It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphics department error... or a subliminal message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Might be a stretch here but I thought I'd drop it anyways...

So, I'm watching CNN waiting for Obama's latest press conference. Just before he was to come out CNN started talking about this story: www.cnn.com...

For a split second before the graphic of a map of Libya was brought up I saw this image flash quickly on the screen:

So, was this just a mistake from the CNN graphic's department or am I just getting better at spotting MSM subliminal programming?

Did anyone else happen to catch this? Thanx for listening, ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words. They actually had that "pop" up on screen? WOW.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Yeah. It was weird. I'm really hoping someone on ATS is a news recorder and can pull up the video if they get this thread. It happened right before the Prez started his press conference. If you know anyone who records MSM news I'd love to see CNN from that time frame again to make sure I'm not crazy

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It would be nice to see a video of the broadcast. It could be someone working there just trying to make a statement also, it doesn't have to be MSM planted. In the picture you put up I see "give up your guns or you will go the way of the Indians, stuck on reservations and deprived of what they had" But then I translate it to "Look, even the Indians that cooperated wound up the same way"

So how did you find a copy of the flashed image?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, as soon as I saw the image pop up I recognized having seen it before. It only flashed for less than a second (hence my subliminal hypothesis) but I was able to catch the "turn in your guns" phrase. When I typed that into an image search the image I saw was the first search return.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That is a billboard that was paid for by some local Colorado residents and gun supporters....

www.foxnews.com...

The news was probably about to run a story on it and accidentally crossed their images or something. There are 2 different billboards...that was most likely the other one they put up.
edit on 4/30/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Looks like someone at CNN may "Bucking The System" so to speak. If it was live someone else should have seen it as well. It's probably someone in the department who feels (like so many of us) that he has no voice and he/she is tired of what they are seeing. Just a guess... Sometimes we need that tiny piece of rebellion to want to fight another day.

Or it could just be an "Oh, crap"

edit on 4/30/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yup... hence the Graphics department error part
So now I'm gonna be watching CNN for a bit to see if that image pops up again in regards to a story after the press conference.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Those aren't the same picture. They try to say the same thing though.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many other ATSers actually watch MSM. I tend to watch it not so much for news but to know what others are being told is the news. But I am hoping that another member was watching and can confirm this. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a video feed of it throughout the day so I can hopefully post that video to this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Those aren't the same picture. They try to say the same thing though.

Yeah...I think they put up two different billboards. Regardless it is in the news and would have to be related since they are the same message....again, my guess is they were doing a story on it and accidentally put the wrong pic up at the time or editing department messed up the cut or something.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I can't imagine that a CIA/NSA-controlled news medium would post a subliminal that supported civilian ownership of guns. Had to be an out-of-sequence screw up or disgruntled patriot employee. I think there's some news now on their website about people offended by either that image or something akin to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Press conference is about over... Let's see if that image pops up in a story... Stop talking about stuff and things Obama and let my conspiracy flag fly

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

Its an anti gun bill board and it is causing issues among Native Americans. No subliminal message just another story...one that was coming up and the switcher switched to the wrong video...having worked in radio and television for 18 years...mistakes happen and I saw the story about this bill board and they just made a mistake...would be much good for a government subliminal message as its pro gun...remember we took the Natives weapons and then took everything else.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

When did they show the story about the billboard? Was it before coverage on the press conference? Thanx.

join