It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elisa Lam's autopsy report to be announced this week: Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I would have thought that the coroner had access to Lam's previous medical history at the time of the autopsy. Since it is plain that one cannot infer bi polar disorder by physical remains alone, it is reasonable to assume that the coroner added that detail to ensure that a complete picture of the deceased parties health status was available to the reader.

Her bi polar condition cannot single handedly account for her presence on the roof , or indeed the water tank, so I remain quite baffled, and believe more must be done to shed light on this situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

TrueBrit

I would have thought that the coroner had access to Lam's previous medical history at the time of the autopsy. Since it is plain that one cannot infer bi polar disorder by physical remains alone, it is reasonable to assume that the coroner added that detail to ensure that a complete picture of the deceased parties health status was available to the reader.

Her bi polar condition cannot single handedly account for her presence on the roof , or indeed the water tank, so I remain quite baffled, and believe more must be done to shed light on this situation.

I, too, remain baffled. While I agree one cannot simply infer bi polar disorder without access to a person's medical history, a statement by her father following the coroner's accidental-death ruling makes this aspect of the ruling more puzzling:

In response to the reports Lam was allegedly suffering from bipolar disorder, her father replied he believed she was a smart and clever girl who could not have been suffering from any mental disorder.

The article, found here Autopsy report disappoints Elisa Lam's family, then says:

The Los Angeles coroner's autopsy report ruled Lam's death an accidental drowning since no scar, toxicant or medicine could be traced on or in her body. Local police suspected her alleged bipolar personality disorder had contributed to the tragic event.

From where did local police draw these suspicions of an alleged personality disorder? Are they basing their claim on the viral elevator video without saying so? I hope not because that would be out of line, in my opinion. Hard to say where the truth is hiding in this case, only that the facts are still up for speculation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Agreed. My sarcasm was based on the fact that I would have far preferred to see an official report or explanation as to how she got through a locked, alarmed door to gain access to the roof, and further how the hell did she get herself in the water tank. And was it really sealed such that they had to cut it open?

Are those facts correct? If so, I'm speechless that they remain un-addressed by the investigators...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Sounds like schizophrenia if anything. Definitely not Bi-polar disorder. Wth? Where did they get this garbage from? I'm with most of you guys this just smells. Her parents would obviously know if she had a mental disorder. Bi-polar disorder usually shows up early on. Its Schizophrenia that shows up when you're 18+. Not to mention it is IMPOSSIBLE to do an autopsy for Bi-polar disorder. Did they find drugs in her system and just assume this?

This case just keeps getting weirder, it's like we will never have answers.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: he drinks fluoride

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The information I've read was she was bipolar.Nothing more. This case is crazy!!!! When she enters the elevator.... its as if shes playing hide and seek. She doesn't seem "terrified" or scared for her life. I'm speechless. Nothing but love and peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Memenquay

For the record, that was a total shock.

I am not sure I can believe that bipolar disorder alone could have caused her to even access the tank, let alone seal herself inside in such a manner that she had to be cut out of the thing!

It can't. Bi-polar disorder can manifest Psychosis but Psychosis is a blanket word. Under that blanket per the current DSM was many symptoms. You would instead say this individual is having Psychosis related symptoms. I wish we had a Psychologist on here to talk about this. I know a lot but I don't have a PHD and a PHD would agree that you wouldn't diagnose someone with Psychosis you would diagnose with what the symptom of that Psychosis is.

If she was that depressed from Bi-polar disorder to cause Psychotic symptoms to hallucinate she would be wetting the bed and sleeping all day. She wouldn't be all energetic and running around. In my experience Bi-polar disorder does not even come close to fitting what I saw in the video. As I said maybe Schizophrenia. However this would be the first case of a Schizophrenic getting onto a roof, through an alarm, and into a tank that had to be cut open to remove them.

Again. A TON of unanswered questions. Like they wanted this swept under the rug. I looked into TB and it can cause fever but I don't think someone who is suffering hallucinations due to fever acts this way. If you are floridly Psychotic, which is what it would take for her to do this, you aren't well enough to function. I dunno wth this is I have more questions now then the day it was reported.

Sorry for two posts wanted to reply to this one.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: he had too much fluoride in his lifetime

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I think the roof was probably accessed by way of the fire escape outside the window .I distinctly remember reading a blog or something where someone at the Cecil wanted to go to the roof to see whether there were any good views from there, and used the escape stairs on the side of the building. The windows at that height were not alarmed as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Thanks for the information.
I have never heard of this, I have been in a cave.

That is indeed seemingly anomalous.
I will continue reading and check back with you for more updates.

Thanks agian for the report on the high strangeness.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Did anyone happen to see the new thread posted today - ATS Thread
Newest story is regarding another woman's torso being dumped in the LA water system. I looked up the directions bewteen this new location and Hotel Cecil is only 17 miles away.

If it were my case, I would def investigate further and not dismiss it from being possibly connected to Elisa Lam.

