It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Education therapy for conspiracy theorist's?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Am i seeing this right? A judge ordered Lauryn Hill to undergo therapy for her conspiracy theory beliefs?

edit on Wed May 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like she's broken. They will have to recondition her to be a mindless fool and they can then return her back to success again. What do you expect, you sign a pact with *______ when you join into this kind of thing.
*(Please insert your desired entity).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

I flagged this, sorry one thing I am not is forum/computer savvy, so I'm hoping flag is same thing as bump, keep on top, etc.

I was just about to post this ans was looking for how to post new topics here and saw this, YES she was ordered RE Education,

For her conspiracy theories. I just got word of it from another activist friend of mine, it appears Ms Hill owed taxes to IRS, and what is sickening, as part of her punishment her political views are under attack. She from what I've ad thus far, has accused the music industry of being a slave type plot with military/big gov backing, etc., now,

What stands out, is if she owed taxes then i could see her beng arrested and having to pay those taxes, that's pretty standard. I don't know a lot about if she did owe taxes, etc., but now what her Views have to Do with taxes, that's another matter entirely,

The judge yes says RE Education. THAT'S what stands out glaringly...so basically, it's not just if you break the law anymore, oh no, NOW it's you had better THINK like they want you to or else they'll remold your brain,

And THAT'S Orwellian totalitarianism, and if Anything, it PROVES what SHE says is Right. IF it wasn't they would just laugh it off and throw her in the can and say pay up...but no, they want her to shut up,

So, what is she Saying that the Fascists don't want the public to Hear???

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

And soon she will pump out a #1 hit that we haven't seen from her in oh so long.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I admit I did not watch more than the first 30 seconds of the video, because I was hoping for some mainstream news segment about this incident, or at least something to that effect.

So is there any alternative news source to this, other than some dude claiming it in some yt video ?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can't believe all the gullibility in this thread. it's a publicity stunt to drawl in attention and then pump something out.

No re-education needed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is wild, ironic that her only studio album is called The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill..

Originally posted by ThreeBears
reply to post by trig_grl

So, what is she Saying that the Fascists don't want the public to Hear???

She's pretty outspoken at times, as a 'conspiracy theorist' you gotta love this song:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't think she's getting counseling for normal conspiracy beliefs as suggested by the InfoWars video. (I understand that InfoWars is a little suspect around here.)

From a New York Times article:

Shortly after her arrest last year, Ms. Hill said in a blog post she had dropped out of the music business to shield herself and her children from society, and she portrayed her decision to stop paying taxes as part of that effort. “I did whatever needed to be done in order to insulate my family from the climate of hostility, false entitlement, manipulation, racial prejudice, sexism and ageism that I was surrounded by,” she wrote.
artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com...
You can't succeed in the Music industry as a woman or a Black?

During her trial, Hill claimed she is still forced to live under the pernicious economic hierarchy imposed by the slave trade.

She told the court: "I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them. I had an economic system imposed on me."

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
She failed to pay her taxes because of slavery?

Hill wrote. "I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival."

She also said she hadn't paid taxes since she withdrew from society to guarantee her family's safety but that she always intended to rectify the situation.

www.dailyherald.com...
So she accidentaly abandoned her responsibility to pay taxes?. She decided to withdraw from society?

I'm sorry, but counselling would only be doing her a favor. This is not about politics, it's about stopping severe mental illness early.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It seems Hill is not the only one who sees multitudes of drones being pumped out of the "music" industry.

Seems I agree.

+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Mental Illness? So she wants to be a free women on the land, and that is considered mentally ill?

All of us have the right to say no to the system at any time in our lives, you don't have to pay taxes if you don't want to, you don't have to register your OWN car to a corporation that will take it away from you, i mean, she is spot on about a lot of things, and calling it a mental illness is just out right silly.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I don't think she's getting counseling for normal conspiracy beliefs as suggested by the InfoWars video. (I understand that InfoWars is a little suspect around here.)

From a New York Times article:

Shortly after her arrest last year, Ms. Hill said in a blog post she had dropped out of the music business to shield herself and her children from society, and she portrayed her decision to stop paying taxes as part of that effort. “I did whatever needed to be done in order to insulate my family from the climate of hostility, false entitlement, manipulation, racial prejudice, sexism and ageism that I was surrounded by,” she wrote.
artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com...
You can't succeed in the Music industry as a woman or a Black?

During her trial, Hill claimed she is still forced to live under the pernicious economic hierarchy imposed by the slave trade.

She told the court: "I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them. I had an economic system imposed on me."

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
She failed to pay her taxes because of slavery?

Hill wrote. "I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival."

She also said she hadn't paid taxes since she withdrew from society to guarantee her family's safety but that she always intended to rectify the situation.

www.dailyherald.com...
So she accidentaly abandoned her responsibility to pay taxes?. She decided to withdraw from society?

I'm sorry, but counselling would only be doing her a favor. This is not about politics, it's about stopping severe mental illness early.

