It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Watch 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With tornado season in full swing, I figured it'd be best to have one thread about severe weather instead of multiple threads, like Quake watch.

2013 Tornadoes

edit on 20-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Tornado on the ground in Newcastle Oklahoma right now. TWC is showing a live shot of it, kids are being held in the school. Heading towards Moore.

twitter.com...

Map

2 mile wide debris ball according to TWC. Tornado nearing the high school
edit on 20-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Tornado Watch 2013

Oops, I searched for weather watch threads, my bad.
Please close mods.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That tornado is out of this world! I hope everyone in this area of oklahoma is hunkered down and safe!

This thing has to be approaching the record in size.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be better if you started it in januari. Besides the tornadoes now we had severe winter outbreaks in the northern hemisphere and record breaking heat in Australia. Tornadoes, how severe they are, are happening in tornado alley.

Too bad there are always casualties.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Two Schools destroyed, hopefully the children were evacuated but by the looks of it search and rescue is out now which doesn't sound good. Hearts go out to any families effected by this tornado and the ones yesterday!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
reply to post by Havox

Two Schools destroyed, hopefully the children were evacuated but by the looks of it search and rescue is out now which doesn't sound good. Hearts go out to any families effected by this tornado and the ones yesterday!

The second school that was showed was an elementary school, it was completely leveled. They're unsure if the kids were sheltered there, really hope not.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Bad news for Joplin - tornado warning until 7:15pm, and radar shows tornado debris signature over far northeast OK heading northeast.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Severe Storm Potential for Central Texas!

Today is a day that you want to keep a close eye on the weather! Most of Central Texas is under a Moderate Risk for severe weather today. By early this afternoon storms will start to form across Central Texas, and will likely last through the evening hours. Any storms that form could produce gusty winds, large hail, and possibly a few tornadoes!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havox

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Tornado Watch 2013

Oops, I searched for weather watch threads, my bad.
Please close mods.

I'd rather you kept it open! I've a feeling that the coming summer/ autumn is going to be very interesting globally. No doubt we will see heatwaves, BIG storms, floods, droughts and wildfires on a record-breaking level. Watch this space...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Looks like Texas isn't the only place looking at a severe threat today, although they have the highest possibility for a tornado.

Severe thunderstorms containing hail, damaging wind gusts, and tornadoes are forecast to roll from Texas to the Mississippi Valley, Ohio Valley and into the Great Lakes. Areas that should prepare for the severe weather include Dallas-Fort Worth, Shreveport, La., St. Louis, Mo., Chicago, Ill. and Columbus, Ohio. The greatest tornado threat will exist in northeast Texas, far southeast Oklahoma, southwest Arkansas and northwest Louisiana. A few strong tornadoes are possible.

www.weather.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dunno, but I am wondering if Severe Weather Watch thread might serve a useful purpose. This can encompass more than tornadoes. Severe storms include hail, damaging winds, snow, freezing rain, etc. I live in Southwest Ontario Canada and the weather service alerts here are terrible.

A lot of our weather stems from across the lake in Ohio or from Michigan, I find it funny that storm tracks seem to end at the border for radar especially stuff like NOAA. It would be nice to hear reports from people in these areas, for me anyway so I have a first hand account of what to expect.

The map posted above for the Weather Channel illustrates my point exactly. The weather has borders, if only it would listen!!!
edit on 21-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

BTW i am in the red area if you extend it past the border.
edit on 21-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Looks like you're having some storms up there to.
Potential for more storms in southern Ontario Tuesday

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Tornado watch until 10pm for much of north MS, west TN, southeast AR, northeast LA, MO bootheel; incl. Memphis.

twitter.com...

Storms in the Northeast packing hail - 2" diameter hail (larger than golfballs) at Kinderhook, NY at 3:34pm EDT.

Tornado Warning for Poinsett County, AR

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... EASTERN POINSETT COUNTY IN EASTERN ARKANSAS... * UNTIL 345 PM CDT * AT 320 PM CDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING A TORNADO 9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HARRISBURG... MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Tornado Warning for Dutchess County, NY

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... NORTHEASTERN LITCHFIELD COUNTY IN NORTHERN CONNECTICUT... SOUTHERN BERKSHIRE COUNTY IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS... EXTREME NORTHEASTERN DUTCHESS COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK... SOUTH CENTRAL COLUMBIA COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK... * UNTIL 530 PM EDT

I Wasn't expecting any warnings this far to the north..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Severe Weather Continues Wednesday

Wednesday, low pressure will slide across the Great Lakes with a cold front trailing southward all the way to the Gulf Coast. Ahead of this front, thunderstorms could produce damaging wind gusts, large hail, and a few tornadoes. Areas that should be alert for severe weather include Columbus, Ohio, Charleston, W.V., Pittsburgh, Pa., and Buffalo, N.Y.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Storms Threaten the East and S. Plains

A cold front will continue to push slowly through the eastern states on Thursday. Background Thursday's Outlook Thursday's Outlook Background Friday's Outlook Friday's Outlook Ahead of this front, a few thunderstorms could turn severe with localized damaging wind gusts. Areas that should be alert for severe weather include Albany, N.Y., Burlington, Vt., Washington, D.C. and New York City. In addition, localized heavy rainfall could lead to some pockets of flash flooding.

new topics

top topics

join