It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Man Could Fly!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There are so many mysteries as to why the ancients built structures and symbols that seemed to be only appreciated by viewing them from the air. There are many stories from ancient times of man's ability to fly. This notion seems too unbelievable for some so the ancient alien theory was created to explain many of these stories and sites around the world.

There are some examples that have been discussed before such as the Saqquara plane/bird found in Egypt.

This ancient model comes from around 200 b.c Its claimed to be a bird model but theorists argue that it have similarities to a bird as to most planes today but the use of a vertical stabilizer that sells the idea that it may have been a model of a aircraft. The possibility is there.

This example is from Peru, dating as far back as 800 b.c

The object has a delta wing which is needed for supersonic flight. Some say that is a zoomorphic object which means animal shaped object. Some say it looks like a sting ray type fish. Regardless they scaled it up and flew it.

The link is from an ancient alien show but I do not subscribe at this moment to that theory as I believe man had the abilities to create everything we see in the ancient world

Then there are Vimanas from ancient india

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions."
www.hinduwisdom.info...

Of course even the bible cannot exclude itself from the notion of ancient flight. The bible has many accounts of people taken for rides in the 'spirit' which translates to wind. But these passengers were no flying around like supermen but in machines or objects.

Ezekiel 1 - And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. ............ And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters....
Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound as the glory of the Lord rose from the place where it was standing. It was the sound of the wings of the living creatures brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound.

So the angles needed equipment to travel.

Back to South America. Not too long ago a researcher put together a hot air balloon made from material from ancient times

When Jim Woodman approached me with his idea that the people who created the Nazca lines could have seen them from hot air balloons I was intrigued but skeptical. Yet we successful flew in a balloon that could have been built by the Nazca people a thousand years ago. And while I do not see any evidence that the Nazca civilization did fly, it is beyond any doubt that they could have.
www.nott.com...

You have to imagine now living thousands of years ago. Mankinds intelligence was comparable to ours today. We did not have have the same time occupying factors as we do today. Mankind had much time to ponder and our natural instinct is to make things better, more efficient. Accidentally coming across the ability to make and object fly, glide or float is quite likely.

The lack of evidence of on cave wall drawings or ancient glyphs should not rule out that we had the knowledge of flight in ancient times. How often do you come across a modern cave drawing or solid time lasting medium such as a carving depicting modern mans ability to fly, ride a bike or a car.

There were only four known codices found from pre-spanish america as the spanish destroyed almost all history of the ancients. so who knows if the had written about their abiliies to fly. www.civilization.ca...

The Ancient Chinese Kites/ Gliders 400 b.c

Two ­ancient Chinese men share the credit for coming up with one of China's biggest claims to fame. During the fourth century B.C., Gongshu Ban and Mo Di, a patron of the arts and a philosopher, respectively, constructed bird-shaped kites that dipped and dove in the wind. The pair's novelty caught on quickly.
Over time, the Chinese adapted and added to the initial kite's design and found new uses for it beyond amusement. Kites became an easy way to fish without a boat, simply by using a line and hook draped from the kite and dangling it into an inaccessible body of water. Kites also became instrumental in military applications, serving as unmanned drones that delivered payloads of gunpowder to enemy fortifications. In 1232, the Chinese employed kites to drop propaganda leaflets over a Mongol prisoner-of-war encampment, urging the captured Chinese there to rebel and eventually overtake their captors

science.howstuffworks.com...

You have to image how easy it was to figure out the potential of the wind as two young brothers on a high mountain in ancient Peru tring to hang a large blanket in the wind only have them almost carried away by the gusts, how this can be tethered or putting a fire inside a large animal skin tent having it rise up due to the hot air.

Flight should not be considered possible only to modern man.

How hard would it be to create this in ancient times?
One large wing.

This one is one of my favourites. It is difficult to not see a helicopter, tank, or aircraft.

The conventional explanation for these mysterious carvings, fielded by Egyptologists, is that they are just illusions. The most likely cause of these anomalous hieroglyphs is considered to be due to re-facing and re-carving of the original temple stonework, and to weathering effects. Over a protracted period of time, it is believed that parts of the reworked stone have fallen away, revealing older hieroglyphs underneath.

