It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banking Alert! Services Limited or Unavailable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

There is an update process going on with many major banks and credit unions over the weekend, including Chase, Wells Fargo, First United Bank, CITIGROUP INC, BANCWEST CORPORATION, DEUTSCHE BANK TRUST CORPORATION, BDCU, BECU, Columbia Bank, Concord Bank, Five Point Credit Union, Kemba Credit Union, and many others.

This seems to be an industry wide update and many services will be unavailable or limited. Each bank is a little different, but they are limiting access to accounts, funds, mobile banking, even allowable purchase amounts on debit and credit cards.

lisaleaks.com...

Yes, I know, it is more then likely just as they are saying, an upgrade in their systems, but with what if it isn't. What if there is something upcoming and they are preparing for it....

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Former SEIU Official Reveals Secret Plan To Destroy JP Morgan, Crash The Stock Market, And Redistribute Wealth In America

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Plans to begin in early May.....

Also another item of note (perhaps) - Anonymous to Make May 7th a Day to Remember with OpUSA.

A warning has been sent out to financial institutions and government agencies as the collective known as Anonymous has announced their OpUSA.

www.decryptedtech.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Why do people STILL bank with the TBTF banks.
All I heard on this forum was how the BIG BANKS were **** people and THE SAME people CONTINUED their business with those banks!!

The hypocrisy astounds me.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I asked members here last Month if Credit Unions were going to be safer than the rest. Many said "Of Course" and I said "Don't be so sure about that".

hmmmm...

Peace

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
BTW.....
It didn't hit the news, but lots of people got refunds from the BIG banks from a government settlement from faulty mortgages.....In the BILLIONS!! The refunds were scheduled to go out this month, so if the biggies are saying a loss on wall street, then MY guess would be the BILLIONS they had to pay out in fines and costs this month hit the bottom line.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Agreed, but I ask why anyone would have anything to do with ANY form of banking.
The only person that can tell me how I can spend my money is me!
I also save thousands on bank fees I'm sure.

(insert dirty word here) the bankers!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
is this story vetted?

Is disrupting the financial system that 100's of million people rely on... A terrorist attack?

im not saying it is or should be but if there is an apparatus installed to
keep the system running in case of an attack... now would be the time.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

It is why I posted it, the more people that know about it, the more information can be made available.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This is not new news. This has been going on for many years now, and only escalating as time goes by. Even over a decade ago we had computer viruses that knocked many businesses offline.

Why do people STILL bank with the TBTF banks.

Fortune 500 companies don't bank with credit unions.

Agreed, but I ask why anyone would have anything to do with ANY form of banking.

Most of us stopped living in caves some time ago.

Is disrupting the financial system that 100's of million people rely on... A terrorist attack?

Yes, it is. And those that think this is just such a wonderful idea will think twice when they can't buy gas, or pay their rent, or buy food. It's all fun and games attacking others until your own livelihood and sustenance is at stake.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

from the Lisalink in your OP.. the Columbia Bank will have the most disruption & lack of service...

i moved from Banke of America to a local CU at the first of the year...so as to avoid the likely 'Cyprus-ing' to pay for that banks' derivatives positions to be funded by depositers with checking'savings accounts

CU's are in the bail-out matrix--- they are dependent on the Fed Fund Insurance that insures accounts to $100k (or whatever the sum is that is guaranteed the deositers now-a-days...the Fund is broke by the way & can only pay something like $25 Billion on deposits nationwide that exceed $2 Trillion...last i heard)...

btw...

there's a Card available for those who get government checks every month... the money goes direct to the Card and not some bank account

i am going to look deeper into this

but at the onset... i think the 'card' has a catch to it...like a monthly charge that they take $5- $10 out of those government monies that get automatically credited to that card every month...like a fee on a checking account statement at a regular bank...
i think the 'cards' as advertised on 3 AM TV are revenue sources for financial firms that have clients that dont have drivers licenses or other ID to transact money transfers as reular people would

if these automatic refill Debit Cards are legit--- then people with SS or SSI or welfare do not need a bank account....as the Government will refill the card every month you are to receive benefits..
the ;RUSH CARD' is one... VISA is another automatic refill/debit card that the government uses to disburse funds--- without the need for a bank-account that the bank could steal in a 'bail-in' operation
edit on 3-5-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Is why I only bank with small, hometown, small community banks. I'll sleep well tonight.

So will my money

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

but I ask why anyone would have anything to do with ANY form of banking

hi, in the uk we have to have a bank account for our wages to be paid into unfortunately,

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You folks who "only bank at small, hometown credit unions"....LOL.

Keep thinking that. A well known fact: people find comfort in all manner of information that has no basis in fact. Look at religion.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Is why I only bank with small, hometown, small community banks. I'll sleep well tonight.

So will my money

I forgot to add:

I only use my small town bank to aid in paying the bills every month. My heavy safe in my bedroom, banks the rest of my money.

But I will "trust" my small town bank, over a national bank ANY day.
edit on 5/4/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by g146541

but I ask why anyone would have anything to do with ANY form of banking

hi, in the uk we have to have a bank account for our wages to be paid into unfortunately,

Same with many employers in Canada. Pay is direct deposited. Plus cheque cashing places other than banks cost more than banking fees.
You can't pay utility bills without a bank. You can't have a mortgage or a loan without a bank.