Also could be someone trying to pollute the waterways. As E.Lam and this new case seem to share the same LA Water Education Fundation. If this new corpse turns out to have TB, I will fall off of my chair!

Anyway, Just tweeked my senses.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

harlot7
Did anyone happen to see the new thread posted today - ATS Thread
Newest story is regarding another woman's torso being dumped in the LA water system. I looked up the directions bewteen this new location and Hotel Cecil is only 17 miles away.

If it were my case, I would def investigate further and not dismiss it from being possibly connected to Elisa Lam.

Also could be someone trying to pollute the waterways. As E.Lam and this new case seem to share the same LA Water Education Fundation. If this new corpse turns out to have TB, I will fall off of my chair!

Anyway, Just tweeked my senses.

Nice!!! I was curious about the distance between the two crimes. 17 miles? At first I didn't believe they were connected, but now? Curious case indeed.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Hey catfishjoe- saw you over on that thread. Yeah, too close for comfort for me. Could be a copy cat murder spread via word of mouth travelling the streets about what had happend. But weird nonetheless!

Now I will be back down this rabbit hole again for the next few weeks. I will get nowhere, with no solid answers, but I still hope....

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

There are still WAY too many unanswered questions to call this an accident, but there was an alternative route to the roof that did not include locked doors and alarms via the fire escape.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm a little creeped out by how quiet this case has gotten...

Been following it for a while now. Does anyone have any news since the coroners gave their assessment?

What I really want to know is - what she was doing in a crummy part of town in the first place?

p.s. this is my first ever post on this forum

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dfoxxx

There has been no word that I have heard for a while, other than the frankly sparse, and deeply questionable coroners report. I fail to understand how the accidental death report came about. To be honest, I would love to have a word with the coroner and go over their findings with them. Of course, not being a resident of the nation in which it happened, and having no legal right to do so even if I was, that's not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
One more thing I'd like to add in case you haven't heard...

Elisa's parents deny her having any mental condition whatsoever. Not ruling out the possibility that she could have hid her mental condition from them, but it still seems strange.

here is the article
edit on 21-11-2013 by dfoxxx because: misspelled something

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

dfoxxx
One more thing I'd like to add in case you haven't heard...

Elisa's parents deny her having any mental condition whatsoever. Not ruling out the possibility that she could have hid her mental condition from them, but it still seems strange.

here is the article
edit on 21-11-2013 by dfoxxx because: misspelled something

You are now a member of the club. We all find the silence deafening. Nothing new whatsoever. Welcome to the small group of frustrated ATS members who have diligently searched for new information on this case over the last six months, only to find a handful of blog postings regurgitating all the old and unsubstantiated details ever made available.

At this point, the most informative piece of information in existence is the civil lawsuit filed by Elisa Lam's parents against the Cecil Hotel for wrongful death. But this document has yet to be leaked. The scant news reports made about the civil suit were standard in that the reporters clearly had not obtained a copy of the suit but were only made aware that a suit was filed.

I emailed three local reporters in LA who have written of the Elisa Lam case in the past year. Not one of them responded. When I requested the second autopsy and toxicology reports from the LA County Sheriff's Office, I did receive a reply several months later telling me, simply, that the Coroner holds these records. I attempted to search the LA clerk's official public civil-records database, but found basic search results come at a high cost that I can't afford at this time.

Having said the above, I do think I could personally do more than I have to actively seek out additional information on this case from the authorities. At the same time,however, I have trouble believing local reporters in LA who have a working relationship with these specific law-enforcement agencies have not already attempted the very same basic methods I know of to obtain official court documents. If I receive a response in the future from anyone who knows or can report something we don't already know, you all will be the first to know. DAGNABBIT IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Thanks for the......err.....update? Keep up the good work. Any theories?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dfoxxx

drfoxxx, I would like to thank you for bringing the article refuting the bi-polar diagnosis, to the attention of the membership. I had no idea that this development had come about.

If the young lady was not suffering from a psychological malfunction, and toxicological testing revealed nothing, then her behavior has yet to be explained, and indeed, finding out the truth of that particular matter is a point on which the entire case rests.

I would also point out, that since Lam's father has stated that she had no prior history of psychological maladjustment, her actions can only be explained by a very small number of things. A blow to the head (of which there was no sign at autopsy), or a toxin of some sort (evidence of which was absent upon examination). However, it is worth considering that there are a fair few chemicals which act fast, and disperse quickly, and the body was in water for quite some time before discovery.

However... no matter whether Lam was keeping her psychological state from her parents, or whether a fast acting toxin was administered to the victim, there is still no reasonable insight yet into HOW she ended up in that damned water tank, and until such insight comes our way, there will be a massive hole in this story.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Thanks for the......err.....update?

Right?
I feel like all we've been doing for the last six months is updating each other on the fact that there are no new updates and reminding one another that we have still not forgotten the Elisa Lam case.

