It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Ratio :: Evidence or Coincidence of intelligent design?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is Divine Proportion evidence of a creator or is the Golden Ratio more of just a coincidence through out the Universe? What if it meant something more, much like the storyline of lost where a certain number sequence mattered.

In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one. The figure on the right illustrates the geometric relationship. Expressed algebraically:
Golden Ratio wikipedia

What does it mean? It Holds great significance in sacred geometry and architecture, and can be found all around us in the natural, and unnatural world.

We can find phi in Matter itself as it governs what is known as the bohr radius.
phi in chemistry and physics

commonly found in religous scenarios we regularly link the golden ratio to the Bible, where in the story of the ark of noah being made as close to the golden ratio as possible.

so what do you think? Evidence of intelligent design or all just a coincidence?
think of it like seeing 11:11 except with the golden ratio and the world around us.

The Fibonacci Sequence can be found in the Mandelbrot set Ive heard that it represents the universe.
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987

I've also heard that the universe may be shaped like a dodecahedron with pentagonal symmetry. in which you can find the golden ratio.

Perhaps secret societies use it for unknown reasons, or for numerical display? what is the hidden meaning behind the use of the golden ratio?

edit on 5-5-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think that Sacred Geometry and Golden Ratio have a deep connection to matter manifestation.
I think that math may possibly be the true language of God or Creator..

The Flower of Life!!

Nice post

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i used this in another thread but they say it has to do with the holographic universe.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Yes that is a great video, I have seen it before.

The Tree of Life and Architecture of the Universe are indeed all around us, it is so obvious to those who can see it. There are many who cannot and do not grasp the intensity of the subject. If you just take the time to look around in nature, you will see it in everything!

Edit: I think everyone should take time out to watch the full video and may it cause an inner speak to ignite!!
Blessings!

edit on 5-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

An Inner spark..
LOL

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How the Golden Ratio, Fibonacci numbers and Lucas numbers manifest in various sacred geometries (some of which will be unknown to you):
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
How the pentagram embodies the Divine Name ADONAI MELEKH:
smphillips.8m.com...
To explore TRUE sacred geometry (rather than the bogus stuff usually masquerading on the internet under this name, please visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
You will discover how sacred geometries embody a universal pattern, that is, they are isomorphic to one another. You will also learn how the Golden Ratio expresses some of their properties. All this has now been proven rigorously - a fact which cannot explained away in terms of coincidence. Instead, the encyclopaedic volume of research assembled at the linked website proves the existence of an amazing and beautiful mathematical gnosis embodied in TRUE sacred geometries - one that can be understood sensibly and plausibly only in terms of a transcendental, mathematical intelligence that is behind it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The thing is - humans are pattern matching machines.

The golden ratio, phi & the fibonacci sequence are mathematically significant and do appear in nature, but people often overstate the degree to which this occurs - not everything is based upon them.

Furthermore many of these relationships or ratios often claimed are arbitrary. Give anyone a number or a ratio or a shape to find in nature and they will find it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The thing is - humans are pattern matching machines.

The golden ratio, phi & the fibonacci sequence are mathematically significant and do appear in nature, but people often overstate the degree to which this occurs - not everything is based upon them.

Furthermore many of these relationships or ratios often claimed are arbitrary. Give anyone a number or a ratio or a shape to find in nature and they will find it.

Yes I do tend to agree.
Step outside and you can seen in nature that they integrate...
Everything seems perfectly designed.

Are we the creators
Or the created??
Or a combination of both?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Within any system aren't there always natural laws that cannot be altered? I mean, has anyone ever dropped a rock into a pond and caused a square ripple?

So, when life grows by forming fractals, isn't it only natural? I really wouldn't know.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Fractals. This world was designed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hey....I trade harmonics in forex...with elliott waves. we're heavy into fibonacci ratios. and it works in the currency markets. especially on the last half of a 5 wave run....

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
God I wished I had taken more math!!
And Physics!!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is interesting that you would try to tie this to intelligent design when most of this was figured out by Greek philosophers, who sought to prove that natural laws and not gods made/run the universe.
Muslim mathematicians (this is why you use Arabic numbers) did the work to put it into algebraic equations.

It is the sign of a bad theory when its supporters have to keep trying to find a way to sell it.
Newton showed that no divine hand is needed to rotate the sun. Math works as the natural relationships between the forces that make up the cosmos.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
hey....I trade harmonics in forex...with elliott waves. we're heavy into fibonacci ratios. and it works in the currency markets. especially on the last half of a 5 wave run....

Wow, I wish I knew what you just said!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No.

It is neither evidence . . . nor is it coincidence.

Fractals are the most economical means of self-replication/duplication and provide symmetry of build.

The forces/laws of nature/universe have had nearly 14 billion yrs to perfect efficient systems.
edit on 5/5/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

Funny you post that episode of Nova . . . I own it.

Please expand as to how that backs up your idea for evidence of design? Is it the over 40 mins detailing the work of Mandelbrot? Or, the examples of technology advancing through the use of a more efficient system of design than the rigid mathematics of the past?

I don't think that Nova episode is claiming what you think it is.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Within any system aren't there always natural laws that cannot be altered? I mean, has anyone ever dropped a rock into a pond and caused a square ripple?

So, when life grows by forming fractals, isn't it only natural? I really wouldn't know.

Great post . . . I would say you know more than a lot of others . . . but, what would I know?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Originally posted by jiggerj

Great post . . . I would say you know more than a lot of others . . . but, what would I know?

LOL I've been thinking about this all day at work. If you gently dropped a big square rock in a pond, WOULD it make a square ripple??? I was going on the assumption that nature would only allow for round(ish) ripples. Now I'm not so sure.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well . . . your first assumption was right. That picture is a great example of graphic design, but not representative of natural law.

The reason ripples are circular is they are a result of the downward force of the object in the water. . . not the shape of the object. The ripples emanate from the center of the downward force equally, in all directions. Hence, the circular pattern.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
Hi Belcastro,
I've been interested in Phi, Golden Ratio, Sacred Geometry and the classical Greek masters since a small child, i will have to dig out my research, you may find it interesting, i will get back to this soon.
For now i have left one of my weird drawings on the subject:-

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join