It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk "I want your badge number" says 12-yr old Jeremy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by anton74

Since when is a sidewalk private property?

CJ

When you own the land it is sitting on and you built it yourself.

The parking lot and sidewalk in front of the staore at your local Walmart for example is private property(owned by Walmart). If the ask you to leave and you don't, then you are trespassing.

So I as a store owner can park my car on the sidewalk in-front of my door and block the sidewalk from people trying to walk around it? Even when I'm in a strip mall like this clearly is? Interesting.

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Maybe it's because not everything in the universe (including Religion and Philosophy) is based on right and wrong. Also, right and wrong are both relative.
edit on 5-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If it hasn't been brought up yet this incident occurs in Las Vegas.

a young man who identifies himself as a 12-year-old named Jeremy approaches a Las Vegas Metro motorcycle cop who has illegally parked his motorcycle on a sidewalk, apparently in order to get a soft drink.

boingboing.net...

link   
This isn't "Going Viral". There were only 212 views when I saw it, just now. That could take up most of the people here on this site. Cool info and all, but lets not distort the facts here...

link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by olaru12

Maybe it's because not everything in the universe (including Religion and Philosophy) is based on right and wrong. Also, right and wrong are both relative.
edit on 5-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

BS....

When it's against the law for the average citizen; it's againt the law for LEOs as well.

What is it that is giving you so much trouble with this concept....pride?

I can't park my MC on the sidewalk; why is it ok for the LEO?
edit on 5-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No only reason.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
This isn't "Going Viral". There were only 212 views when I saw it, just now. That could take up most of the people here on this site. Cool info and all, but lets not distort the facts here...

www.youtube.com...

Video has almost 1 million views.....

Let's not distort the facts, no one is above the law in the public eye.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

...and the Google Search: Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Totally reminds me of my brother when he got pulled over by the cops, only he refused to give him his name. And the cops left him alone after that. But, boy did he shoot his mouth off. I waiting for him to get arrested. He was hostile the entire time. Now, he's a Correctional Officer.
Payback is a witch... Wonder how many inmates have mouthed off to him?

edit on 5-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

Originally posted by theRhenn

www.youtube.com...

Video has almost 1 million views.....

Let's not distort the facts, no one is above the law in the public eye.

From the original link the OP produced, it only showed 214 views. What you profided was a different link.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I don't see how your post accusing me of distorting facts contributed to the discussion. Nonetheless, I'm glad you decided to retract it...in so many words. I chose that youtube link as it was the first that populated. I originally viewed this video on liveleak, which one can't embed.

I do hope it continues to goes viral though...if anything...I hope it inspires the up and coming generation to learn the laws in their area as well as their rights.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think the kid was coached.
On the other hand a young person should not be dismissed due to his age either.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

So you expect them to enforce the laws while not strictly adhering to them? Which laws should they enforce while being allowed to not follow them themselves in your opinion? Are the police departments now a "do as I say, not as I do" department? Would you be just as critical if the 12 year old, was a 32 year old? Your arguments are not making any sense and I understand getting "attacked" on ATS sucks when you make a quick post to try to garner stars, but, there is a time to back off as well.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What a stupid kid -- though he obviously thinks he is pretty smart. Going out of your way to have confrontations with the Police is not a practice that will serve you well in life.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere
What a stupid kid -- though he obviously thinks he is pretty smart. Going out of your way to have confrontations with the Police is not a practice that will serve you well in life.

Interesting take on it. Then you must say "What a stupid cop" every time a cop gives a parking ticket or a ticket for a minor infraction like driving 40 in a 35. Why do cops go out of their way to have confrontations with citizens? It most certainly won't serve them well in life, according to you.

Also your take a 12 year old is stupid because he calls out a cop for doing something the cop would ticket him for (if he could drive) makes one think you care nothing for the rights people died for in this country. What age is proper to call a spade a spade? 15? 18?

CJ

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Cops are always doing stupid things.

Like this guy that parked in alley which was a no parking zone.

Why they couldn't of parked in the parking lot is beyond.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21

Originally posted by UberL33t
12 years old and calling the cop out...warms my heart...

I commend this kid for stepping up and questioning this police officers actions...

Thoughts ATS?

ETA: He never did give him his badge number....this video is going viral to..tsk tsk.
edit on 5/5/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

Calling out the Cops....like you think it's always a good thing. It makes you feel good about a 12 year old asking a cop a bunch of useless questions.

The cop looks like he is just getting a drink. It looks sunny and if its a recent video it's probably pretty hot where ever he is. Yes, its probably illegal to park on the sidewalk but last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone. He was probably there for 5 minutes max. Just another video that will get more publicity for what is it because people like you are questioning everything police officers do like there is some sort of conspiracy.

That's all well and good, but this officer would probably be handing out a ticket or citation for a citizen parking a motorized vehicle on the sidewalk. Why is it alright for him to do so? Those who serve and protect the law should live by it.. What kind of example does it set when the guy sworn to uphold the law is blatantly and knowingly breaking it?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes, its probably illegal to park on the sidewalk but last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone.

i have seen you say this or words to this effect three times. are you so blind to realize, that this is where it starts.

next time he breaks the law no matter what the weather is like he might hurt someone.

let a cop get away with doing one thing that is against the law, or let him choose what laws he is going to follow or enforce, because " last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone"
soon they will think it's all right to run down the highway at a hundred miles a hour. ( search site it on here) or just give some suspect a taze, or give a suspect a little lovetap, or take free doughnuts and coffee, or countless other things they think they can get away with. because they are cops, and don't pretend that don't you know they do things, because if you ask civilians, there would be countless numbers testifying to it.
chances are, that if you are a cop, you know some that do everything that i have said, everyday. and even if you don't they are out there.

so everyone should call cops on every law they see them break, you if a cop chose to be a law enforcement officer and should up hold the law in your behavior,as a example. that way when you release someone with just a warning, or ignore some thing and and the person knows this , it comes from someone who they know has earned the respect they might deserve. it would mean more than if they same action came from someone, who routinely does these thing because," i'm the law, do as i say.", and i can do what i want

edit on 6-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Let us think about this. The kid is upset a police officer parked his "motorized vehicle" on the sidewalk. So firstly the kid is being coached. Second, besides the kid and the officer who does this affect in the grand scheme of the universe? Are you all getting b-hurt over this seriously? Third, there is no law in any state where a cop has to give you his badge number or even identify themself as a cop. Last, people need to stop making police officers villains. That is all everyone does on ATS. For every one bad video people post here crucifying the cops there are a million other videos not being recorded of them doing the right thing. It's kinda weird how people only have their phones ready to record "bad" things police do.
edit on 6-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

After looking, since you keep going around and around with this, most departments have internal rules that yes, indeed they are required to give information including badge numbers and names. Some may not, but the majority do.

The cops was breaking the law. Why that is ok with you only you can answer. I sure hope he didn't drive away with that 64 ounce cola in hand too - driving a motorcycle with a supersized soda in one hand is also illegal.

CJ
edit on 6-5-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join