It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stair well Illusion ? Stairs lead no where?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OK . Im giving this one to the pros here. Can any one find out if this is real and how the hell do they do it?
The only info I got is that its a building in the states designed by Rafael Nelson Tagalog Aboganda

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What the...

..... mind...... f.......d........

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My brain cannot comprehend how this was done. My mind has been literally blown. I am dead now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It was a project to start a myth, it's not real, just clever editing

www.kickstarter.com...

The myth is that located in Rochester, NY, is the Escherian Stairwell, an architectural marvel that seems to violate the laws of physics and basic logic by looping back into itself. In order to lend credence to this myth, we're creating an episode for a family-friendly science show that demonstrates the staircase in action, various clips from a 1997 documentary with prominent thinkers grappling with the existence of this apparent contradiction and pontificating on its implications, and a whole slew of supplemental online materials for today's internet savvy audience to stumble across while trying to see if this thing is real (websites, scholarly articles, fan-pages, blogs, etc.). Help us build the myth!

edit on 3-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

That was fast! Thank you !
ATS is hub of amazing minds. I read more than participate because I dont have the skills. But Iv learned so much here so I just want to take this opportunity to humbly thank and complement.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen

Reminds me of the work of artist Max Escher. Like the perpetual staircase or waterwheel !

Can't be what it appears to be of course, so there must be some collusion or trickery involved.

Very clever though !

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Yes That was the first thing that crossed my mind. Escher !
But That is an impossible thing, its an illusion as such this apparently is all edited and just a big myth, people having fun I guess

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen

Quite, papazen, whilst Escher's clever manipulation of three dimensional objects works brilliantly on two dimensional paper, as a drawing,, I don't see how it could possibly be done in reality.

A terrific post by the way, thank you !

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by Mianeye

That was fast! Thank you !
ATS is hub of amazing minds. I read more than participate because I dont have the skills. But Iv learned so much here so I just want to take this opportunity to humbly thank and complement.
Actually i am not that amazing.

I saw the video yesterday, and someone posted that link in the comments

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by papazen

Quite, papazen, whilst Escher's clever manipulation of three dimensional objects works brilliantly on two dimensional paper, as a drawing,, I don't see how it could possibly be done in reality.

A terrific post by the way, thank you !

www.bergoiata.org...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Thank you stormcell ! - These Lego 3 D models based on Escher's work must have been produced for careful photography ? Very clever, though !

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I could do this without editing.

I simply need a set of twins, dressed the same.

Nobody here's a magician, eh? One of the cardinal constants of illusion...using identical twins.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Those were my initial thoughts too Gazrok ! No other explanation, other than CGI, which it
did 'nt appear to be.

....And some stooges, paid or unpaid !

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Did you go to school?.........

Lol I really hope that your being a smart-ass

top topics

join