It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

You are mixing things up. Humans didn't evolve from ancient chimps. Chimps and humans came from the same ancestor. It's a big difference. You could call it an ape-like ancestor, but to say ancient Chimp is misleading. Humans didn't come from chimps and chimps didn't come from humans. They both came from something else.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

You don't see intelligence as linear despite us having IQ tests that can determine how intelligent somebody is. That is a number. IQ exists, even though it's difficult to determine on less intelligent lifeforms, but that shows that it IS quantifiable. It's not JUST brain to body ratio, it's also skull cranial capacity and the complexity of the brain that matters. Brain to body ratio is more for comparing similar organisms. I have already proved that unique traits exist. You can keep denying it with double standards all day long, but that won't prove your case. Isaac Newton argument is irrelevant. Once again, you confuse intellectual ability with intelligent knowledge. They aren't the same. 5 generations argument is irrelevant, as no matter how you slice it, you are taking away the knowledge they have by isolating them from each other, because that is how they pass info down. That would be like isolating humans from our computer systems and books because THAT is how WE pass info down. It's a bad argument that doesn't prove anything except that humans are smarter than chimps, and we already know this. FYI the average IQ of an adult male chimpanzee is around 40. Compared with humans the average is around 100. There are your numbers.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Under the Skin, a novel by Michel Faber deals with this idea. A movie adaption starring Scarlett Johnasson is out this year.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

You don't see intelligence as linear despite us having IQ tests that can determine how intelligent somebody is. That is a number. IQ exists, even though it's difficult to determine on less intelligent lifeforms, but that shows that it IS quantifiable.

The scientific veracity of IQ as a measure of intelligence, human or otherwise, is questionable.

Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns

If you can refute every premise in that document, thus proving once and for all that intelligence can be quantified, and that IQ is a valid and unambiguous measurement of intelligence, then you should publish your findings for review. You would be hailed as a genius!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Aliens do not eat human

They eat Grass

That's the reason why they are so skinny

edit on 26-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest

Aliens do not eat human

They eat Grass

That's the reason why they are so skinny

Well, that explains all the bare patches in my lawn.... and I was blaming the dog.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this today after reading a bit of castenada and what if we already are a food source except they feed on our energy, what if our minds are not ours but implanted? Read this

educate-yourself.org...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

It's still one giant red herring. It doesn't prove anything about evolution or interventionism.

1. You cannot prove that human intelligence is special or immeasurable. Methods of studying it in 94 may not have been perfect for humans, but scientists can make pretty good estimates of a creature's intelligence quotient based on learning ability, social behavior, use of tools, teaching of offspring, problem solving, hunting methods, survival skills, etc etc etc. Countless studies have been done in the last decade alone. You use google scholar, so it shouldn't be a problem finding them. I guess you'll have to debunk every single one of those studies to prove your case. Tons of work has been done with teaching and studying the intelligence of chimpanzees, gorillas, and plenty of other great apes. An IQ of 40 in a human would put them at mentally handicapped status, which is about the equivalent of the average adult male chimp. To act like there's no way to measure intelligence is beyond absurd, I'm sorry. Some article from 94 that dismisses IQ testing based on race of humans and other questionable factors does not prove otherwise. If the claim is that intellectual capability is not quantifiable, then you are essentially claiming we can't tell the difference between a human and a chimp intellectually. The problem is we can tell the difference, and everything you were arguing for before with chimps not being able to pass down complex info is evidence that we can determine it, even if it's an estimate. It's similar to dating fossils. There is always an error margin, but the estimate is accurate within a certain span.

2. Neanderthal, homo erectus and others had comparable brains to modern humans. You continue to ignore this point, but it is true, regardless if they had a technological revolution. Just because no comparable species is still alive, does not mean it hasn't happened. In fact, homo erectus developed his brain separate from humans. Erectus is not our direct ancestor, but like chimps, we share a common ancestor with them down the line, but we both increased our brain size quite a bit within a 500,000 year period, separately from one another. Erectus was around for over a million years, and there is a noticeable difference from the beginning brain size and the most recent samples that put them at 1200 cc, just below the modern human average, but still in the range and comparable to many people today. If they hadn't die out, they would probably be at equal levels to human or more today. Was there a homo erectus intervention as well? Sorry, your claim that human intelligence is a unique trait holds no ground.

3. Pistol claw shrimp ancestor proves unique traits can emerge. Funny how you consider an advanced form of running not unique because other creatures run, yet don't hold the same standards for having a more advanced brain when other creatures think.

4. Even if you could prove that human intelligence is more unique than other creatures (it's just a fallacious appeal), it still proves nothing about humans being engineered. This is why I keep saying red herring. I'd rather get to the meat and potatoes of intervention, than sit around arguing about evolution and semantics about what qualifies as unique.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
reply to post by AussieDingus

You are mixing things up. Humans didn't evolve from ancient chimps. Chimps and humans came from the same ancestor. It's a big difference. You could call it an ape-like ancestor, but to say ancient Chimp is misleading. Humans didn't come from chimps and chimps didn't come from humans. They both came from something else.

