It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad "to declare war" on Israel following fresh airstrikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
www.thecommentator.com...

In light of the seemingly preemptive strikes on Syria, we still await a declaration of war. There are reports floating about of a possible ground invasion on Syria from Isreal. There are also reports of Assad asking the rebels for a ceasefire. I am not taking sides on this although it has the potential to affect me and those close to me, so I am watching this closely.
Not much from western msm is coming out about this except from the BBC.
I am sure the news makers are scrambling to make Israel look good.
Here are some major points of the article...

Following evidence of chemical warfare and an increasinly reticent US position, Israel has in recent days taken widely reported steps to neutralise threats emanating from within civil war-torn Syria. While strikes from Lebanese airspace this weekend are not thought to have been on chemical weapons caches, the recent Israeli intelligence regarding the use of such weaponry is thought to have spurred on a round of strikes, including the latest just hours ago.

UPDATE 03:15am GMT: 5am local time in Syria has passed without comment from military authorities or the Assad regime. Speculation continues about the nature of the attack with some insisting that Israel's weaponry was "nuclear-like", that chemicals can be "smelt" in the air, and that the attack was co-ordinated by Israel with help from Syrian rebel forces.
UPDATE: 04:36am GMT: Sources suggest that Qassiyoun mountain was the home to many stationed Assad forces, with some projections claiming over 10,000 could have been stationed in and around the area.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Uh... wouldnt a strike on a country be an ACT of WAR in the first place

If US was struck by a few missiles, Iran, would US be at war with Iran yet?

S&F for obviousness, though

edit on 4-5-2013 by below because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
From your post it looks like Israel is aiding AlQaida ( the syrian rebels ) against the legitimate government of Syria
Shouldn't that make Israel a target for drone strikes of the US drones in the same way Pakistan is a target of the US drones?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh sh*t!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

I hope
edit on 4-5-2013 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by below
Uh... wouldnt a strike on a country be an ACT of WAR in the first place

If US was struck by a few missiles, Iran, would US be at war with Iran yet?

S&F for obviousness, though

edit on 4-5-2013 by below because: (no reason given)

Yes I see what you mean. But if Israel were really going to actually invade Syria with troops, an actual declaration of war would be in order. If they just planned to preemptively disable key targets for its own defense, not so much.
Yes
I would say that is an ACT of War.

If Iran hit the U.S. with missiles, I would indeed expect a statement from the President about the status of the relationship between Iran and U.S.. A declaration of war would be an example of that.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

I think this should be taken with a grain of salt. I have looked all over. RT, PressTV, amongst others. They are speculating that what Syria's response is going to be. IMO

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Will this bring into play the Syria / Iran treaty and does anyone reliably know if it is a mutual defense treaty.

This could get ugly real fast. The US could be drawn in so fast it could make their heads spin.

If Iran is forced by treaty to attack Israel, then as Iran has stated, she will go after everyone that sides with the US.

As I said, real ugly real fast.

P

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's my prediction. If Israel actually DOES cross the border into Syria with troops, as totally insane as that sounds, Syria won't have a civil war anymore. Assad and the FSA will never fight under a joint command, but they'll damn sure stop fighting each other long enough to turn on Israel together.

It's like the US. We could fall into Civil War and NO ONE fights quite like Americans do. Witness the body count from our last one ..and that was with primitive weapons.
However, have another nation send so much as a scouting party onto our soil during that? Americans would, almost overnight, agree to kill each other later while obliterating the new guy in the game.

I sincerely hope any talk of Israel crossing is just rumor and empty talk. It makes no practical sense because unless the IDF command has lost it's senses...they know the above too. It would bring war from all sides, almost instantly ..as it has 3-4 times before in their past. Nuts....Just NUTS.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
From your post it looks like Israel is aiding AlQaida ( the syrian rebels ) against the legitimate government of Syria
Shouldn't that make Israel a target for drone strikes of the US drones in the same way Pakistan is a target of the US drones?

I am no expert on this, but it looks like it would be very beneficial for Assad to have a ceasefire with the rebels (who are supposedly linked to Al Qaida.) I dont think that Isreal would show direct support for Al Qaida, but maybe by proxy to soften the Syrian Regime.

I would say no to your question as the U.S. and Israeli government are close allies. This will no doubt be presented as Israel defending itself.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Space War reported on an article published by AFP (The French News Agency)

Tehran (AFP) Jun 16, 2006
Defense ministers from close allies Iran and Syria on Thursday signed an agreement for military cooperation against what they called the "common threats" presented by Israel and the United States. In a joint press conference, Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar and visiting Syrian counterpart Hassan Turkmani said their talks had been aimed at consolidating their defense efforts and strengthening support for one another.

www.spacewar.com...

I don't know if it's been altered in the last seven years, but I suspect not.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

I think this should be taken with a grain of salt. I have looked all over. RT, PressTV, amongst others. They are speculating that what Syria's response is going to be. IMO

I pretty much take everything with a grain of salt.
But there is some interesting info in this article nonetheless.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

star that
while I was being slightly dishartenly sarcastic...
I think your assesment is prolly pretty accurate
thanks for answering my post

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Here's my prediction. If Israel actually DOES cross the border into Syria with troops, as totally insane as that sounds, Syria won't have a civil war anymore. Assad and the FSA will never fight under a joint command, but they'll damn sure stop fighting each other long enough to turn on Israel together.

It's like the US. We could fall into Civil War and NO ONE fights quite like Americans do. Witness the body count from our last one ..and that was with primitive weapons.
However, have another nation send so much as a scouting party onto our soil during that? Americans would, almost overnight, agree to kill each other later while obliterating the new guy in the game.

I sincerely hope any talk of Israel crossing is just rumor and empty talk. It makes no practical sense because unless the IDF command has lost it's senses...they know the above too. It would bring war from all sides, almost instantly ..as it has 3-4 times before in their past. Nuts....Just NUTS.

I completely agree with you.
This being the largest attack on the Syrian military in recent history, is indeed pretty scary. My heart goes out to all the civilians that will be / have been killed and maimed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I see the word "defence" in your post Charles
I find the fact that that word is in there very saddening
IMHO "defence " is a word that should describe the actions of the free world

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Bullseye! Hope whistleblowers (Corbett, Edmonds) pick up on this exposure, and go viral on it.

This proof Israel is aiding Al-Qaeda is proof Israel may have very well aided other Al-Qaeda acts, namely, 9/11

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here are a couple videos of the explosion(s)...

There is wild speculation on twitter that this is nuclear. I doubt it.
Ive also read places that the ground shook a time before the explosion, and how it would indicate that it was a bunker buster. More info on this would be appreciated.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Maybe it is just surgical, and they are trying to just take Assad out?

Still, the Israelis doing this will open the gates of hell.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Dear Danbones,

I agree with you. And the whole region has been saddening for 100 years. When you throw in that "defense" almost always means military, and that it can be intrepeted to mean almost anything, we're stuck with "defense" meaning "offense" as well.

I have several words to express my feelings, but I won't give them, I have a reputation to uphold.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Is IDF helping FSA?
Only periferally, because they are very likely going after weapons transfers to Hezbollah....
Maybe even chemical weapons.....
I woud bet their thrust is against further escalation in arming the Lebanese with anti aircraft missiles etc....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Maybe it is just surgical, and they are trying to just take Assad out?

Still, the Israelis doing this will open the gates of hell.

Surgical? Yea... well... if your surgical instruments include a chainsaw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join