It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on our ATS Mediums, I have a few questions for you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So the wife and I recently got turned on to this show called Dead Files. If this lady is legit or not is irrelevant. The show consists of a former detective and a medium that go to haunted locations and tell the homeowners the whos and whys of their hauntings. There is usually many spirits at each location. Maybe she embellishes maybe she doesn't.

We both believe in hauntings etc as for our house is haunted by a tall older man that hangs out by the laundry room. He's harmless.

The question... Why do they stay? Why don't they take the first portal that appears? Why cant they pass on, go to the light, dark tunnel etc... Whats the reasoning? It has to be pretty boring. Are they stuck or can they come and go as they choose? It's never really discussed as to why they need someone to help them pass sometimes.

Thanks in advance.
-BC-

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Good questions...

I am not a medium but sure hope one shows up to give their take on it. There are a lot of opinions in here:

Why do ghosts stay on Earth?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Also not a medium but I heard if you know the "spirts name" all you have to say their name followed by look up and go to the light. Worth a shot.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Not a medium myself...but a person who wonders why many cultures and religions have a celebration when one passes.

From my simple understandings, most of the rituals must be done within a certain time limit. Think the average is about 3 days. From my understandings, the spirit is still tied to their flesh existence and their fleshy ways. When said spirit sees the ceremony in their honor, they'll realize that they have broken their worldly ways. They will then come to terms of their demise. They'll pass to the otherside after they let their love ones know they are OK...usually by a sign or action that is tied to the departed.

If a person 'haunts' your dwelling, you might call upon a 'professional' that can deal with the matter. That professional reminds the departed entity that he/she has died and is no longer bound by fleshly laws. If they accept, they'll move on. If they feel they need to make right a wrong, they might stick around until their justice is served.

As for your tall gentleman, a simple death ceremony in his honor would ensure that he is able to meet up with his departed love ones. He is harmless, let him move on. Ensure the ceremony is one that he will understand and not take offense to.

But, almost every old religion prepares themselves every fall for their departed ancestors to visit the living. Accept this fact and honor your departed fathers and mothers in a way they'll understand. Welcome their visit, but also encourage their departure with dignity. You don't want to guilt them to stick around. Show them that you are OK.

My 2 cents... Might not answer your question, but hope it helps.

My own belief-the reason we'll ask for forgiveness on our deathbed is to ensure we are not guilted into sticking around.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't claim to be a medium yet, although I have helped two spirits to cross. The first one was in a hospital, and I really didn't see anything as far as a shape, just felt a mass of confusion up near the corner of the ceiling where two walls met. I stopped there one day and got really still, and "spoke" to this feeling mentally.

I told it to go to the light when it got the chance, that they had passed away and it was time for them to cross over. Their families who had passed on before would be waiting for them (which is a leap of faith, and I sincerely hope I'm right). I stood there a few seconds and I didn't feel that mass of confusion any more, so I'm assuming he crossed over.

Also assuming it was a he... it felt like a guy. A few days later while visiting my mother in the hospital, I passed a nurse and a new employee in the same short little hallway where I'd felt this presence. I kind of felt like my feelings were validated when the nurse explained, "And this wall right here used to be the entrance to the old emergency room." I believe it was someone who had died there and didn't realize they were dead.

The other one was an older lady, maybe in her 80s, or at least that's what I felt. Saw a faint image in my mind as well, but barely made out what she looked like. No facial features, just a hazy, faint outline. This one felt very childlike, and I believe it was from Alzheimers or dementia.

When I walked toward her the first time, she "popped" to another spot in the room. I changed direction to follow, and she popped over to a closet that was between two gables of the second floor. The back of the closet was angled to the floor. When I headed toward her that time, she must have felt trapped and threatened, because the next image was of her kneeling on one knee, with her head down and her armed raised in front as if to guard her face.

That kind of made me sick, because I knew she had probably not been treated very well in life. Whether it was as a child or when she got older and feeble, I don't know, but I knew she was frightened in that moment. I spoke to her and told her no one would ever hurt her again, that she had passed away and she could go toward the light whenever she got the chance. I told her she had family over there who were looking for her, and would come to meet her as she went into the light.

