It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some new common sense firearms regulations in Montana.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
******* This was presented to me as being enacted law. I was so excited I posted without doing due diligence and have since determined that the bill died in process. My apologies to the members, and I take back the nice things I said about congress critters.******

We have all heard of recent school districts suspending students for having hunting rifles locked in their vehicles in the parking lot, or for miniature toys. It was obvious to most of us that this was not the intention of the people in the first place, and that "bringing or possessing a firearm on school property" needed to be re-defined. I don't know whether to be proud of the Montana legislature for passing this law, or enraged at the idiots that made it necessary in the first place.

Act

(c) A firearm that is secured in a locked container approved by the district or in a locked motor vehicle 12 the entire time that it is on school grounds or property, except while in use for a school-sanctioned instructional 13 activity, is not considered to have been brought to school or possessed at school.

The kids get to hunt before school again. Thanks to the congress critters who passed this!
edit on 5/9/2013 by Montana because: Updated status on the legislation.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We had a shooting club in my highschool. I went to highschool in a rural area and people had rifles on gun racks in their trucks. Plenty of fistfights occurred in my highschool, but I don't think anyone has ever been shot there.

Kudos to Montana for having some sense. Hunting and target shooting are a long-standing tradition and way of life. Schools and GOVERNMENT should cater to the people they represent instead of arbitrary lawmaking based on the whims of some tyrannical and overgrown federal government.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I kept my shotgun in the trunk during bird season when I was in school. I'd take a ride right after school sometimes if I didn't have to work. I'm glad Montana has some sense and recognizes that guns have a purpose in this country. Why should millions of people be restricted for the crazy actions of a few. Locate the few and get them help.....Don't pump them full of mind altering drugs and say they can now do anything as long as they take their pills. Pills do not help people who's desire is to get even with society and kill others. They only help regulate mood, not make a person have morals.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Now THIS part:

The following are not included in the definition of a firearm: (a) a picture of a firearm; (b) a fractional-sized replica of a firearm such as on a toy soldier, a charm bracelet, a necklace, or a lapel pin; (c) a person imitating the sound of a firearm discharge; and (d) a person forming the person's hand into the shape of a firearm.

I am downright EMBARRASSED that this needs to be encoded in a law. If you are a school administrator or teacher and are considering expelling a student for any of these, just get out of my country. Now.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Now for the bad news, everyone......

While continuing to peruse the legislative website I found more information about the status of this bill.

Apr 24, 2013 in the House- Bill Died in Process

False alarm! Turns out there really isn't anyone who can think alive in Helena.

I feel dirty,,,,

top topics

join