There are thousands of other examples. Please feel free to add ancient myths and stories that depict flight either by man or gods. or even 'aliens'. Would love to discuss them. Ancient flight in the bible is very interesting too.

Do you think ancient man could fly or at least had the ability to?

edit on 3-5-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The last picture is a proven Fake. Something to do with the layers
Please google the forum

just to inform
edit on 3-5-2013 by Lunica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
The last picture is a proven Fake. Something to do with the layers
Please google the forum

just to inform
edit on 3-5-2013 by Lunica because: (no reason given)

I read somewhere that it is actually a cartouche (name) that lost some of it's facing.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
The last picture is a proven Fake. just to inform

The image is not fake. If you payed attention and read what was written under that picture you would have learned that the glyphs are real.

This is from th Ellora Caves in India
Ancient Indian vimana.

There are many gods from around the world that had the ability to fly. One needs to see the 'Gods must be crazy' to understand how someone or thing can be depicted as a god.

Egypt -Egyptian King Pepi ascends: “As an imperishable star; Flies who flies! He flies away from you, O men! He is no longer upon earth; he is in the sky! He rushes at the sky like a heron. He has kissed the sky like a falcon. He has leapt skyward like a grasshopper.”

Ancient Egyptian legends tell of "Tep Zepi" or the First Time. This is described as an age when "sky gods" came down to Earth and raised the land from mud and water. They supposedly flew through the air in flying "boats" and brought laws and wisdom to man through a royal line of

Dead Sea Scrolls
The description of the Divine Throne-Chariot depicts the appearance and movement of the Merkabah, the divine Chariot supported and drawn by the cherubim, which is at the same time a throne and a vehicle.

India
In India it was, and still is, believed that man descended from gods who flew fiery crafts.

The Mahabharata: “The gods, in cloud-borne chariots…bright celestial cars in concourse sailed upon the cloudless sky.”

Sumerian
In Ancient Sumer, clay tablets describe visits of the gods. The gods fly in vehicles called Shems, or Mu, which are described as being tall rocket-like "rocks" from which fire flies. The visiting gods stay at temples, built by humans under the instructions of the gods, and are waited on. Certainly, the detailed descriptions of everything from who shakes hands with the gods first, to what food is served, and how the gods are carried back to their Shems imply that the Sumerians weren't just expecting spiritual visitors, but physical beings from the sky.

In mythology it was not impossible to travel to the sky home of the gods and visit them. A Sumerian hero, Adapa, was so perfect that the god Ea decided to keep him alive forever by taking him up to the Heavenly Abode of Anu (a higher deity) where Adapa could eat the Bread and Water of Life.
Link - Source

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

It's not "FAKE", you can see it for yourself in a temple in Abydos.
Some think, it's a misinterpretation.
And the OP mentioned that.

There's a difference

edit on 3.5.2013 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I personally believe the all of everything has been before.

We as a society have difficulty with the truth of what happened five hundred years ago let alone three thousand.
I have never really bought into the notion of ancient aliens. With all the vastness of everything the probability of another sentient being coming to Earth is quite unlikely. Of course that doesn't mean it hasn't occurred.

I believe we alone as humans created a civilization as great or maybe even greater than we have today.
For whatever reason, be it natural or man made disaster mankind has had to start over, maybe more than once.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The bottom image isn't "fake" but it's also not a helicopter, and shouldn't have been included in this thread. That bottom image has absolutely nothing to do with flying, flying machines, or anything of the sort and thus has no bearing whatsoever on the topic.

The only reason I can see to use that particular image with this subject matter is to deceive or mislead.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Their plane designs way back then were a lot more impressive than the tin cans we have today. Lots of workmanship and detail. I liked the old spitfires with the teeth that they had in the forties. Nothing close to the design of that little gold plane though.
edit on 3-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have always found the ancient artifacts of things that appear airworthy intriguing myself.

The ancients were observers of nature and it would not surprise me if they had something whether a hot air balloon or something else that would get them airborne..Now if they were zooming around in heaver than air ships it is very problematic due to a known power source, wheels, gears, metallurgy, etc etc..... yet, many believe it was so....

Some of the models you posted have been scaled up and flown via radio control so they were airworthy....we will probably never know unless we find a full size flying machine in some tomb....But I agree it is interesting thinking about such things.