After several minutes of talking, I finally convinced her to go and I couldn't feel a presence any longer. With both of these, I'm certain they had no idea they had died. I believe this is one of the reasons they may hang around. That place is all they know, and they feel safe there. Most of the time I don't think they mean to scare people, but I do believe they miss human interaction and may try to communicate with us from time to time by moving things, making noises, or just showing up unannounced.

I do want to get better at communicating with spirits and ghosts, so I will be able to accurately say I am a psychic medium. Oh, by the way, I believe there's a difference in ghosts and spirits. I believe ghosts are the ones who are stuck, or don't realize they're dead, and spirits have already crossed and are free to come and go. I had a light heart attack at 39 from stress, and I felt my hospital room chock full of angels. I also could feel my deceased father's energy so strong it felt like I could open my eyes and he'd be sitting there.

Hope this helps answer your questions a little bit!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Amy(Dead Files) explains, which I agree with as a "ghost hunter" and as a 'sensitive'- boarder line medium- a lot of the situations for spirits staying in places.

It's covers a lot of ground such as: Their ethereal cord is still connected to the material plain. They do not know that they have passed. Are connected to a tragic event of death. Are deeply connected to a place-, also some due to an unresolved issue in life- wanting to be with their lost loved one/ones-graves for example, as home or land disputes, etc.

Also, fragments of the self/spirit splinter off, some reflecting residual hauntings. Maybe some are afraid of passing into the light or a doorway due to strong religious beliefs-as heaven or hell may await. Or simply enjoy where they are-being watchful over living loved ones, and or connected by power to even being trapped by a demonic or some would say Inter-dimensional being...Much more. While the show may not always go into details- Needing help in passing could be because of any above. I suggest checking out other shows and documentaries.
edit on 24-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: Added more...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I Googled the question prior to asking here. A lot of the reasons were the same from website to website. For some reason they didn't satisfy. The reasons felt opinion based. For instance, one of the reasons I read was for lack of spiritual beliefs. Lack of spiritual beliefs??? C'mon now, the subject in question is already more advanced in "spiritual beliefs" then any one living person. The only two I could really buy into are instances of sudden trauma and protection of loved ones. Then again that's me putting my living opinion onto why the dead do not move on.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Myname2014

I'm not trying to get rid of the fella that likes my laundry room. We are moving out in a couple months. Who am I to decide what this fella does if its not going to impact me. In the future if something suddenly comes up where that will be useful, I thank you in advance.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Wow that makes a lot of sense. A good visual would be when certain cultures put the body atop kindling and sets that ablaze if the spirit is present they will see themselves burning away to nothing. Then knowing their fleshy ways are no more.

So you think I should do something for the fella here? Is that the right thing to do? What if I piss him off and he gets all Amittyville on us?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

So spirits can carry over their dementia? If they are mentally ill here that carries over to the other side? Is that only because they chose to stay here and not follow the "light". I would hope there would be some kind of reset so to say.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What are Ghosts?

Sometimes a spirit doesn't complete its transition to the spirit world when its body dies. The spirit may stay on the earth plane rather than moving on into the spirit world (heaven). These are called "earth bound" spirits. Usually this is caused by a sudden unexpected death or if the spirit had a strong emotional attachment to something or someone on the earth and doesn't want to leave it. Their mind may be obsessed with something on the earth, and when you are a spirit, your thoughts influence where you go. Also, sometimes a spirit may be afraid of punishment in the afterlife and so may linger near the earth rather than make the transition.

There are other types of ghosts too, more at the link above.

(I don't work as a medium but I've taken classes in mediumship which I've described here: Adventures of as Student Medium)
edit on 24-5-2013 by 28573yt9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by 28573yt9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I believe ghosts may still carry wounds or things like dementia UNTIL they pass over, where the soul itself is made whole again, and in spirit, their appearance is not dependent upon the previous body condition.

Say there are serious burns on a body. If they have not passed over, I've heard and read it's entirely possible they will appear as ghosts bearing these horrific injuries. Once they are "in spirit," or passed over, they no longer have a need for the body at all, so if they materialize on the earth plane they will appear whole and restored.

But then that's my opinion based on the research I've gathered. Still looking, still learning!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

I believe ghosts may still carry wounds or things like dementia UNTIL they pass over, where the soul itself is made whole again, and in spirit, their appearance is not dependent upon the previous body condition.

