It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China now flexing in Mid east issues, just the beginning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
China now flexing in Mid east issues, just the start of things to come? Are we looking at the first signs of the 200 mil man army that is to come to the Mid east. Is Israel to stand alone?
www3.nhk.or.jp... form the link

China hopes to mediate in Middle East peace talks

Chinese President Xi Jinping says the key to peace in the Middle East is to create an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.

He made the comment to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Beijing, according to China's state-run Xinhua news agency.

Xi agreed to a request from Abbas for China to take a greater role in reviving the stalled Middle East peace talks.

He also said Israel should cease settlement activity in occupied territories and withdraw from the West Bank and East Jerusalem, which Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East War.

China is also hosting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry says it will help set up a meeting between the leaders if they request it.

China is apparently aiming to increase its influence over Middle Eastern nations that supply much of its energy.

But Israel is likely to take a cautious response to China's involvement in the peace talks, which the United States is mediating.

May 6, 2013 - Updated 23:34 UTC
Beware of the kings of the East, for they seek total control.

edit on 7-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We did not know in years past what would bring the Kings of the East into the Mideast, but now we do, since China has turned from the bicycle to the automobile: OIL. China must have it, and there it is in the Mideast. China has NO choice but to go in and try to take it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have an idea:
Let them have it.

The Middle East has done nothing but mire us down and cost us money for the benefit of giant oil companies that could care less about us.

We should learn to do without oil that we can't produce ourselves, and we should do so quickly. Solar and wind, bio-fuels from non-food sources, etc. I know it's coming along, but too slowly. Let's get this done already.

What can the world do to hurt us, once we don't need them?

What better way to show we're still ahead of China, than to give them responsibility over a region where we've had enough? Call the Middle East our cast-off, and let China play in the sand.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Let me get this right…..
China is trying to claim any land they even think they can get a hold of, let alone rightfully claim as their own.

Yet they tell another country that conquered land fairly and squarely in a fully declared war that they have to back off their claim to ownership.

Let me look outside to see if I can see any flying pigs…..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackTiger

Well said. We should pass the 'hot potato' to China and let them deal with the craziness for awhile. Who knows maybe they'll find a solution we sure haven't solved a damn thing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have an idea:
Let them have it.

But then they will have alll the stuuufff (insert whiny sounds)...

Asking the really wealthy people to give up anything is impossible. Thats how they got it all in the first place. They aren't the giving type.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Just like the cheap products they panhandle across the world there word is worth nothing. They are a fake empire.

Smoke and mirrors. They are on the verge of collapsing from the inside out.
edit on 7-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Israel vs. A 200 Million man army??? Israel better start brushing on it's mandarin, lol.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
oh yes lets let them China take the Mid East and the oil , $3.50 a gal of gas here,now but just think 7 to $10 if China does take it, for they will take it all,

But then is that not worth the price of not having to deal with the Mid east any more? no Iran no Israel No Syria,Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, no west bank all under the flag of China, then why have them stop there Saudi Arabia the off to Africa to take the diamond market, and have the wild life there as main cores dinners for $1000 a plate in NY of SF restaurants yum yum Zebra Stake.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Like what's really going on? Palestinian visit sparks also visit from Netanyahu. What? My guess is a visit to China by Abbas prompted one from Israeli PM. Or secret talks have been arranged. Even though "they say" none are planned.

I know, Its CNN

Wouldn't that be a kick? China has money you know... unlike US.

Edit: Anyway heres a bunch of stuff on it...

Chinas new role?
edit on 7-5-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It won`t make a blind bit of difference to the U.S., `cos your already owned by China.
As for Israel and benny yahoo in paticular, he is in China for 5 days of "trade talks" lolol. Next time we see Benny he will look 10 years older and will disappear real soon after that. China has had enough of this #.
Enter the sleeping giant, no amount of "Call of Duty" retoric will stop her.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Like what's really going on? Palestinian visit sparks also visit from Netanyahu. What? My guess is a visit to China by Abbas prompted one from Israeli PM. Or secret talks have been arranged. Even though "they say" none are planned.

I know, Its CNN

They have money you say.......
. They have to grow at 10% just to keep up. They will dissolve from the inside out in the next 10 years. Mark my words.

What they really have is smoke and mirrors nothing more. China has some very tough times ahead and I would be surprised if they did not break apart into smaller countries when it is all said and done.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

I know, Its CNN

. They have to grow at 10% just to keep up. They will dissolve from the inside out in the next 10 years. Mark my words.

What they really have is smoke and mirrors nothing more. China has some very tough times ahead and I would be surprised if they did not break apart into smaller countries when it is all said and done.

I agree.

But damn... I do like me some eggrolls and General Tso's Chicken.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

The people and the food will survive but the communist progressive dream will fall into the dustbin of history. How do I know this?

The past will show us the future and this progressive utopia is nothing more then a lie. When you put the rights of the masses over the rights of the individual it will always fail. It will not work and no amount of rainbow farting leprechauns can change this simple fact.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I know, Its CNN

I hate projections. But as long as that is what you are doing... the projections have us hanging by our own rope, not them.

China growth vs. US growth (graphs)

So, what are they doing there? You know its about money, what are they going to ask China for otherwise?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Let me get this right…..
China is trying to claim any land they even think they can get a hold of, let alone rightfully claim as their own.

Yet they tell another country that conquered land fairly and squarely in a fully declared war that they have to back off their claim to ownership.

