DHS just won't stop until they have their Holy Grail of investigative tracking. A central cradle to grave database of individual dossiers on everyone. Everywhere. All open to the right access level and swipe of the keys. NCIC is the next best thing, but as I've heard and I'll bet any cop can add to the stories, 100% accurate it isn't. Not near to what the term would do justice.

DHS is who has been funneling equipment for REAL ID implementation into Missouri License Bureau's in direct violation of MO State Law prohibiting that very thing. The 10th amendment and Constitution in general are archaic and quaint items for a museum to these people...not parts of the living documents that formed our great nation.

It just won't stop while they and those like them are running things. Each day brings new levels of '''Now what?!".
edit on 26-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I hope this turns out to be a sensational headline and nothing more.

If it is valid, I maybe leaving this country very soon with no plans of returning. ICE, DHS(the USCG included) are already out of control.

As someone who lives on a boat I already have no to right to privacy because those alphabet groups can board my boat anytime they want and do a complete search without a warrant.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I hope this turns out to be a sensational headline and nothing more.

If it is valid, I maybe leaving this country very soon with no plans of returning. ICE, DHS(the USCG included) are already out of control.

As someone who lives on a boat I already have no to right to privacy because those alphabet groups can board my boat anytime they want and do a complete search without a warrant.

It's NaturalNews, chances are it's over the top sensationalized

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Natural News

Oh, naturalnews.

Must be a lie.

---

Edit. Now that I've read the article,
1. the SCARY screaming sensationalist headline claim of
"total dictatorial power" is watered down in the actual article to just a provision that grants discretion in one area.
2. for the claim of "all laws nullified", they dont even make a half hearted attempt to stand by it.

edit on 26-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This immigration bill doesn't have a chance of passing through the House.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

well lets dig deep and see what is up with law er bill. Lets start with the bill it self www.govtrack.us... from the link

S 744 IS

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 744

To provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

April 17 (legislative day, April 16), 2013

Mr. SCHUMER (for himself, Mr. MCCAIN, Mr. DURBIN, Mr. GRAHAM, Mr. MENENDEZ, Mr. RUBIO, Mr. BENNET, and Mr. FLAKE) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE; TABLE OF CONTENTS.

(a) Short Title- This Act may be cited as the ‘Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act’.
ok now that we know what this is to do lets see where it stands.www.govtrack.us... from the link

S. 744: Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act

Introduced:
Apr 16, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
Sponsor:
Sen. Charles Schumer [D-NY]
Reported by Committee

The bill’s title was written by the bill’s sponsor. S. stands for Senate bill.
Track this bill
(About Ads | Go Ad-Free for $5)

Overview
Summaries
Related
Citations

Status

The committees assigned to this bill sent it to the House or Senate as a whole for consideration on May 21, 2013.
Progress
Introduced Apr 16, 2013
Referred to Committee Apr 16, 2013
Reported by Committee May 21, 2013
Passed Senate ...
Passed House ...
Signed by the President ...
Prognosis

27% chance of being enacted.

Only 16% of Senate bills that made it past committee in 2011–2013 were enacted. [show factors | methodology]

well with 27% , i think this will be a non bill soon to be dead bill that has no chance of doing anything but getting just a few of Them more attention.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Natural News

Oh, naturalnews.

Must be a lie.

---

Edit. Now that I've read the article,
1. the SCARY screaming sensationalist headline claim of
"total dictatorial power" is watered down in the actual article to just a provision that grants discretion in one area.
2. for the claim of "all laws nullified", they dont even make a half hearted attempt to stand by it.

edit on 26-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Well, it seems a few checked out the gov link listed on the NN site. That would be the gov standing by their own words. Soemthing they have steered away from doing as of late. Soemone else mentioned 'fit the bill' in their post. Thanks you. I'm not the only 1 that comes up with 4 out of a 2+2 equation. Why all the 'and other purposes' listed in cryptic legislation that isn't read until after it's passed? And for those thinking I make that up, Nancy Pelosi is quoted as 'let's sign it so we can see what's in it!'

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

If it is valid, I maybe leaving this country very soon with no plans of returning. ICE, DHS(the USCG included) are already out of control. As someone who lives on a boat I already have no to right to privacy because those alphabet groups can board my boat anytime they want and do a complete search without a warrant.

So why are you still staying around when it is already far beyond what a rational person would put up with? If your waiting on this bill or some other to cause you to slip your cable, you may find yourself in a position were it is too late to do so. Way anchor me hearty for fairer shores while ye still can.

Wither this bill passes or some other, they will sooner or later get what they want. I fear that for all of those living in the US that it will be sooner than later.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Actually I am well aware of this and I was waiting for the story to develop more after the holiday. And it will. I think the days of sneaking things past the citizens are over. I can find some better links for you. Got a good one right here...

During yesterday’s markup of S. 744, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said the bill was just like Obamacare – which contained 1,600 delegations of Congressional authority. S. 744 allows the DHS secretary to waive rules over 400 times, including in cases where criminals attempt to get amnesty. Watch the video of his remarks about delegation below.

You are here: Home / Amnesty 2013 / Grassley – Amnesty Bill Delegates Too Much to DHS (Video)

edit on 27-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Cough cough... You may want to check my edited post up above. You can't have any more proof than that.

new topics

top topics

join