It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathy in Government and Finance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Psychopathy in Politics and Finance - Stefan Verstappen on GRTV

Corbett of GRTV interviews author Stefan Verstappen about his research on psychopaths' innate desire to tell people how to live their lives which is why psychopaths are attracted to power. Verstappen's answer to counter psychopaths is to stop feeding them; identify them and withdraw your support from them. Says current media is promoting a psychopathic agenda where manipulation, lying and intimidation always win.

Article in Video: Psychopathic boldness tied to U.S. presidential success

Ten Most Psychopathic Presidents by Kevin Dutton

Are You A Psychopath? Take the Psychopath Challenge
edit on 7-5-2013 by DiscreteParticle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Capitalism itself is a system designed to reward psychopathy and those with the least empathy for others. The CEO willing to lie, cheat and steal to beat his competitors and underpay his employees comes out on top financially.

You know you're really doing a great job when you become "too big to fail/jail."
edit on 7-5-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Like Hawkings says above, Capitalism or Consumerism promotes those who are a little Psychopathic. If a person is overzealous they will do well in our system when in fact they are really obsessive compulsive. We have a really screwed up society here in America. Unless you examine it with an open mind you cannot see it, the conditioning has been going on for a long time.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Like Hawkings says above, Capitalism or Consumerism promotes those who are a little Psychopathic. If a person is overzealous they will do well in our system when in fact they are really obsessive compulsive. We have a really screwed up society here in America. Unless you examine it with an open mind you cannot see it, the conditioning has been going on for a long time.

I agree that it is very hard to see since it has become part of our cultural fabric (not that we really have a culture). That is why I thought this video was pretty worthwhile because it clarified everything.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
" What goes up, Must come down "

or better yet Newton's 1st law ( I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it. ) = When something is moving at the same speed for a while, it will only be altered via an external force.

Stock market, Too Big Too Fail companies, Egos, Big Government, Big failing Ideas, confidence in the system.

It's there and written everywhere else in history, with great technology comes great responsibility, the power is an illusion.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Added a Supermassive Blackhole, you have 4 secs left to read this. 3.....2......1......(------,,,,,,,,,,..............._________

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

I had time to watch the video just now. It is really good. I know these people are in power everywhere, and they are trying to increase their kind but always keep them under their thumb. The video is right, these kind of people are protected by many of the laws that are out there, written by the lawyers amongst their ranks. There are good lawyers out there but many of them are corrupt. They play within the rules and policies of their organization.

There are some high up that are not psychopathic in industry. I have to note that they use the same tactics as protection against the true psychopaths so it is hard to tell who is who. They are like Robinhoods, taking away from the psychopaths and giving back to the common people. The good ones numbers are dwindling here in America though. The real ones numbers and strength are growing.

I haven't yet found a way to tell these two types apart, the true verses the fake psychopath. I have been in business or been someone in charge of others for a long time so I can identify the real control freaks easily but still haven't been able to find true intent easily for their actions. People need to be led and rules have to be followed and enforced or the regular guy may start to slack also and then the one in charge starts to loose control and will eventually do noone good if he cannot hold things together.

I do know that psychopaths are out there in high places. We cannot label someone without looking at intent though. A government can not help their people if noone can make a decision but the decision should be based on need and fairness and not wants and deceit. Not everyone can get what they want in society, but it seems like the same groups get what they want all the time. I'm all for working hard for what you want and getting what you need easily. That is not how society is set up though, getting what you want is easy if you follow the deceitful rules that have been established in society. Deceiving someone out of their money is mostly legal in this country as long as you follow certain guidelines. Outright stealing is illegal. Why should a person have to sue someone that weaseled them out of their life savings when a person who Breaks in and steals their TV, which is insured, goes to jail. There is going to be a lot of people loosing what they worked hard to earn in the near future. The only ones who won't loose their fortune are the ones who are orchestrating this collapse. I'm not even sure that the collapse in the near future is bad, it will be effecting the psychopaths the most, the ones who are tricksters. The ones at the very top may not be bad at all. We do not know the real intent of some of these people at the top.

To me the problem seems to be in the middle class. The reason is that there are so many in that class that are slightly psychopathic, thinking they deserve more than they do. They'll do anything if it is considered legal, using the loopholes in the lack of morals laws to get ahead or sustain their way of life.

Wow, I got carried away in thought on this post, boring the hell out of some people with those thoughts. When in fact I really said nothing that a lot of people here already know.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This was a great post with a lot of ideas. First, I do agree that not all of those in power are psychopaths and some are just pretending be, partially to gain access to the power circles and partially because they are good guys. Having wealth and power does not mean automatically someone is a psychopath. But the wealthy do program their children at an early age for the success track and all that entails.

Also, your idea that it is really hard to tell the good from the bad is so true. A lot of elite parade around with good causes and they have really just agreed to create inroads into countries and cultures that would otherwise be leery of powerful countries.

I am not sure if, as you interestingly suggest, most of the manipulation is done by the middle class. It might seem that way because there are more of us and we probably aren't as skilled at manipulation as the super elite or we would be elite already!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think its safe to assume everyone above CEO level has a certain amount of psycopathy in their personality in this culture.
Same goes for 80% of power positions in society.
If we just skimmed them off the top......

top topics

join