It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect's friends charged with interfering with bombing investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Suspect's friends charged with interfering with bombing investigation

www.washingtonpost.com

Three college friends of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were arrested and accused Wednesday of removing a backpack containing hollowed-out fireworks from Tsarnaev's dorm room three days after the attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional link - www.washingtonpost.com... -baf7-5bc2a9dc6f44_story.html?hpid=z1

The two Kazakhs were accused of removing a laptop computer and a backpack containing empty fireworks from Tsarnaev’s dorm room and throwing them in a dumpster after learning of his suspected involvement in the bombing. Phillipos was charged with lying to federal investigators.

edit on 2-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So, there were more involved in the Boston bombing, at least after the fact.

I believe this indicates these people detained had some knowledge beforehand. The alleged bombers had friends that may have had at least an idea their comrades might have been up to something like this, enough to go clear out some explosive evidence that may point to their involvement.

Didn't it seem like there was more to the story? So far these people have not been charged in the bombing and are said to be cooperating with the investigation. I am sure the authorities have a few more questions for them. They would at least know if there had been some talk or discussion of what they might do at the marathon. Idle chat about their intentions would eliminate the suggestion they were just being played as patsies. Or maybe this late evidence of other involvement itself raises more questions. Either way, not everyone will be convinced.

There is still more to this story. Why were the police not already in his dorm room securing evidence days after the incident? Too busy going door-to-door in Watertown? I wouldn't have suspected a shortage of manpower.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

They question is what was on the instagram accounts? Robel deleted his instagram account. And they also took the lap top and deleted the younger bombers instagram account. When they accessed the younger bombers instagram account they then raided the apartment thinking that the younger bomber was there because some one used his password.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yep, they took the laptop. It appears they may have had an idea something was up even if they did not have the detail. After it came out on the news they put the idea together and did not rule out their friend's involvement. They had reason to suspect they may not all see each other again.

www.washingtonpost.com... -baf7-5bc2a9dc6f44_story.html?hpid=z1

Shortly after being alerted to Tsarnaev’s resemblance to one of the suspects on April 18, Kadyrbayev, Tazhayakov and Phillipos went to Tsarnaev’s dorm room. Just before entering, Kadyrbayev showed Tazhayakov a text message from Tsarnaev — “I’m about to leave if you need something in my room take it.” Tazhayakov told the FBI he believed he would never see Tsarnaev alive again.

Some things still sound a bit strange though. Why on April 18, several days after the bombing, were Tsarnaev's friends still able to enter his dorm room and beat the authorities there to remove evidence? That seems strange. It doesn't appear they were just waiting and staking out the room in order to catch possible co-conspirators. Why the wait? Poor police work?

I hope some more information comes to light soon. There are a lot of doubts people are sill passionately hashing out in online discussions. Will this give us the conclusive answers that will hush the doubts? Will this give us answers to anything? Prove their guilt? Indicate actual evidence of a set-up?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed that they were using gunpowder from fireworks?
That's not that hightech, I could probably fill a pipe and stick it in a pressure cooker without resorting to using the internet, wonder what the electrics were like.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think it is SOP to arrest all the patsies' friends and associates afterwards to make sure they toe the official line and don't talk about the strange men(his FBI handlers) around Tsarnaev who were encouraging him to commit the crime.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Battery from a rc car. Tanergy battery. Receiver for rc car most likely a Novak receiver due to the orange plastic near the circuitry. These are high end remote control car parts. And I would say they adapted it to a Iphone for controlling it because they did not appear to have a large remote for a rc car.Like a futaba remote.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
Am I the only one who noticed that they were using gunpowder from fireworks?
That's not that hightech, I could probably fill a pipe and stick it in a pressure cooker without resorting to using the internet, wonder what the electrics were like.

According to the radio reports, in the first gunbattle they LIT the fuse to the pressure cooker they threw at the cops..

Yes, LIT A DAMN FUSE...

Probably with a fireworks fuse from the same fireworks they hollowed out...hightech....yes....in the bronze age.

And that their friends were accesories after the fact YES, but not involved.

They found the crap in their friends bedroom and new that VERY soon the the brown stuff would hit the fan and the fed's would come down on their residence like a hurricane looking for Chechens and Muslims to blame,guilty or not..so they panicked...i know i would...
edit on 2-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Whatever the FBI says,that sounds like a low tech bomb to me..
Fireworks and RC controls...low grade teenage stuff.
Bunch of sick idiots if they turn out to be the culprits.

I mean,WTF have any marathon fans or runners got to do with any warped ideology?

Senseless waste of lives.

Whom ever did this,they should be ashamed IMO.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by JBA2848

Some things still sound a bit strange though. Why on April 18, several days after the bombing, were Tsarnaev's friends still able to enter his dorm room and beat the authorities there to remove evidence? That seems strange. It doesn't appear they were just waiting and staking out the room in order to catch possible co-conspirators. Why the wait? Poor police work?

Maybe it was never in the room to begin with. It is on the assumption that the authorities are telling the truth. Here is a chance that someone planted the bag of fireworks in the other room to get the friends framed.

There is still that chance that Boston is missing some police uniforms and impostors are still making a scene.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If the FBI, police, or other authorities involved in the Boston bombing investigation did not have a suspect right away there would be a reason for not searching this dorm room before friends got into it first. However, as indicated here, these items were not removed until these suspects were being televised with names and photos being shown. Isn't it standard procedure for authorities to visit and begin investigating and snooping around their known domiciles immediately as soon as their identities are known?

I am not in the US and so was not bombarded with the news of this event as heavily as Americans were as soon as it took place. I learned of the incident online and on ATS along with some of the earliest suspicions about the legitimacy of all that was being reported. I realize there were explanations about why Google or whoever it was was showing photo of the slain Sandy Hook school principal as one of the Boston victims. But come on, for whatever reason that occurred it must be admitted that was some severely flawed journalistic practice that permitted that to happen. Right, though, Google is not full-on mainstream news media and even the courts say the news is just entertainment and really has no other obligations beyond that. True, I found it highly entertaining, in a disgusting sort of way. Yet I reserve judgement about the whole event, but take guard for what I may yet hear reported about all this.

This particular story reveals a very severe lapse in investigatory practices. I believe this to be a smoking gun that has not gotten deserved attention. This news comes in late and after those following the story have grown weary of the matter. The single flag this thread received, and being introduced in the Breaking News forum, shows how much interest is gone now, though I have never been one known for introducing exceedingly popular threads.

Suspect captured, people off lock-down, normalcy restored. All is fine now, everyone gone back to attending to their business, and the American public just a bit more conditioned. Terrorist agenda complete. I just thought this item deserved at least one more comment. So, done, we can all go back to feeling warm and secure once more.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

join