It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A better article from NASA where they call it "a breach in the magnetosphere" instead of the rather questionable "portal".

A less pre-chewed site discussing magnetic reconnection that's still pretty simple.

A NASA video that describes FTE's without using the confusing term 'portal' at all. (warning: takes a long time to load for some reason)

Another article with a better description:

New data collected by arrays of NASA and European satellites have shown that FTEs are brief, intermittent, and erratic. One way to think about FTEs is to "imagine a straw poking through a soap bubble and connecting the air on both sides," says space scientist David Sibeck of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Laurel, Maryland, who has submitted a paper on the phenomena to Annales Geophysicae

Note that he's describing a hole in the magnetosphere, not a magic stargate portal.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Those who only have a limited understanding of certain aspects of science seem to associate things that probably should not be associated. For instance, we know from quantum mechanics that particles can do crazy things, but this does not mean that these strange things are possible for something like a human.
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Ok but, two centuries ago, people probably said "just because a bird can fly, doesn't mean a person ever will" then came these out-of-the-box thinkers, the Wright brothers, and built a contraption that people could fly in. Scientists/inventors have wonderful imaginations, and it's when they get those imaginations to work, it turns into new technology.

edit on 18-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.

Lol watch Sliders lately?? Do you happen to be travelling with Rembrandt Brown and Quinn Mallery too?? I really enjoyed the premise of the show but it became way too random and over the top after season 2.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If magnetic lines of force cannot cros then i could see the two fields meeting to overlap into a tunnel for the particles.....
but what has that got to do with time slip?
edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Awesome thread
Portals are real and all one has to do is "truly" want to tap into them.

S~F

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
And THIS is how the aliens will arrive
...or how we get to other star systems

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I like the commentary......" Some portals are small, some are vast"......So what is vast?

I have mentioned this before, but of course it is generally dismissed.

In the Contact with Koldas book, the Earth Contactee, Edwin, was told by "Valdar" that they travel across the Universe, Faster than the speed of light, via the Magnetic Superhighways (Portals), that connect all Planets, Stars, Solar Systems, Galaxys etc etc ...
rune.galactic.to...

This was told to the contactee in 1964!!!
The book shows a diagram drawn in 1980, when the book was published, which is almost identical to the Nasa illustrations.

This contact episode from South Africa was apparently witnessed and corroborated by many people, so the story goes.

I dont know if its real or not, but it does have some interesting information, Like they knew Apollo 13 had a nuclear bomb on it, to launch onto the Moons surface. Which wasnt widely known until the 1980s.

Still, interesting that Nasa is finding information, that appears to agree with what the "Aliens" have told people for years.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very interesting

I can't find any better links. There doesn't seem to be much info out there, and the explanation of what is meant by the term portal is not defined at all.

My best guess from what I have read is that instead of the Suns magnetic field opposing the Earth's magnetic field, they join together and form a plasma link.

Plasma science is the future in my opinion. Plasma forms long helical strands that almost look like DNA. I think I have a link on this in one of my threads. The Earth is surrounded by a Jupiter sized Plasma Sphere. The Sun, like all stars is Plasma, or mainly plasma.

This is all conjecture on my part, but it sounds like a plasma bridge or tunnel is created, and plasma from the sun is injected into our plasma sphere.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the links, I had no luck I gathering more information. I'll have to look further into this.

I wonder when magnetically and plasma will be seen by mainstream science as essentially the same thing.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Very interesting

I can't find any better links. There doesn't seem to be much info out there, and the explanation of what is meant by the term portal is not defined at all.

My best guess from what I have read is that instead of the Suns magnetic field opposing the Earth's magnetic field, they join together and form a plasma link.

Plasma science is the future in my opinion. Plasma forms long helical strands that almost look like DNA. I think I have a link on this in one of my threads. The Earth is surrounded by a Jupiter sized Plasma Sphere. The Sun, like all stars is Plasma, or mainly plasma.

This is all conjecture on my part, but it sounds like a plasma bridge or tunnel is created, and plasma from the sun is injected into our plasma sphere.

