It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Hadfield comes home to $1.37 million Rogers phone bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share this "news" circulating on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter which people seem to think is real.

The story originated from a Canadian satire newspaper called The Beaverton. It claimed that Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield returned to Earth only to face a whopping $1.37 million Rogers Wireless phone bill due to his cell phone roaming in space...

The Beaverton

After five months in space, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield was shocked to discover his cell phone provider has charged him well over a million dollars for data usage and roaming charges while he was in space.

When asked why he didn’t buy a better data plan, Hadfield responded “I didn’t want to pay for an additional $20 a month rip-off when I’m orbiting the earth in 90 minutes.”

“My parents are going to kill me!” he added.

I'm actually surprised at the number of people who take this at face value and automatically believe it's true! There are so many fake stories going around on those social media sites, it's alarming to see the sheeple blindly believing them.

This was a good joke/troll though, lots of folks believe it.

“My parents are going to kill me!” LOL

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, I should have read which forum this was in.

OP fooled me y'all.

edit on 5/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This could be true in the future. by 2200 we will be in space on the regular, a hamburger will cost you 20K world dollars ( due to inflation). I can see it. lol

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

I think it is really humorous that people believed that he had a phone bill that huge....

Last night I was flipping around the TV channels and I came across a news piece where it showed film of Chris Hadfield up in space playing his guitar and singing David Bowie's song (Space Oddity)...you know the song where some of lyrics are..."ground control to Major Tom..."

Here is a link to this story:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Wow, that was a great video thanks for sharing I love that song! What better setting is there for playing that song other than space lol... none!

Now that he's back on Earth, I don't think he will be able to play that guitar for a little bit until his body adjusts. A tweet from him today:

Return to Gravity, so many things. It is strange to talk and feel the weight of my lips and tongue! Dizzy too - would fail any sobriety test Twitter

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
reply to post by caladonea

Wow, that was a great video thanks for sharing I love that song! What better setting is there for playing that song other than space lol... none!

Now that he's back on Earth, I don't think he will be able to play that guitar for a little bit until his body adjusts. A tweet from him today:

Return to Gravity, so many things. It is strange to talk and feel the weight of my lips and tongue! Dizzy too - would fail any sobriety test Twitter

I love that song too...and I have been a Bowie fan since I was very young. I agree...what better place to perform that song but in (real outer space)...I am thinking that must have been a creative awesome moment for him!

I think that Chris Hadfield has many talents! I found out today that he is 53...he looks a lot younger...at least to me. I am just wondering if this was he last space flight.

new topics

top topics

join