It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Google Music service sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not impressed at all. First of all there's not a single song from Tool. Not one. Which is probably because Maynard hates things like Google and refused to give them rights to his music.

Second, they won't let you upload "illegal" music. But illegal could just mean you ripped it from a CD, or it doesn't possess the correct digital watermark info. It doesn't necessarily have to be pirated music.

And they want you to upload all the music on your hard drive to Google's cloud. Why? So they can collect more data on everyone, so they can find more people downloading music from alternative sources.

Mainly though there's no Tool.
edit on 18-5-2013 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Something tells me that people who are into Tool already have all the Tool music they're going to need, without Google's help.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centhwevir1979

You're right. I do have all the Tool I'll ever need. I guess it's just the principle of it. The fact that they don't stream music I like makes me mad, but I wouldn't want the bands I like to collude with Google anyway. Viscous cycle.

But I also think it's weird that Google Music has all of Nine Inch Nails' albums, and no Tool. As far as I know NIN is still on Trent's label Nothing so it must have been his decision to license his albums to Google. Why the dichotomy between the two bands? Tool is still on their own label too right?
edit on 18-5-2013 by ZeroReady because: fix

join