It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prolapsed Disc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by rickymouse

Bad advice to an alcoholic my friend!

Sugar turns into the same chemical, acetyl aldehyde that melts cartiledge. Other things contain the other chemicals that alcohols have, certain classes of tyramines that are needed to make the pain relief chemicals. Mustard triggers this event like coffee does and is a little stronger. Any food that contains glucosamine along with chonderite sulfate can help build joints. Soup made with a cartilaginous soup bone can refresh the joints.

I think we get addicted to the tyramines in booze. Try substituting smoked fish or real italian sausages if you are an alcoholic. Same for smoking cigarettes if you try to quit, start eating more mustard and you won't eat so much. Consume more niacin containing foods also after quitting smoking. Mustard only blocks the pain in muscles I think, I don't think it works on the spine.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

One other tadbit of advice. Try a couple of ice packs on either side of the L5/S1. Be careful of frostbite, make sure that they are covered with a cloth.

That has helped me as well. I use either one of those weight lose or ACE wraps to secure mine so I can still move about the house. It beats just laying there.

Frozen veggies work in a pinch, but unless you eat them once dethawed, you're throwing away money.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join