That said, our household has no savings.
They can't Cyprus (take) your savings account if you don't have one...
edit on 4-5-2013 by snowspirit because: Sp

edit on 4-5-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

But I will "trust" my small town bank, over a national bank ANY day.

With all due respect, this assertion is patently ridiculous. Let me explain.

Many small community banks are used by local businessmen that sit on the Board of Directors to fund their pet projects. The local Board borrows from the bank for their own projects, and shuts out the general public from obtaining loans for projects needing funding of any significance. If you are not an "insider" at a local bank, then you don't benefit.

Small banks oftentimes are, much more corrupt than the large banks. At least large banks are heavily scrutinized by the media, and chastized at every turn for even looking the wrong way. If the larger bank is publicly traded, they are under heavy pressure from shareholders and Wall Street to perform. The transparency in these institutions is much greater if for regulatory scrutiny reasons alone.

By contrast, smaller banks are usually under the radar. They are also frequently under capitalized. They don't have the diversity of fee income, either, which means that they are much riskier places to put your money.

For example, your small banks do not typically offer the full breadth of banking services that a bigger bank can. They offer loans, deposits, and usually that's about all. They are highly dependent on the local real estate market to make loans, and their staff is usually not as well educated as staff at bigger banks. You don't find many Harvard MBA's sitting on the Board of your community bank.

When the real estate market turns south, these banks go under. They are also notorious for giving away everything for free, which means they aren't profitable enterprises compared to their larger peers.

Staff at small banks is usually second rate. They don't get the depth of specialized training that the big banks give to their employees.

By contrast, the mega-banks and the regional banks have a wide range of ways to earn fee income - not just loans and deposits. They earn money through a whole host of revenue streams - credit card processing, investment advice, equipment financing, mergers and acquisitions advice, to name just a few. A small community bank offers none of these services. They are wholly dependent on loan income from real estate - feast of famine - and deposits.

So, keep living in a dream world that your small community bank is safe. It's not. It is more at risk, and likely far more corrupt, than larger banks by far.
edit on 4-5-2013 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I asked members here last Month if Credit Unions were going to be safer than the rest. Many said "Of Course" and I said "Don't be so sure about that".

hmmmm...

Peace

I remember that thread, and I had posted info about your credit union safety and found out all kinds of crazy info....

How to Check if Your Credit Union

I found out I am not so safe with my money there either......

NCUS

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Do you suggest vulnerable people such as the elderly take all of their life savings out of banks and put them under the mattress?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

With respect, I don't agree that all small town banks fall under the elaborate scheme that you have detailed. Some, maybe, all, no. The bank I use, offers a wide variety of services, that are underwritten by their own Trust & Financial Company just a few miles away. They are one of the oldest locally owned banks in the tri-county region. Every board member grew up in the same area. They have no outside 3rd party interests or "big bank" support.

There ARE still areas in this country, that haven't fallen victim to big corporations or interest groups. You just have to venture outside the big city bubbles to find them.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

With respect, I don't agree that all small town banks fall under the elaborate scheme that you have detailed.

It's not an "elaborate scheme". Small community banks are under capitalized, and don't have the same shock absorbers that the bigger banks do. They are run by locals that favor their own.

The risks associated with small community banks are manifold: under capitalized, revenue tied to a single community, run by substandard management, and concentrated income streams - i.e., not well-diversified. Any business analyst worth their salt will tell you the same.

Your community bank has $500 Million to 1 billion in assets? The 4 mega-banks have trillions of dollars in assets. Trillions.

Every board member grew up in the same area.

That's exactly the problem. It's called the "good old boys network". If you are African-American, a woman, or any other minority, good luck trying to get a loan. Locals protect and favor their own.

The bank I use, offers a wide variety of services

If it's a community bank, they don't have the capital or wherewithal of the bigger banks, and they certainly don't have the same number and breadth of banking services as bigger banks do.

Can your community bank manage the sophisticated banking needs of a Fortune 500 company like Coca-Cola? Didn't think so.

Community banks are small, with generally weak capital, highly concentrated loan assets in a small geography, and run by locals with sub-standard management skills. If the management team had any talent or education, they would be on Wall Street as a senior executive, not in some small town bank.

Big banks employ hundreds of thousands of employees, are international in scope, and have whole divisions dedicated to practically every area of business and finance. They have specialized teams in everything from medical finance to cash management to overseas trading, among others. Community banks have nowhere near the breadth and scope of the big banks in terms of the services they offer.

The big banks have MIT graduates running their computer systems, which make them more capable of warding off cyber attacks. A local bank might be lucky to have a single person managing their IT department. There's simply no comparison.

that are underwritten by their own Trust & Financial Company just a few miles away.

The capital under management with a local community bank's trust company pales in comparison to the capital under management with the investment firms on Wall Street.

They are not even in the same ballpark in terms of dollar ranges.
edit on 4-5-2013 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's what is really going on.
Banking industry converting from Bretton Woods to Basil III.
Global currency reset of over 200 countries ongoing now!

Most of the real inside info can be found here:
www.dinarguru.com...

All the financial biggies are heavily engaged at making this happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join