It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think Magic Lantern has something for the T5i now...
though its still the same pixel and sensor size, but a bit more in iso.

Best bet is to see if intergalactic fire will let us borrow his equipment haha...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Anything in the 100 series would a decent choice. 600d, 650d, 750d even the older 450d and 550d will do fine for AP from what I've read. You probably will only get them second hand. Not following the Canon brand that much.
Otherwise the Nikon 7000 series would be an excellent mid range choice but won't accept canon lenses of course

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Best bet is to see if intergalactic fire will let us borrow his equipment haha...

Ooh I wouldn't mind borrowing my equipment at all. Just let me know when you're in the neighborhood

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Yeah, I was joking around heh... even if I used your equipment my images still wouldn't look as great as yours. Though that would be cool to visit... and do a star party. ; )

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Last year has been a good year for me in terms of astrophotography progress. Learned a lot regarding imaging, tracking, guiding as well as stacking and post processing.
Here are some of my results from this last year and this year so far.

Camera: Nikon d610

Optics used: 50mm f1.8
TS72 scope f6/432mm + field flattener

Guiding: TS 50mm mini guidescope and ZWO asi120 mc-s

N-America and Pelican Nebula

Orion and Running Man Nebula

Wide Field Orion Constellation

California Nebula

M81 M82 Galaxies/Bode's

Andromeda Galaxy

Rosette Nebula

Sadr Region in Cygnus

Flame and Horsehead Nebula in Orion

Iris and Ghost Nebula

Elephant Trunk Nebula

Pleiades

edit on 7-4-2019 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

Flame and Horsehead Nebula in Orion

This one's really amazing, I keep going back to it to it to ogle

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks!!
I've made a starless version of that one too, a bit more of an artistic approach.

If you're interested you can check my Flickr page, slightly better resolution

www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Whats the best way to mount your telescope ALT/AZI or Polar? Been wondering just what the differences are with tracking and slewing I just got a ETX 125 planning on getting into astrophotography. With it polar mounted will the AudioStar tracking system still work ?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You guysngalls make the most awesome spacepics. I am not equipt to do such skilled photography nor do I have the patience to engage such an time consuming hobby. I should never have anything to post in this thread. However, yesterday around 19:00, a nice fireball was so kind to streak above my home. I happen to have a 180° security camera installed to capture the space above my house, for them clouds are dramatic all the time.

It will be my only chance, ever, to come close to being an amature astronomer.

Thanks for my 20secs of fame.
edit on 21/11/20 by D.Wolf because: some grammar stuff corrected.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ARGH... so awesome... so many great pics and an excellent video.

Just got bit by the astronomy bug again recently after the discovery of astronomy binoculars (Something my eyes can actually see through), my next step is to pick up a qaulity camera again (mine died during the ruck march at bastogne a few years ago during a blizzard) and trying to figure that out will be my next step in an expensive hobby.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS I’m asking for some advice. I’ve basic astrophotography with my camera (setting shutter speed to 20 seconds etc) but now I’m looking at getting a star tracker. Just curious if anyone uses one here and what tracker would people recommend

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello ATS I’m asking for some advice. I’ve basic astrophotography with my camera (setting shutter speed to 20 seconds etc) but now I’m looking at getting a star tracker. Just curious if anyone uses one here and what tracker would people recommend

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I think intergalactic fire used a Skywatcher Star Adventurer, not sure what he uses now. I have read reviews on it, I think the app is outdated and can crash, etc.

I wanted to get the Celestron Advanced VX mount, but kept putting it off because I was using Slooh telescopes lol... and now the VX is twice as much, seems everything went up after the China bug. I also cancel my subscription with Slooh after the canary volcano eruption, the ash clouds = less telescope time.

I have been thinking about getting the iOptron SkyGuider Pro for my Canon T6i... though the T6i is very limited for astrophotography, but better than the T3 that I was using. Nowadays they make phones with better cameras lol.

This is one of the images I did with Slooh...

edit on 22022228pm282022Sun, 06 Feb 2022 16:22:15 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Amazing ♥️♥️♥️♥️
a reply to: Hellhound604

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
That's sooo cool !!!!
a reply to: alfa1

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm really impressed with what a phone can do nowadays... took this image last night with my phone.

Milky Way view in my backyard.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I'm really impressed with what a phone can do nowadays... took this image last night with my phone.

Milky Way view in my backyard.

That's impressive. Great shot.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Thanks...
I'm absolutely amazed at what I can capture with only a phone camera, even on a cloudy night!

Took these tonight with the phone, it was a bit cloudy...

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Crazy... only using a Galaxy S22 Ultra on a tripod. 🤪

cropped images:

Mars / Pleiades 01/14/2023

Tracking comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) Magnitude: 7.03
Feb 14-15, 2023 with 20% cloud cover

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53 >>

join