When I was a kid of 6 or 7 I used to make things that would fly from all kinds of things, Boomerangs to cardboard airplanes I cut myself so if a farm boy can come up with something that flies I can only assume an adult could do a much better job..Yes all I had to do was look up and see aircraft flying but mankind has had birds forever to watch.

Also those who say they were as smart as modern humans might be in for a shock in that I have read our brains are srinking (1200 cc now to 1400 cc then) compared to a few 1000 years ago; if that means anything?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nice post OP! However I respectfully disagree with your assessment, I feel like ancient aliens is the logical answer to these historical clues. Our anthropocentric nature always takes us away from what is hidden in plain sight, the fact that there are so many cultures that talk about the "Gods", combined with the evidence you provided seems like there should be a strong argument for off world visitors.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What they fail to tell you in that video is they have changed the design of the small gold figured in the the most important way to make it fly.

They added an airfoil cross section to the wing.

in the original gold figure the wings were flat so a scaled up model would have no hope of flying..Ever!. They added a modern airfoil which is the most important thing need to make any Winged craft fly.

The whole 'experiment' is a joke if you are going to add things to the design to make it work in a way that it would not normally.

edit on 3-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great thread. You are going to find more naysayers than believers because we all know, the sheeple out weigh the free-thinkers.

You have some great info and evidence. There are more examples out there,so keep digging.

Everyone read this line please. Kemet(ancient Egypt) did achieved numerous feats that would baffle mankind. Many other cultures and civilizations on the African, Asian, and American continents have an over abundance of evidence to suggest something was going on.
But the inscription at Abydos is real,but what you guys are looking at are glyphs layered on top glyphs. This was not the way the heiroglyphs look at its original state and at the time of its inception. Various pharoahs, like many other sites, applied glyphs to other glyphs. SO NO ITS NOT A PLANE OR A CHOPPER.
So when people say its fake, thats what they mean. People that may have just started researching the out-of-the-norm type of knowledge, usually spew the same things, as I once did almost 11 years ago, and as many of you do here. This is a great post, but its nothing new. The Abydos glyph is usually the first piece of so called evidence that you will come across once you start your journey. But there are the more hidden ones that take you years to find like the central american and west and north african divers that dive to so called impossible depths and stay under @ a minimum of 4-5 mins to fish, the generators, the sky people many other things, enlightening stone machines.

Great thread my friend, do not let the blind dictate what you can or can't see.
Peace and blessings to all.

*I do not subscribe to the ancient alien theory. Its elementary and its the mind-state of the "new comers". My problem with this label "ancient alien", its totally erroneous like most of our 'labels'. Ancient would be and understatemant, maybe archaic, or prime and the concept of anything within or out of the universe being alien to itself is completely absurd and utterly foolish. It doesn't even make sense by its very own definition. This does not mean in our remote past we did NOT achieve some of the things mentioned in this thread. I am just saying the pre-packaged "AA" theory is flawed.
This is the case of the toddler of the human family trying to make sense of everything
, its about time the 'primes' sit down and reteach the world....again...sigh
edit on 3-5-2013 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

*gosh one more addition.
Just for those that can't even imagine our ancestors being more advanced than our current state, I would like to offer just one piece of mind boggling evidence. I am not sure as to what nation or who it was it particular, but when one of the many thieves entered Kemet(ancient Egypt) they recovered a white, powdery substance. To make a very long interesting story short, they were completely unaware of its properties, its nature, and its origin. It turns out it was monoatomic gold that was being used by the ancient Kemites(egyptians). So they ended up taking ALL of what was found, when they returned it 'vaporized'. One interesting detail is that it weighed negative, and it was very fine. Just wanted to throw that out there, and yes they did eat it, an historical reference would be in the bible>moses returned>worshipping 'golden calf">told to melt the calf and put it into bread!?!?!? This tidbit should allow one to understand their mindstate. They were achieving things using different methods than we use today.

sorry for the lengthy post.
edit on 3-5-2013 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: another addition

edit on 3-5-2013 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

What they fail to tell you in that video is they have changed the design of the small gold figured in the the most important way to make it fly.

They added an airfoil cross section to the wing.

in the original gold figure the wings were flat so a scaled up model would have no hope of flying.