See thats the problem im trying to figure out is plasma being sent or just energetic particles if its truly a plasma flow im perplexed as to how that could happen though when i was doing some research on this something strange did occur to me. As i was looking around I was reading a theory on how the suns plasma generates electricity and my question becomes is this just an electrical transfer the same as ocurs in plasma physics? The problem i cant rap my head around is how any connection is made over 93 million miles since sun flares arc back towards the sun all the time what makes this diffrent??

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What interests me is it shows something we didn't know that magnetic field actually effect space time. Einstein would freak out at this we all know gravity effects space time but magnetism? This is the reason we have no idea what causes this and opens up the door for some interesting future applications. If and granted it a really big if you can generate magnetic fields through space that indeed connects two points well let your imagination run wild lol.

Why wouldn't magnetism affect space? Magnetism is one of the fundamental forces of the universe.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
thanks for posting

we should send a spacecraft through one of these portals and see what happens, who knows, in 20 years we could get a signal back or something.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is already a design within governments for signals intelligence. Why would they need to put signal intelligence all the way out there? (hint, it involves more money) How come they can't hire a better illustrative artist to their youtube videos? That art they use to describe their programs is so kindergarten.

Okay there is this concept of the "portal" which is actually an electron stream from Sun to Earth. You might want to call it a tractor beam because it's magnetic. So where did all that gravity go? Maybe there wasn't that thing called gravity in the first place; maybe the scientists are finally evolving their naming of the universe to comprehend that the Earth is a giant ball of dirt with a metal core and the Sun hangs onto it with this magnetic tethering, that as NASA can say it happens several times a day. That is good hope.

For me this goes back to time travel concepts. Putting these little monitoring stations out into orbit, first makes a magnetic security grid around the planet. It also establishes lines of force between the Sun and the Earth, contaminating the field -- after establishing that the Sun is a major consciousness leader on Earth and the lives of Earthlings. Understandably this has already been done, after other satellites, space junk, the ISS, visitor craft from who knows where, have come and gone, but couldn't we just modify those satellites already out there?

If they are finding portals they could also prospect where time-dimension portals might be surfacing. From these micro-portals would be craft. That may be good or bad depending on who is coming over to visit and how the gatekeepers feel about the guests. I might want those visitors to show up; they might have cures and knowledge that the planet-handlers don't want to provide.

Those magnetic monitors also carry the potential to monitor things like anti-particles. Sometimes these are time-dependent precursor particles that are supposed to land from Sun to Earth and into your itty bitty bodies to compel DNA to be strong, happy, and colorfully motivated to do something different, but now there is interference.

Look, you have long distance magnetic sensors up there, you have HAARP down here, you have some smart computers, and antenna keep getting modified by the Sun's rays. X-class solar flare anybody? So they are trying to negate the influence of space weather down here, hijacking patterns of nature that have occurred for a very long time.

The irony is that the plan is to put metal containers up there to monitor magnetic disturbances.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

[Quote] What interests me is it shows something we didn't know that magnetic field actually effect space time. Einstein would freak out at this we all know gravity effects space time but magnetism? This is the reason we have no idea what causes this and opens up the door for some interesting future applications. If and granted it a really big if you can generate magnetic fields through space that indeed connects two points well let your imagination run wild lol.

Why wouldn't magnetism affect space? Magnetism is one of the fundamental forces of the universe.

Well Einstine showed of course gravity effects space we know that gravity connects stars and galaxies etc. But magnetism is not a fundamental force on large scales as far as we know though i will say oddly act very similar to gravity in alot of situations. I suspect there is a connection between the two.We can use magnetism to control plasma particles much in the same way gravity can so this does make you wonder how closely related they are. I saw one explanation on the internet its distinction between the 2 was gravity is single pole magnetism has 2. now i doubt remeber the particulars of this maybe ill see tonight ifi can find it.

Thought id add one more thing while i was thinking about it we do know magnetism can effect gravity waves so that makes me wonder if this isnt mearly a flattening of space magnetic fields dont like to be bent or squeezed thats why opisit poles push against one another. Could a magnetic field create a tunnel by flattening space?
edit on 5/19/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I think the answer is that electricity and magnetism are both plasma states of matter.

Considering how little we know about plasma, this explanation is not that much of a leap. Plasma is the most common state of matter in the universe, and most likely there are more types of plasma than there are types of gases, liquids, or solids.

This plasma tunnel, if that is what it is, could transfer all kinds of plasma that we don't understand.

