It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Mars Anomaly.............

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
.............Or a rock that is vastly different from any other rock in this photo!! So, I am posting this for those here who have an interest in seeing Mars-stuff like this.

This anomaly is seen in the Photo Journal PIA16700 panoramic view of Rover Curiosity Sol day 120 photos. As I look at this, to me it just looks very odd, here in this rock-field area. It does clearly "standout" relative to all that is around it. And, it certainly doesn't have the look of anything else in this area.

While being different doesn't necessarily make it an anomaly, that does certainly bring it to our attention.

What is it.............I have no idea! When I first saw it, I thought it appeared to be levitating above the surface. But, I will assume it it just sitting on the surface??

The surface areas of the anomaly appear as very smooth, with two somewhat rounded/sectioned top areas.

To confirm the panorama photo, I did go to the raw images, and I found it plainly there too. I will post a screenshot from both.

Anyone have any ideas about what this is? Do you think this is just a rock, or, could it be something else?

Do you think it is on the surface, or is it above the surface? ('
')

The panorama photo: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Rover Curiosity raw image: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 1-5-2013 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Sorry rdunk, although you have gone out of your way in your research and provided a very interesting post... i couldn't help it, it is either a rock or a fossilized posterieur

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Anyone have any ideas about what this is? Do you think this is just a rock, or, could it be something else?
Do you think it is on the surface, or is it above the surface?

It looks to me IMO that its just an exposed part of a larger rock that has the rest buried.

Floating? no I HIGHLY doubt that.

TBH my first thought was it was a rock (with teh rest buried) that was "mooning" the camera.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have to point out that the rock in question does not appear to be "vastly different" from the rest of the rocks. It does appear to be a rock though, much like the other rocks seen in this picture. It does have an oddly buttocks likeness too it but, it is a rock.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes it does look like an arse thats for sure. A well waxed one at that
. Nothing i see here points to out of the ordinary

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Yes it does look like an arse thats for sure. A well waxed one at that
. Nothing i see here points to out of the ordinary

Thats what I thought....

And... the fact that our Curiosity has just drawn a penis in the martian surface... the Martians are now telling us WHERE we can shove it!

At least they have sense of humor...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wait a minute...
Are you drunk rdunk? Kidding..
That rock does seem to be a bit out of place but who knows?
It so hard to tell unless you are really there and can manipulate.
Plus thos geeks at Curiousity would love nothing more than finding
anything. I mean Anything... they are driving the rover across the Martian
landscape tracing penises in the dirt...That's how bored they are.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
To all that have replied thus far, I am right with you on whatever you comments, including it having the appearance of an "ARSE"! So funny!

Yea, almost anything in a rock-field, that doesn't have hair, is probably a rock, but.............sometimes, like in this case, they can look "different".

Thanks for the thoughts and comments!!!!!!! ('
')

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
To all that have replied thus far, I am right with you on whatever you comments, including it having the appearance of an "ARSE"! So funny!

Yea, almost anything in a rock-field, that doesn't have hair, is probably a rock, but.............sometimes, like in this case, they can look "different".

Thanks for the thoughts and comments!!!!!!! ('
')

I wasn't sure if i could use the word "arse" so opted for the more "subtle" way of putting it...

BUT seeing as other posters have used this word, i'm going to let rip... ITS AN ARSE!

I know, I know... my humour has hit rock bottom!!!

Thanks for being fairplay with us rdunk

Kindest respects

edit on 1-5-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

It's a MOON ON MARS! It is definitely an interesting shape for a rock.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Looks like an arse to me.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Breaking :

Rock on mars moves

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

It is an interesting picture though. Just been having another look in a totally non perverted way of course. Certainly does stand out from the usual rocks!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My first thought was maybe Sir Mixalot could do a Mars remix of "Baby got Back".

2nd

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
My first thought was maybe Sir Mixalot could do a Mars remix of "Baby got Back".

2nd

Oh no... not that remix!?... what a bummer!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hey, Man...! That ain't no rock...! That's the famous Martian Cammo Sand Slug...! (Sic)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Aye its definatley a mars arse. They are all over the place up there.Scientifically known as the "Arses of Mars" or "Marsius arsius" if you prefer the latin. They are quite a sight to behold, especially The colossal hairy one in
Gale crater which periodically throbs a venusian pink ( depending on the weather).

Its also common knowledge now ,that Nasa always airbrush them out of images because they are so powerfully erotic, We simply couldnt handle it.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Don't worry, some people on ATS think THESE are rocks:

d38zt8ehae1tnt.cloudfront.net...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Erm, i am not going to comment on that one as i have never been and do not wish to be banned for violating T and Cs...

Although, interesting image that looks like a possible geyser spouting freezing water due to pressure under the martian crust?? (although saying that, i will be honest and say that i have not got a clue what i am talking about, just throwing out a wild guess without thinking as i am in a hurry!)

Wasn't this image also said to have been a volcano at one stage or another?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I do not think "anomaly" means what you think it does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join