It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've found a wormhole key...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The scenario:

- You've found a wormhole key.

- You subsequently realize that the wormhole key allows you to open wormholes on demand and transports you to the same planet every time (and can subsequently transport back to Earth too).

- This planet is packed with highly futuristic cities and tech.

- There's a catch - the futuristic cities are completely empty and it looks amazingly brand new, like nobody's ever lived there. There is also absolutely no spacecraft or space tech - but telescopes and observatories and satellites are abound.

What do you do? Live in the city and whiz back and forth to Earth and try to make billions (or trillions) on Earth by selling advanced tech?

Or do you investigate (e.g. find "newspapers", news etc etc) and see what this planet is all about, where it is in the universe and the mystery that surrounds it?

Or would you do other things?

Thoughts?

P.S.

I do hope I'm allowed to keep making lots of threads (sorry if it annoys the hell outta you!
) - it's just that my right brain just can't stop coming up with lots of storylines - I really think I should start writing novels...

edit on 5/13/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I burn it.

I burn it all!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Now why in goodness' name would you do that??

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
what is with all these scenarios that you post lately like iron man, this one, the superheros that are for hire or whatever, ect..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Because you can't eat it? OR CAN YOU?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Hopechest

Now why in goodness' name would you do that??

Because its there and nobody is there to arrest me.

Destroy it since apparently something evil is going on and God sent me there on purpose to deal with it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'll give you a hint Knowledge is key. So the first thing anyone with any intelligence should do is learn all they can. Then what they learn will tell them what they have to do.
edit on 13-5-2013 by QuantumCounterfeit64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Oh, shoot - he's onto us guys!

*runs frantically out of the interwebs*

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Making money would be the last thought that would cross my mind.

I'd try to absorb as much information as possible before deciding what to do next. And I wouldn't know what to do next until I had that information.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Exactly you could find out your still in the same universe/dimension as earth. Just a different area. Realize that what happened there could easily happen back home. You could potentially be a intergalactic hero! What good would all the money be if there was no one to be rich around? That's why knowledge is key. But wow think of the money lol.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That's a cool thought.

I guess I would need more details. I am not sure if any human alive would know what the entrance of a wormhole even looked like. Then go into it?

I thought about being a thief and hiding the loot and myself where no one would find me but it's not a great idea. I already have whole 'nother world to myself. What's left to steal?

I guess you could be like Noah and take all the endangered critters with you to flourish on the new planet. Of course this is assuming they could live there and there were no resident critters.

Maybe charge a zillion dollars for tourists. Charge a zillion dollars for colonists or let the colonists come for free. Maybe take Congress on a fact finding trip and leave them there

How about the new world is really Hell. And when you come back, you bring something evil back with you. It was all an elaborate ruse to destroy our world.

I could start a breeding colony of bikini models...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCounterfeit64

Excellent two posts in this thread, chap!

Money would be least on my mind - but if, hypothetically, some sort of "wormhole key" were to be on Earth and subsequently found itself in the hands of some low-life, it wouldn't be great. One would just hope that it would fall into the hands of a moral, thoughtful, intelligent and good person - one person whose first thought would be to think of how he can help the world's poorest advance (for why would he want to aid wealthy people - why would he help Europe or America first before helping the world's poorest, like in Africa and some parts of Asia.)

Indeed, profit would be the last thing on one's mind. The mere fact that a "wormhole key" even exists, let alone actually works is ground-breaking and a grand paradigm shift, not to mention what one finds on the other side!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i would collect every specie of all its kids and take them to that world and enjoy it for the rest of my life, knowing that all creations would live on even after im gone and NO one would even harm them.
that would be my move
HUMANS ARE CANCER, slowly but at a rapid pace we will destroy everything.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

Interesting. Did you mean "all species of young animals and insects etc" or what did you mean by "kids"?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ANIMALS PLANTS FISH INSECTS EVERYTHING BUT HUMAN
to maybe help the helpless against the human race

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

First of all, there is a writers forum on this site, and I am sure your inspirations would go down well in that area.

Also, loving this concept.

Upon realising the import of my discovery I would no doubt return home with the intention of equiping myself with documentary making gear. Camera, notebooks, probably a laptop and an independant powersource, pen, torch, sample containers, sterile cotton swabs, a magifying glass, that kind of thing.

I would then return to the new location, and set about investigating the place. I would be looking for signs of previous habitation, assessing the level of decomposition in any hastily abandoned foodstuffs, the technological advancement level of the previous residents, trying to figure out from the way thier architecture and furniture was arranged, what kind of physical characteristics the occupants of the buildings might have had.

I would also look for areas which were not urban, because the flora and fauna of the planet would likely give me a better read on the ecological status of the planet, and therefore an understanding of what has been happening on it. I would probably have to have a radiation detector on me somewhere, in order to ensure that the reason I havent met any other lifeforms has nothing to do with a possible fallout scenario. I would also be looking for evidence of electrical flow around the city area, and tracing it back to hubs and substations, and attempting to work out where other cities might be.

I would in short, be Indiana Jones-ing it up like a badass.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
1. Recruit a harem on earth
2. Transport harem to wormhole planet
3. Populate my new kingdom

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why not do both? Profit from it, AND investigate it? One thing does not preclude the other.

Of course, I'd likely steal stuff, use my key to get around, and store my ill-gotten goods in the other city until the heat died down...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I would start searching out resources: food, water, medicines, etc. If there were plenty of resources to sustain a society I would start selling apartments to people who were willing to make a new start. I would form a new type of government where decisions are made by majority vote of the population ONLY without all of the twists and turns in our current governmental systems. There would be a plethora of details to work out, but I think a fresh start is something a lot of folks would be willing to jump on board with.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You should read up on the perils of a TRUE democracy... Oh, it sounds good in theory, but one of the major pitfalls is voter apathy. How many people do you think vote, even in a MAJOR election? If I recall right, I think it was about 57% last time, which was about average.

Then, you have to consider, ok, who ARE those 57%?

In 2012, did you know that a whopping 72% of that 57 were white? (only 12% black and 10% hispanic) Also, the majority (47%) of those voters lived in suburbs, not major cities.

So, in a complete democracy, you may find that the voter turnout does NOT accurately reflect the population makeup, which could make for some VERY skewed laws. (for example, unemployed folks may be more apt to vote, than someone trying to fit it in a busy schedule).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join