Have any bones or skeletons ever been found of this ancestor ? That's not a sarcastic response, its a genuine question. The reason I ask is, if no one has ever seen a skeleton, or verifiable bones then how can it be fact that we came from an ancestor. Theory yes, but not fact. If we both came from something else, then what was the something else. And if no bones or skeletons have been found of the ancestor, then how can it be said that we had a common ancestor ?
If there is proof of this ancestors existence, then is there anywhere I can look into to form my own opinion ?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I downloaded the The.Twilight.Zone after reading this post. As in Session 2, a episode where a alien use people as energi source, love it. Will watch them all now! As for now its the best series i seen.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You write about a concept that I just recently published a science fiction novel about. The novel is called : Heaven's Gate. The plot of the story is related to where your energy goes when you die and what would happen if it didin't get there. In the story a physiscist is able to track energy as it leaves the body at death and discovers that lifes energy goes to a place called Mullen Streams Falls and he uncovers a secret about the origins of life on earth. The secret challenges the traditonal perspective of the purpose of life and what "heaven" might actually be. It is a great action packed read that challenges lots of traditonal assumptions. It will take your discussion about the possibility that humans are "food" for an extraterestial life form to a differerent level. If you interested- check it out on Amazon. The isbn is: 9781482043006.
DLeitch

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
Have any bones or skeletons ever been found of this ancestor ? That's not a sarcastic response, its a genuine question. The reason I ask is, if no one has ever seen a skeleton, or verifiable bones then how can it be fact that we came from an ancestor. Theory yes, but not fact. If we both came from something else, then what was the something else. And if no bones or skeletons have been found of the ancestor, then how can it be said that we had a common ancestor ?
If there is proof of this ancestors existence, then is there anywhere I can look into to form my own opinion ?

Thus far over a dozen species in between modern human and ancient ape have been found.

en.wikipedia.org...

No we haven't found everything, but common ancestry is pretty much a slam dunk, especially when you look into the genetics that confirm the slow changes we see in the fossil record.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
No no no no no but we could be a source of spiritual or creative energy if the race wanted to

1) Harvest our extra creativity.
2) Lease the human race for a while to help replenish their own stores.
3) Actually steal the spiritual sources themselves.

See, creativity (and freedom) is what allows us to create. It allows us to combine different elements into something new, to paint a picture from our mind, etc.

The Solution to the Puzzle

Without this creative energy, trust me, if your window broke, you would not be able to fix it. If you wanted to read something from the library, you would not be able to modify your schedule to go get the book and make the time to read it.

So if an alien race had depleted their spiritual energy, their equipment would start to fail. Okay... one second I was going to start a new thread anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi.

Just today I stumbled on to this Warning The Alien Agenda Revealed

Don't know what to think of this, always skeptical (movie script part was weird),
but again lot's of connections made. Interesting and very grim read either way.
I just had to make a account and post it here to see what ATS thinks of this?

Weird that I didn't find much about it in the web...

Nice Thread!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, and that's why, through our arrogance, we ingest toxic additives and preservatives to make ourselves an unhealthy food choice to any intelligent species, even a not-so-intelligent species..

...We do a good job of consuming each other without the help of a carnivorous alien race, just not literally.

Go outside and play, turn off the TV.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

That's assuming these additives and preservatives aren't some kind of seasonings for our bodies to help them either digest or store us for later. What is poisonous to you isn't to everything else.

For example: I'm not allergic to poison ivy but my wife and kids are.

You don't have to agree with the theory. It's just a theory, I don't claim it to be true but I'm the kind of person who studies all the possibilities of our existence and this happens to be one of those possibilities. Like it or not.

P.S. I don't watch much TV unless its the 'Game of Thrones' and I work outside.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Further ammunition for your argument, clearly...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Normally I do put more "substance" into my post, BUT when I read something so ridiculous I just had to say "No". BTW the second line that I added was because there was NOTHING more I had to add to the post. If you look at most of the things I post they are not just BS, but have "substance". I have been around on ATS for many many years, more than likely before you. So the 2011 comment, means nothing to me, because people have added that "second line" comment for YEARS and YEARS, so if you think it would have been "cool" in 2011, well you are mistaken.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok is it only me, but would culling the heard a few billion be a bad thing? Think about it, no population control needed, food for everyone, and I mean EVERYONE. Humans really should not be living past the age of 50 anyways it is unnatural, so that would work as a good cut off, kind of like Logan's Run, but with dinner plates.

Wait I take that back I'm 53 so lets say 70.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

That's assuming these additives and preservatives aren't some kind of seasonings for our bodies to help them either digest or store us for later. What is poisonous to you isn't to everything else.

For example: I'm not allergic to poison ivy but my wife and kids are.

You don't have to agree with the theory. It's just a theory, I don't claim it to be true but I'm the kind of person who studies all the possibilities of our existence and this happens to be one of those possibilities. Like it or not.

On a serious note, would not an advance race reach the point where they can make food from energy? It seems growing a heard is not very efficient. Unless they want to eat our life essence, or what ever that might be.

Another thing to think about is we are of earth. We share DNA with EVERYTHING living on this planet, even grass. So we are truly of earth and our chemical makeup is the way it is because we evolved using what is common here. Some metals we need to live and some are poisonous, and this is not a accident. We use a very limited range of intake for survival. Our air needs to be just right, and so does our foods. We will not even go down the path of viruses and bacteria that we still have huge issues AND we evolved here. Think of an alien race coming here.

I truly believe that any other earth like planet will be very toxic to us in so many ways that we would need to bring/create our own foods and live a life like bubble boy.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join