How many modern childrens toys do you know that are aerodynamically correct? Adding lift to the wing would make no sense unless the model or toy was designed to actually fly.

So in the future if they find this fisher price toy and test it they would conclude that manking around 2000 a.d didnt know how to fly based on a toy?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
doesn't surprise me, i think you can make any thing fly with the right power to weight ratio, and a little tweaking.
maybe even a lawn mower.

edit on 3-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Howdy

The non-ancient gold jewelry were fashioned to resemble flying fish, fantastical demons, birds and insects which of course can glide or in the latter cases actually fly, they were also made to hang around the neck as a decoration or charm. Children's toys were often made based on the readily observed real flyers, birds, these can be seen in many cultures and the Chinese had kites up as early as 900 BC.

One cannot extrapolate from the above to mean that the ancient could 'fly', ie powered flight. This particular subject and the 'evidence' for has been discussed ad nauseum at this site a search will find numerous threads on the same subject.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

it was a attempt at humor, i guess i should have put smileys on the end.

and yes i've read just about all of them and know what your saying.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Hanslune

it was a attempt at humor, i guess i should have put smileys on the end.

and yes i've read just about all of them and know what your saying.

Yeah I was agreeing with you - certain failed fringe themes get recycled endlessly, all previous information on the subject even if known is ignored or denied and the same debunked claims made again.....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

They took a design that would not fly, added the necessary things to it so it could fly and then claimed the original design was good enough that it would fly. Which is simply just not true.

Your example is a poor strawmans argument because it is not comparable. No on is claiming that the childs toy is good enough to fly where as the people on ancient aliens did claim the small gold designs they were using were good enough to fly.

They were not claiming it was a representation of something that flew, they were directly claiming that the design was aerodynamically good enough to fly. Which just was not true. they could only make it fly after they added wheels, weighted it correctly, added a vital lift giving aerofoil shape to the wings, added rudders and flaps and then gave it a motor!

You can make a simple triangle fly if you weight it in the right place , add aerofoils to the sides and give it a motor but that does not prove that a triangle is a aerodynamically capable flying machine.

They did not perform an experiment that would stand up to scientific scrutiny. The only thing it proves is that bird like shapes can be made to fly if you add a whole bunch of stuff that is not evident in the original designs they were working from. The evidence proves we know how to make things fly efficiently and they most certainly did not.

edit on 3-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
we are about to go paperless.... they WERE paperless..

it's just been a long time, all you see is the ruins.. imagine ours... there would be no laptops or even traces of anything electronic, only stone...

the lincoln memorial.. some other huge stone/concrete things.. maybe a mcdonalds sign here and there lol...

there gonna be like, blah blah blah these guys were so simple, no electricy, just built giant stone monuments to there gods.... they worshipped under the great double arches as they realize every town has a mcdonalds...

yeah.. just think..

i believe we were on Mars before Earth... and then earth for billions of years.. many, many, many, advanced civilizations of humanoids have been here.. they may have branched out and found somewhere else to go before the catastrophic events took them out.. there may be other humanoids nearby...they may have dropped in to see what became of old mars, earth.. we sprang up here on earth, you can trace it back.. we evolved.. but #.. a humanoid is a humanoid.. trust, there is something out there that new what they were doing... we were either just by chance on THIS planet.. or a last minute distressed "arch" from another planet that something went horribly wrong on (probably mars)
edit on 3-5-2013 by indicaindigo because: (no reason given)

one last thing.. nicola tesla.... he realized the power of the pyramid... it's all about aquifer's underneath the pyrmaid, and broadcasting usable electricity.. telse went on to learn about aetheric energy.. the pyramid builders were aritificially levitating water over an aquifer and broadcasting hydro dio electric wireless power.. they have glyphs of wireless bulbs...there is some ancient civilization..i forget which... who had a handheld device for communications..pyramids HAD gold caps on top.. why do you think?
edit on 3-5-2013 by indicaindigo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

i do have to disagree with you some on that. you don't have to have a airfoil surface to glide.
that is proven in paper airplanes and just your plain basic balsa wood airplanes. some can glide quite a far distance.

there are many people that make these as a hobby. and flight patterns can and are change by adding weight or taking the away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join