Wow, if that's true lets hope that when people in wheel chairs die their chairs go with them or they will never be able to 'cross into the light'. Also dead blind people could be wondering around in search of the light forever.

In fact if what you claim is true seeing as almost all people are not fit and able when they die its a surprise ANYONE ever makes it to 'the light' at all

edit on 24-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Say there are serious burns on a body. If they have not passed over, I've heard and read it's entirely possible they will appear as ghosts bearing these horrific injuries. Once they are "in spirit," or passed over, they no longer have a need for the body at all, so if they materialize on the earth plane they will appear whole and restored.

But then that's my opinion based on the research I've gathered. Still looking, still learning!

That is awesome info... thanks

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thank you, and thanks for reading the WHOLE POST, where I said I BELIEVE they MAY still carry wounds ... I didn't state it as an absolute fact that every singe one does this every single time!

Nothing is carved in stone, so to speak. As many people as there are in the world, that many souls can have totally unique trips back home. Some may linger, some may make a mad dash to the other side, and some may not know what the heck just happened. These are the ones I'm concerned about, because more often than not I just feel an emotion, and when I feel that fear or confusion, I want to help.

I'm not looking to serve eviction notices to perfectly peaceful souls who want to linger for a while, just to help wherever I feel the need to help. If I have been given the gift to be able to sense them, and sense their fear, I believe it's my responsibility to use that gift for the highest good. I can only hope that if I get stuck when I die, somebody will be kind enough to help me as well.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay.

A lot of the reasons were the same from website to website. For some reason they didn't satisfy. The reasons felt opinion based.

Agreed. I feel the same way. After all we are still here and really have no clue whats around that bend. I hear stories and some have credibility. I was going to spout some of it here, but though carefully about it. I don't really know either.

I have seen some things and like you believe in a Spirit world. Maybe a good comparison is asking a baby in the womb what it knows about the world outside.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

If he's a nice soul, then why not allow him to meet up with his departed love ones. You might want to hire a pro...before doing so, you should do a history on the lineage of your domicile. Ensure any 'party' is appropriate to the departed. The party should never get crazy or fearful. It's not an exorcism, but a celebration for his passing. He'll be reunited with long lost love ones.

Just my 2 cents...and old world superstition. Really a Christian, but family likes to hold on to the old ways. Hope all is well.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If you like that stuff go to this site www.deankoontz.com... and if you haven't read these do so. They might answer your questions. Start with the 1st book.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I believe, from what I've read and researched over the years, that a ghost hangs around because sometimes the "death" is so quick they don't realize they have died.

There is also those who still have unfinished business here that want to stick around to finish it by getting someone who can communicate with them to help them in that process. That's why psychics/mediums are bombarded by ghosts all around them trying to get their attention; because the ghosts see them as a person that can communicate and help them.

Then you have the ghost that loves physical things in this world, and they don't want to let go. Like someone may have worked really hard to get their house, and they felt proud of it, and love it so much they don't want to leave it, or whatever possession it might be.

Also, you have ghosts that hang around because they want to make sure their family, and loved ones are taken care of. These are probably the people who felt their family couldn't make it without them, so they stick around after death.

Then you also have your evil demon who stands waiting for certain souls to leave the physical body so "it" can take another one to torment. These demons block the path of certain souls to pass on to the light, and they remain trapped, earthbound until the demon is exorcised/removed to allow them access to the light to cross over.

And too, there are those with religious beliefs who feel they will face punishment if they "move on" due to the lifestyle they chose while alive; So they stay here not wanting to face God.

There are many reasons we have ghosts. These are some I have discovered over the years.
edit on 5/25/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A very good friend of mine who died many years ago came back to me once and told me she was hanging out at her old house because during her life, it was the place she had the happiest memories, and she was resting there until it was time for her to go someplace better.

It seems some spirits enter a period of reflection and "haunt" the places they had the best memories. I would assume that it goes both ways as well if someone had a very violent life.

That is the only example I can give though as any other spirits I have encountered and spoken to have been people who have come back to give messages.

I have not done any ghost hunting yet, so I have no other experiences with ghosts in homes that I could talk to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join