This is blatant thought crime. The state is "helping" her see the world the right way.
Its loving that the state is coercing...er....counseling her on her criminal terroristic beliefs.
She is having illegal thoughts and is not paying her cut to the federal reserve cartel.

She has to be punished for thinking illegal thoughts.

Praise lenin!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Dear XaniMatriX,

Interesting point, although I'd argue with it.

you don't have to pay taxes if you don't want to, you don't have to register your OWN car to a corporation that will take it away from you,
Perhaps you're right, it may not be mental illness. But if she really believes those things she is either unbalanced or amazingly uninformed. Perhaps she should be educated first, and if that doesn't bring her around, only then should we consider mental illness as the problem.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Dear XaniMatriX,

Interesting point, although I'd argue with it.

you don't have to pay taxes if you don't want to, you don't have to register your OWN car to a corporation that will take it away from you,
Perhaps you're right, it may not be mental illness. But if she really believes those things she is either unbalanced or amazingly uninformed. Perhaps she should be educated first, and if that doesn't bring her around, only then should we consider mental illness as the problem.

With respect,
Charles1952

Educated in what exactly? and bring her around to what?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

you don't have to pay taxes if you don't want to,

Of course you don't. I just don't want those that don't pay taxes to complain when the tax man comes (and blame it on slavery) and they shouldn't be allowed to partake in those things that tax money pays for.

you don't have to register your OWN car to a corporation that will take it away from you

I suppose you mean the government. Again, no you don't have to. But when you get slammed with a fine, don't complain.

Living in a society means that there are certain rules that have to be followed. There are punishments that go with not following said rules. We all just can't make up things as we go along if we want to have a cohesive, efficient society.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

you don't have to pay taxes if you don't want to,

Of course you don't. I just don't want those that don't pay taxes to complain when the tax man comes (and blame it on slavery) and they shouldn't be allowed to partake in those things that tax money pays for.

you don't have to register your OWN car to a corporation that will take it away from you

I suppose you mean the government. Again, no you don't have to. But when you get slammed with a fine, don't complain.

Living in a society means that there are certain rules that have to be followed. There are punishments that go with not following said rules. We all just can't make up things as we go along if we want to have a cohesive, efficient society.

You know, i have respect for the LAW, but not insane policies. I also understand the law, which is don't harm anyone, period, that means don't steal, kill, (well actually it's all stealing if you think about it), so don't steal.

But paying taxes is not a rule, it's not even a law, it's a policy that is enforced by policy enforcers aka Police officers. There is a big difference between what is law and policies, policies are suggestions, that's it, that mean's we can say no at any given moment, but it is forced on you to say yes to them (by intimidation, like going to jail ect ect), which is unlawful.

And no one here is complaining, it's just all of us lost our balls to stand up for one another when it comes to tyranny, i mean, there are like 25 000 things that are illegal in federal law, for example, owning, transporting, buying, selling, exporting and importing a lobster of a certain size is ILLEGAL. they don't specify the size, but just in case you know the law in the court room, they can always say "HEY, i saw you eat a lobster yesterday, your a criminal!!!"

So everything she is singing about, and talking about, is completely correct, we have been bound into a contract without even being aware of it, and people like you protect those illegal contracts.

Now everything that you precious taxes pay for, most of it goes into developing weapons of mass destruction, so no one, not even you partakes in those activities.

(Also, the government is a Corporation, so is the country like Canada, U.K, U.S.A ect ect)
edit on 8-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX and John_Rodger_Cornman

Gentlemen,

Is it asking too much that she be punished for breaking laws which have been upheld numerous times in our courts, even the Supreme Court, against Soverign Citizen challenges? I understand that some people don't like to pay taxes (who does?) but there it is.

But then to say she didn't pay them because of slavery, or that she is not subject to American laws, or that the music industry is "mean," indicates a disturbed or woefully uninformed mind.

Her jail time is lenient because of her circumstances.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by XaniMatriX and John_Rodger_Cornman

Gentlemen,

Is it asking too much that she be punished for breaking laws which have been upheld numerous times in our courts, even the Supreme Court, against Soverign Citizen challenges? I understand that some people don't like to pay taxes (who does?) but there it is.

But then to say she didn't pay them because of slavery, or that she is not subject to American laws, or that the music industry is "mean," indicates a disturbed or woefully uninformed mind.

Her jail time is lenient because of her circumstances.

With respect,
Charles1952

Well how about we arrest the people that work in these Supreme courts for going against human rights, and supporting the people that do the same thing?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what her crime was? How did this judge have any jurisdiction it authority over her?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Now yer onto something!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Such absolute nonsense! Any time anyone, especially some high profile or a celebrity, spouts so-called "conspiracy theories" The Powers That Be do their best to make said person out to look crazy. They've been doing it since they realized it was easier to turn people off of a truth-speaker by calling them crazy than it is to kill them and make them a martyr for the cause.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join