Nothing wrong with theorizing but I hate to theorize when so many facts are up in the air. Dammit I just want to know everything that can possibly be known about what happened!

I guess in my personal opinion, for what it's worth, which is little at this point, the issue people seem to have about how Elisa Lam could have gained access to the roof without causing alarm has already been cleared up. She crawled out a window at the end of one of the hotel's hallways and either climbed or was carried up the adjacent fire escape to the roof. If the ladder that is seen in crime scene photographs and used by an investigator to climb up and look into the cistern, as depicted in the photos, was there the night Lisa disappeared, she or someone else used it to get her to the top of the cistern. If the ladder was something brought by investigators later, Elisa or someone else involved got to the top of the cistern by jumping down from the roof of the adjacent storage unit, which was also ladder-accessible. So to me, how she got up there is a non issue.

It is still unclear whether the small opening on top of the cistern was locked or unlocked, but given the hotel's reputation and condition, I don't think it's much of a leap to say it was probably unlocked. So that's no mystery to me either. Also, I think Elisa was definitely small enough to fit into the small opening. After her body was found, they had to remove part of the side of the cistern to get her out because a dead body in no way weighs the same or bends the same as a live body and pulling her out of the hole, if it were possible would have obviously threatened the ability to obtain all possible forensic evidence still on her body.

The whole story about the TB outbreak in that area and how the vaccine for TB is reportedly Lam's name backward, while strange and weird, does not interest me or contribute in any way to my curiosity about how this girl died.

The elements about the Elisa Lam investigation that I am truly puzzled by and cannot theorize on are first and foremost Lam's behavior in the elevator, coupled with the official evidence already reported stating that Lam had absolutely no drugs in her system and was never prescribed any drugs by a doctor. When considering Lam's parents' public statement that Lam was never diagnosed or treated for mental illness and no drugs were in her system, the law-enforcement's speculation that Lam drowned herself in the midst of a bipolar episode is so far beyond suspect to me!

To me, in an effort to theorize here, it looks like when the police, who originally released the video of a missing person they said had disappeared under "highly suspicious circumstances," finally found Lam's body, they turned around and made up a story they thought the public could easily swallow to end what was intense public scrutiny at the time. It literally appears, to me, that law-enforcement investigators, diagnosed Lam with a mental illness based solely on the 3 minute video and nothing more. You can't diagnose a person with a mental illness by watching a three minute video, but it seems as if that's exactly what they did. To make this even worse, they blamed the mental illness they diagnosed her with for her death. This is the most suspect issue to me that needs to be addressed publicly.

Other than this issue, I would just like to know the other pertinent facts of the case that the investigators are withholding, such as: Did she or did she not have clothes on her body when she was found? Is there any record whatsoever of someone seeing her with anyone else at all and what on earth did her phone records indicate? Did she or her parents have any traceable knowledge of the Cecil Hotel and the area of skid row prior to her stay, or did she perhaps look for the first hotel she could find to get off the street after she got off a bus in skid row? Really, truly, what was the deal with the freaking elevator? Did it normally operate in such erratic fashion or not? All efforts made so far by anyone who knows or could know answers to any of these glaring questions have proven to be unsuccessful.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This case is very deep into evil. I am not going to go into too many details unless I'm asked to. I will tell you this. Elisa Lam was lured to L.A. through Facebook by U.S. soldiers serving in South Korea or someone who knows these soldiers. If you recall there was a Facebook page up for a day or two on or around February 17, 2013 with the name Lam Elisa. Elisa had not yet been found in the water tank. On that page Elisa Lam was listed as having "friended" that page. There was a photo of a person named "Richard" dressed as a devil complete with horns. Also there were links to the Facebook pages of the 4 U.S. soldiers. There was also a link on the Lam Elisa Facebook page to "The Cecil Secret Project" on Vimeo. When this first happened I had screen captures of the Facebook pages. I have since switched browsers from Chrome to Firefox, and deleted tons of stuff in hopes of getting better performance on my pc. I had been talking to another member here about this case and found that I still had the link to the Vimeo videos. I sent them to this person, and I think he/she was so freaked out, I never heard from them again. I wish I had saved the Facebook screen capture because this case is definitely tied to satanic people, and of course people will say I'm making this up. I will also state that there were people there in the elevator tormenting Elisa. She could not see them. They were invisible! Crazy you say? Not really because the killers are in the military. I can explain it, but it will take time and an open mind. If any one is interested you can ask about it here or PM me, and I'll put it together for you. Now watch these 3 very creepy Vimeo videos that were linked from the Lam Elisa Facebook page on February 17, 2013 and you'll see that these killers are most likely satanic devil worshippers. I believe they are involved with snuff films. If anyone recognizes the locale of this bridge in the video please let us know. WARNING VIDEOS ARE CREEPY! They are also of a most crappy quality, probably a cheap camera phone.
vimeo.com...
vimeo.com...
vimeo.com...

edit on 22-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: Facebook screen capture

edit on 22-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: v

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join