Let me look outside to see if I can see any flying pigs…..

good point. kinda makes me wonder if China is looking to score "brownie points" to use in furthering their illegal territorial claims.

in all seriousness how can anyone trust a county to help settle "territorial disputes", when at the same time THEY are in the middle of their own "territorial disputes", with multiple countries. in some cases their claim is based of "it's called the South China sea therefore we OWN it". or "we owned it hundreds of years ago and therefore it is ours, look at our ancient manuscripts, see we own it".

according to wikipedia China is listed as involved in 16 disputes over territory.
en.wikipedia.org... makes them a real good candidate to mediate territorial disputes doesn't it?
not only do they dispute territory, they do everything they can to intimidate the other countries involved like having warships illegally in waters where the other side has possession of it.

before they should even THINK about "mediating" in a territorial dispute don't you think they should back off on their own intimidation of those they are in disputes with and peacefully settling them?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It would be nice to see what China has to say about the "war of terror"....err war on terror...
Maybe they will reign in the "master race" and solve the problem in the sand box.
I guess the zionist crap does not work too well on the Chinese, not too many braiwashed christian or jew Chinese.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I know, Its CNN

China is missing one key ingredient and that is freedom. The people will tear down that wall mark my words. And US will still stand.

I hate projections. But as long as that is what you are doing... the projections have us hanging by our own rope, not them.

China growth vs. US growth (graphs)

So, what are they doing there? You know its about money, what are they going to ask China for otherwise?
\

Delete
edit on 7-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
thanks to all that posted so far Good reply's by all enjoyed the reading thus far keep it coming, China is not the only the one for i did find a link that links China and Russia together will be back to post it, China does nothing that does not have a gain for China DPRK or the Mid East. and the US will fall for a trap set by China, so to will Russia, wait and see.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ok I am back this is from presstv and it is old news but if you did not read ti or know it then it is new news here is linky www.presstv.ir... from the link

Chinese President Xi Jinping (L) shakes hands with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in Moscow on March 23, 2013.
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:32PM GMT

By Hassan Beheshtipour

Chinese President Xi Jinping started his first foreign tour with a three-day state visit to Russia on March 23, just nine days after he took office.

On Friday, the two countries signed a set of agreements on a further promotion and development of cooperation in the energy and banking sectors.

The documents, signed with the presence of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Xi, are aimed at broadening cooperation in the energy sector and in the construction process of a petroleum treatment facility and a petrochemical plant in China’s Tianjin metropolitan area.

Chinese and Russian companies have also agreed to invest $2 billion in eastern Siberia to develop coal mines.

For the third year in a row in 2012, China remained Russia’s top trade partner. In 2012 alone, the volume of trade exchanges between the two countries reached $88.16 billion, up 11 percent from the year before. Besides oil and gas, China imports sophisticated arms from Russia.

China was the world’s fifth largest arms exporter in 2012, but it has shown willingness to buy Russia’s most modern weapons.

The Russian and Chinese leaders hope they would diversify their trade. They plan to raise their trade exchanges to $100 billion by 2015 and to $200 billion by 2020.

The relations between Russia and China are currently at their best. The new Chinese leader’s visit to Russia in his first foreign trip indicates the strategic significance of Beijing-Moscow relations.

This trip also carries a clear message for the United States and the European Union (EU) that China and Russia are determined to boost their influence on international developments.

Since the US foreign policy’s strategy for the coming decade is focused on further clout with Asia, China is expanding its ties with Russia and other members of the BRICS group of emerging economies -- Brazil, India, and South Africa.

Energy is the most important sector Russia and China would cooperate in. Russia sits atop huge energy reserves which can serve energy-starving China. Through energy cooperation, the two countries can counter US financial and geopolitical influence.

Putin and Xi are not expected to finalize the deal for a pipeline to carry natural gas from Russia to China so soon. However, Putin is set to take advantage of China to keep Russia’s economy running.

Xi has estimated that his country’s economy would overtake that the US during his ten-year term in office.

Over recent years, Russia and China have largely expanded their cooperation particularly within the framework of international organizations. They are now two leading members of the influential Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), a counterweight to US expansionist policies in Central Asia and Eurasia.

Russia and China also share similar views on Syria, particularly in opposing Western interference in the affairs of this Arab state. Since the start of crisis in Syria in 2011, Russia and China have vetoed three resolutions drafted by other permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.

In Putin’s view, strategic relations between Beijing and Moscow are of great significance due to their influence on the world’s stability and security.

In their Friday meeting, Xi told Putin that his first foreign visit to Moscow showed to what extent his country lent credence to its ties with Russia.

China’s ties with US have become complicated. It has practically cut its ties with Japan while its relations with India are fraught with tensions. Amid such tumult, good and strong bonds with Russia would mean too much.

Economy is China’s top priority, but cooperation about Iran, Syria, and North Korea are also of high significance in its foreign policy. Furthermore, China expects Russia to make up for their reduced oil imports from Iran.

The head of Russia’s biggest oil consumer Rosneft, Igor Sechin, said on Friday that the company plans to increase its oil supplies to China to 45-50 million tons a year, from a current 15 million tons a year via the East Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline.

Following his talks with Xi, Putin said the two countries have agreed to cooperate further in space technology, telecommunications and aircraft manufacturing.

The US, EU and Japan are anxiously following up on Xi’s ongoing visit to Russia.

A possible proximity between China, Russia, and India would present the world powers with new puzzles.

KA/AS/SL
there is the India link as well, it seems Chian and India came to an agreement over the border dispute. could this be all part of the grand trap?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join