If this plasma transfer occurs close to the speed of light, than such a tunnel would only have to exist for ten, twenty minutes, or an hour, for an exchange to take place. If entanglement is involved, possibly such a transfer could take place faster than the speed of light.

It would have to be an exchange of energy far, far less than that of a solar flare.

The implications are enormous.

edit on 19-5-2013 by poet1b because: Better define relation to solar flare.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
This has come up numerous times before. They are not 'portals' as you may think they are. Rather they are 'tunnels' for particles to travel through, unaffected by the Sun's or the Earth's magnetic field. Not folds in time or space or wormholes, or anything metaphysical in nature.

I have not even looked at the whole vid or read any of it. But its not a portal, however even with today's tech it could be a short cut, or you can per say a sort of portal. Like you said these are just places in space and time were these tunnels open up for particles to travel through in a straight line without passing through any other forces out there or getting rebounded back and forth in earths magnetosphere or the suns or such. If anything everybody knows that human space travel is a pathetic thing, and we still have trouble getting even messages from one place to another without it taking vast amounts of time even for such short distances as mars or the outer rim of the galaxy it does sometimes take many years.

And what is communication but specifically interpreted particles and waveforms, basically particle pattern interpretation. So even when communicating long distances they would be a help to get a more direct line going you can say, without background noise and interference from the plethora of other forces of nature out there in the universe. As an application for communications technology these so called portals would be a help, you wont be able to send a full organic human with space ship and all through them, or at least not unless you know how to break all that down to the participles then build it up again on the other side, you know xerox it across the galaxy, but first before you do that you would at first have to build the machines or the things which will be rebuilding the data you send to it from another space and time, literally xeroxing people and things across space and time.

But you know science fiction, so till then you can at the very least open up sort of conduits or portals for faster communications or anything that you can send which will ride on the back of particles shooting through space such as data.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I really dislike it when, in the interest of popularizing science, scientists attempt to employ metaphor or visual conceptualization that actually only obliquely describes what is actually happening in the phenomenon they're trying to describe to us laypeople.

Take the "fabric" of spacetime. I grew up believing that space was literally a flat fabric with substance that "dipped in" wherever objects were. It wasn't until I was older that I began to ask, "Wait a minute. Gravity around a massive object doesn't attract exclusively around the equator of those objects. It attracts in all directions. So how can it be a fabric?" A more accurate conceptualized picture of spacetime, at least in my mind, would be a malleable, three dimensional substance that transcends everything in our universe, and that contracts inwards radially around objects in a curved fashion. Not a two dimensional fabric.

As Bedlam said, these kinds of conceptualizations can really just cause more confusion. For instance: membrane theory. What are membranes? Are they literally real "things" with membranous form, or are they mathematical concepts which, while indicative of something that theoretically exists, should not be interpreted to mean that they are actually "membranes" in the two dimensional, fabric-like way they are always depicted on "Through the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman?" Lol.

While we can't all understand the mathematics, surely we can understand marginally higher concepts than the inaccurate and at times misleading analogical pictures they give us.

Peace.
edit on 5/19/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Pretty cool news, what can we use these portals for? I still know for a fact wormhole portals exist. It's not a fact that can be backed up by observable evidence though, maybe one day.
edit on 19-5-2013 by pyramidikal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well Einstine showed of course gravity effects space we know that gravity connects stars and galaxies etc. But magnetism is not a fundamental force on large scales as far as we know though i will say oddly act very similar to gravity in alot of situations.

2. Electromagnetic - This acts between electrically charged particles. Electricity, magnetism, and light are all produced by this force and it also has infinite range.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

And pretty much everything possesses some degree of electrical charge.

edit on 19-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am wondering how many times someone has been told in human history something is impossible and it time it turns out to be so. Though very interesting this issue is really about a process of nature that also occurs because of the strength of our magnetic field. Note that for example the planet Venus whose magnetic field is very weak so no Aurora.

Clearly the whole point of evaluating the phenomenon is in relation to the tunnels themselves. Seemingly there are potential applications otherwise money would be spent on phenomenon that does have such applications.

A matter of a Unified Field Theory is relating gravity and Electro-magnetism and despite that fact we are not their yet does not preclude that in reality they are related.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join