It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation incident: Runaway passenger planes clip wing & tail during.. takeoff! (Newark)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
news.msn.com...

Planes headed to Nashville & Oslo, both taxi'ng and taking off, clips each others wing/tail. Luckily neither plane took off.

Not an isolated incident, the video below recalls other similar close-calls. US has not had a major plane crash in 4 years.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Scary! I am glad they did the right thing and got those people off the affected planes.

This actually happened to me back around 03 when flying out of Reagan National when a plane trying to turn around clipped it's tail on our wing. I was right behind the wing section and watched as our wing bounced around from the hit, but it wasn't hard enough to jolt the entire plane. I turned to another passenger and asked if they had seen it hit and they had also seen it We then discussed what was going to happen next, if we were going to have to unload and be rerouted through other flights etc. Nothing happened though, and the flight took off as scheduled. No one went out to check on either plane or even mentioned the hit.

After landing, I was talking to one of my Air Force buddies that is an airplane mechanic and he couldn't believe that they actually took off in the darn thing. At the time, I had no clue what just a little clip like that could do to a plane. Better to err on the side of caution.

~OkieDokie

join