It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are the pulling these numbers out of thier a$$?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok now here i am looking at ccn.com website and seeing how they list a precentage breakdown of who voted and how they voted such as male votes for bush female votes for bush versus kerry , the breakdown even goes down to income in the household and age. These are supposed to be the ending stats for the exit polls but here is my problem with these numbers ............. they have to be made up! Some of you may be asking how can i claim that but think about it , voting is done annonomously they only check off your name off a list not how you voted. So they could look at the list and go ok XXX amount of females voted and XXX amount of males voted but not who they voted for. They expect us to beleive that they can break down what sex, age, color , household income, religion, ideaology ,education level, sexual prefference, etc , Now tell me how i can go into a booth anonomously and vote they can figure out how often i got to church?

So what are they taking a precint with 10,000 voters and saying well since 50% of the total voters voted for bush and the other 50% voted for Kerry and 50% of the voters where women that must mean 25% of those votes for kerry and 25% of the votes for Bush must have been made by females?

Again dont turn this into a bush kerry thing just look at it from an honest point of view. How would they know if you voted for Kerry and you have been to church in years ( matter of fact your an athiest ) your not gay , and you make 50,000 a year? Sounds to me like a buch of made up numbers , perhaps they are based on the 2000 census reports but hell how many people lied on that? Where do these numbers come from? They allmost seem to me to be numbers to just piss people off at one another by saying only gays voted kerry, or only poor people voted bush.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The very lack of transparacy should have people concerned, whatever their viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ooops i forgot to provide the link

www.cnn.com...

So the american public is to look at the polls taken by unknown people asking unknown people in unknown districts that where selected by unknown people that actually stopped to answer the questions ?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar Now tell me how i can go into a booth anonomously and vote they can figure out how often i got to church?

So what are they taking a precint with 10,000 voters and saying well since 50% of the total voters voted for bush and the other 50% voted for Kerry and 50% of the voters where women that must mean 25% of those votes for kerry and 25% of the votes for Bush must have been made by females?

As I understand it, they spoke with a percentage of the people who had just voted and asked them about those details that you see on that site.

EDIT:
This is from CNN

How does CNN make election projections?
On Election Day, Edison/Mitofsky interviewers stand outside of sample precincts in a given state. They count the people coming out after they have voted and are instructed to interview every third person or every fifth person, for example, throughout the voting day. The rate of selection depends on the number of voters expected at the polling place that day. They do this from the time the polling place opens until shortly before it closes.

The interviewers give each selected voter a questionnaire, which takes only a minute or two to complete. It asks about issues that are important, and background characteristics of the voter, and it also asks for whom they voted in the most important races. During the day, the interviewer phones the information from the questionnaires to a computer center.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Look at my above post ace and you can see what i meant as well, we must have been posting at the same time. Also is there any place i can look and see actual votes becuase in reviewing everything ive looked at so far everything goes back to exit polls not counts. I saw nobody asking questions at my precinct

top topics

join