It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger jet seconds from hitting UFO over Glasgow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

A PASSENGER jet was just seconds from crashing into a UFO over Glasgow, an official probe has found. The Airbus came within 300ft of the blue and yellow object as it flew at 3,500ft above the city. The shocked pilot radioed the airport’s control tower saying: “We just had something pass underneath us quite close. Have you got anything on in our area?” The tower replied: “Negative. We’ve got nothing on radar.” The pilot later said there had been a “high” risk of collision as the object “loomed ahead at a range of 100m” as the Airbus A320 came in to land in sunny weather.

I am putting this up just in case anyone is inclined to investigate. It was obviously a very serious incident with nothing registering on radar. It could have cost lives.

www.thescottishsun.co.uk...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/5/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

“Well maybe a microlight.”

Could be anything...pilot seems to agree that it could be a glider or microlight.

Its The Sun, they print anything to sell papers

edit on 30-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Quad-copters are a new 'threat' too, I suppose. They usually just go up, then hover about, get some nice photos etc... There's no regulation on them in the UK. Pretty sure people could even fly them into restricted airspace if they wanted. Mind you, flight time is usually only 15-20 mins at the most. I think we should brace ourselves for some kind of calamity involving a quadcopter or drone in the not so distant future, whilst regulation/flying rules pertaining to them are still non-existent.
edit on 30-4-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am not sure about control towers & radars etc, can anyone tell me what exactly the radar can pick up?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I may be wrong but I don't think quad copters can fly to heights of 3500 feet ?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
True, I guess the quadcopter thing doesn't really corroborate the story posted.

But this video may show a quad-copter reaching 2500 feet, so I wouldn't rule another 1000 feet out as impossible myself...

Just sayin'. Cos I'm sure it's just as likely to be true UFO too
Not going to dispute a pilot's claims. Reminds me a little of this old classic ATS video too:

edit on 30-4-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
another report.........

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Well if you discount gliders or Microlights,RAF Machrihanish on the Scottish Western Isles,dubbed as Scotland's area 51, is very close to Glasgow,maybe an encounter with TR-3B/Aurora or a stealth drone?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Another report by the BBC here..

I'm surprised there aren't more people commenting on this...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Flying Scotsman

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This thread beat you to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It was just a 'Wingsuit' enthusiast on his daily practice flight. He had gotten up extra early that day and saw the weather was just perfect for a flight, so up he went and somehow got blown into the flight path of a passenger jet. In the panic the pilot had an 'adrenaline' hallucination and therefore mus-identified the wayward wingsuiter when they crossed paths.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

Well if you discount gliders or Microlights,RAF Machrihanish on the Scottish Western Isles,dubbed as Scotland's area 51, is very close to Glasgow,maybe an encounter with TR-3B/Aurora or a stealth drone?

Machrihanish was shut down mate, no longer operational, although you are correct in that it was once rumoured to have based 1 of 3 TR-3Bs in Europe

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by malchir
This thread beat you to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread was posted before that one..

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I TOOK THIS VIDEO THE DAY IT HAPPENED!

I live exactly where this happened and I took a video of what I thought was something strange, what must have been just a few hours before this incident.

This is strange, but most people I've talked to pass it off as some kind of lights, but you gotta admit this is a pretty massive coincidence.

I see this in the sky for the first time ever (lived here all my life) and then a plane almost collides with an unidentified object a few hours later.

Coincidence...?

Heres the link if I fail to embed it:

Video
edit on 1/5/13 by SaltireWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No way on this earth would the UK MOD fly a drone on a commercial flight path, unless it was out of control at which point the ATC would have known. Microlights are unable to fly in controlled airspace (along with gliders), plus they are restricted to 2000 feet in this part of the world.

Its an interesting one, i'd like to know what time this happened and what the weather conditions were like.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just found this, don't know if it's been on here before.www.youtube.com...#!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndreasGilbertus
Just found this, don't know if it's been on here before.www.youtube.com...#!

That is one of the funniest and most blatantly fake videos I think I have ever seen, I'll star you for the laugh though

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Strathclyde police operate a blue and yellow helicopter out of Glasgow
2nd

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Strathclyde police operate a blue and yellow helicopter out of Glasgow
2nd

Hey, I ain't getting on no plane where the pilot doesn't know what a helicopter looks like

You seem to also be forgetting, that there are no fly zones around commercial airports, are you trying to say the ATC for the police helicopter neglected to tell the pilot, or are you implying that the police pilot screwed orders in order to fly there?
edit on 1-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join