It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first post! Mother Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Greens and browns and earth tones. Dreams of girls in summer dresses. My mind wanders to running water, lakes, streams. The vast country I haven’t seen enough of knocks on my door.

“Come find green valleys and tall pines, come swim in me and breathe me in. Come climb me and fall in love with me again.”

I’ve got an Oedipus complex with Mother Nature. She calls to me in my sleep. Her fingers caress my face with a warm Eastern wind. Her laughter is wind blowing through trees.

She pours out her soul to me from brewing thunderheads. I love her passionately, like creepers in a patchwork lattice. Her smile warming me as I rise to greet her. I am her, she will always be me.

Still I ravage her with mechanic precision. I vomit black oil onto her shores crudely. I cough up dirty air into her lungs. An infection with a penchant for destructive behavior. I rape her forests and gag her water ways. Black tar covers her beautiful greens and browns and earth tones.

Her anger is apparent. She releases her temper from mountain tops. Her hate burns red and scorches pathetic attempts at creation. She twirls her fingers and turns us upside down. She screams at upwards of one hundred miles per hour. She cracks the sky in vain, her electricity is her pain.

We deserve her at her worst because we never appreciate her at her best.

Thanks for reading!
edit on 13-5-2013 by denybedoomed because: Post not thread, silly goose

edit on 13-5-2013 by denybedoomed because: Wha?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Wow

Good job. I really enjoyed that. This should go in the short stories forum. Maybe a mod could move it.

Thanks for sharing this. I could see the imagery and feel her anger!

Share more

-nat

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you much, is that the forum to post poetry in? I've got scores more, I was thinking about member art, would that be appropriate?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Short stories forum is where people share poetry or short stories or even graphic novels, it's really neat. And everyone is so nice.

If ya got scores of them, then yes share away friend. I still have a poem I haven't shared yet, I'm just nervous about it.
-nat

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Understandable, you are your own worst critic, but take comments good or bad in stride, I mean you don't really write for anyone else, right? You think posting them on an Internet forum is nerve wracking, try performing them in front of a room full of people, and have it not go over so well. Crushing defeat.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yeah I know. I do believe I will share it. I mean I have shared my others, and yes I write them for me. They are my way to vent out my frustration.
I couldn't imagine standing in front of a crowd saying my poetry. I even get nervous sharing them with my hubby.
~nat

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I got really into spoken word for a while when I was in northern cal. It's pretty cutthroat though. Now if I do find the time to write I try not to take it too seriously. And I'm in a good place in my life which has actually hurt my writing. When I was miserable I think I wrote my best stuff. Now it's all kinda cheesy, hahahaha.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean friend. My best poetry is when I am down. I am down now. So I need to start writing. I am happy, but there is just so much going on deep inside. I wear a mask a lot.
~nat
edit on 13-5-2013 by natalia because: letter was wher it wasnt supposed to be

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I think we all put up a facade in one form or another, but admitting that you wear a mask is more than most will do in their entire lives. Embrace the negative as well as the positive. Get those creative juices flowing. I say inner space is the true final frontier. Dredge out those feelings and use them to your benefit, you control them, not the other way around! It's easy as humans to push those thoughts away or board them up behind the windows of our being.

I mean, who wants to admit that they're insignificant? Or jealous, or materialistic? I Believe a lot of what I call distractionism in this world, especially in the west, is carried on is because you can't control people who believe in themselves, or have come to terms with those dark corners of their very souls. It's easier to just consume, consume, consume. "I don't want to delve into myself, I can just live vicariously through celebrities." Like they don't have problems.

Just look at the magazine rack at the checkout counter, betcha nat geo is on the bottom shelf or not there at all. There's a reason for that.

I think I got off track here, rant terminated.

Happy thoughts!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You are fine saying how you feel friend. I wear a mask cause I do not want to bring others down.
I think I have a poem on here about my mask..meh,,not sure.
I have to be strong, I cannot fall apart, too many people count on me to be the strong one.

Anyway...yeah your right about the magazine rack at the stores. It is sad. I cannot stand it sometimes.

I will be on later. I gotta run do my errands, even though I do not feel well. Placing my mask on now...
~nat
btw to stay on topic. This one you wrote on mother nature is very true and good

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

You can only please others for so long. Sometimes you just have to do for yourself, knowimsayin?

top topics

join