It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Plane Landing Gear Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

9/11 Plane Landing Gear Found

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- An aircraft part apparently from one of the airliners that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, has been found in Lower Manhattan, New York police said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Not seen this posted yet. Landing gear has a clear Boeing ID number. Location is apparently being treated as a crime scene.

It's amazing that something like this can remain hidden for twelve years. Makes you wonder what else is out there, yet to be found.

Not sure of the exact location, or the buildings it was sandwiched between.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
OK, posted already. Does the search actually work? Nothing came up.

Delete.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
inb4 conspiracy theorists say this was planted to discredit the truth movement.

Of course, they fail to understand that a LOT of plane parts were found in every single one of the impact locations, as well as body parts and luggage, but they conveniently leave all of that stuff out.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Already posted twice, its really not breaking see the two threads in other sub forum.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Of course, they fail to understand that a LOT of plane parts were found in every single one of the impact locations, as well as body parts and luggage, but they conveniently leave all of that stuff out.

See in my thread and in the other sub forum we have a good discussion they are doing this for another reason as well, and its not just to the truth movement.

By the way how do you explain the way they found 9/11 passports undamaged?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You did a good job. Never mind the thread police.

I saw your thread first before I saw the other one.

Let the little tattletail alert the mods.

Can't believe he drove by for that.

SMR

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The other thread is nothing but bickering so I'll post here instead.

It looks like rope and they are saying it's rope. Even saying now that it may have been lowered there.
Question is. Why ? Why would someone lower it there ? Hiding it ? Why ?
Could it be they tried to hoist it up and were never successful ?
Just more 9/11 questions I guess.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Also found were credit cards, jewelry, wedding rings, two items of mail, an airliner's itinerary, wallets, and other various items carried by passengers, including the UAM card of one Lisa Frost.

An airplane crashing into a building and turning into a giant fireball is a pretty chaotic event. In chaotic events, chaotic things happen. It's not implausible for things to survive. If his passport was the ONLY flammable thing that survived the event, sure, you'd have an argument. But innumerable items also survived the event.

Compare this to what happened to the Columbia Space Shuttle. After the disaster, they found canisters of worms that were on the shuttle. The worms, by the way, survived the disaster.

So is it plausible that a passport survived? Sure. Is it remarkable? A little bit. But a lot of other things survived.

I guess the big question is: Why, of all things, would they "plant" a passport? What purpose would that serve, exactly?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I guess the big question is: Why, of all things, would they "plant" a passport? What purpose would that serve, exactly?

You asked why? Did you answer the question within yourself? Why oh why would there be a completely intact passport of one of the supposed perps found?

Could it be it fit in with the narrative??

Kinda like the story that is being rewritten right now about the Boston patsies, oops I meant bombers.

You can't be that naive.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
From the OPs article

Investigators are looking into how a part of what appears to be landing gear became wedged between 51 Park Place -- the site of a controversial community center -- and another building, just a few blocks from ground zero.

"We are cooperating fully with the appropriate authorities to make sure this piece of evidence is removed with care as quickly and effectively as possible," said Sharif El-Gamal, president of Soho Properties, the owner of 51 Park Place.

The building had been the site of furious protests, pitting those opposed to putting an Islamic center near ground zero and those who say it is a center meant to bring people together.

Also From this article on Nbcnews

Officials said the soil below the piece of debris could also be searched for remains.

Police officials say the part could be difficult to remove, and may require demolition work that would destroy the two surrounding buildings. Officials are expected to be back at the scene on Monday to see if it can be removed.

Seems to me that if they want to make sure that this Mosque does not get built for quite sometime is to claim yes this part is in fact from one of the flights which hit the WTC buildings on 9/11 and to also state that they found something else there bones, dna, a wallet ..... etc and order demolition as part of further investigation. Also the timing of this is very odd all things considered (imho). As I get older and older I am finding less value in the belief of coincidences.

I know that the previous paragraph was pure speculation on my part. It does lean towards a conspiracy angle albeit a small one, but considering our government would you be surprised? I as always will be anxious to hear more about this situation and will until then stay on the fence about it.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 26/4/13 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

edit on 26/4/13 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

edit on 27/4/13 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

There was no question that planes were used. The notion that no planes were used were started by people who were hired to smear the movement.

Isnt it odd that it is found behind the 911 mosque that got so much controversy?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

So are you one of those who think all 911 conspiracy theorists believe in the "no plane" theory? That's a very fringe theory by the way with a very small percentage of followers.

Based on your second comment it sure seems like you believe all or most people who question the official story are part of the "no planes" camp.

Wow, I just have to point out that so often when I see people making disparaging comments about conspiracies they very often make it clear they know very little about the subject.

Of course there are debris. Even in a bombing all the parts and pieces are still around, they just break into often very small pieces. Part of the forensics in those cases if to gather up all those parts and re-assemble them. People have this weird belief that violent explosions or collisions vaporize everything and while it does happen to some amounts of certain materials for the most part the original components are still around, somewhere.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Some are bartering the fact that "maybe" it was lowered there to discredit the truth movement....

Has anyone thought of the opposite, someone saw it a long time ago and tried to lift it but the rope broke, and they left it hanging there...

But, it is a big piece for someone to have as a "trophy" (if you can call it that) at home.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

There were even parts found at one site, from a plane which was not even supposed to have been involved! Lots of parts, wrong plane. I believe that was the pentagon impact unless my memory fails me.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Um, to make people think there really were hijackers on the planes that crashed into the towers, whereas they were NOT on them.

The oddity about an alleged hijacker's passport being found was NOT that it managed to survive the fireball, fires and collapse of the tower, contrary to what some 9/11 truthers have argued, but that it was found at all. Very convenient. And very implausible. The perps knew they needed to to prove that the hijackers really were on board the planes they remote-controlled to crash into the towers and so they planted a passport in the rubble. Of all the passports of the hundreds of passengers supposed to on Flight 175, the one found was that of a hijacker!

If you believe that was likely, you'll believe anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Why would someone lower it there ? Hiding it ? Why ?

Maybe because that's the only way it could get there.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Some are bartering the fact that "maybe" it was lowered there to discredit the truth movement....

Has anyone thought of the opposite, someone saw it a long time ago and tried to lift it but the rope broke, and they left it hanging there...

But, it is a big piece for someone to have as a "trophy" (if you can call it that) at home.

More like a metal thief saw it and tried to get it to sell for scrap.
The thieves out here in calif have taken 4' x 8' x 1" steel road plates that weigh 1300 lbs
www.cleveland.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by andy1972

More like a metal thief saw it and tried to get it to sell for scrap.
The thieves out here in calif have taken 4' x 8' x 1" steel road plates that weigh 1300 lbs
www.cleveland.com...

Amen to that brother, here in Spain the thieving gypsy bastards and the Morrocans and the Rumanians ( all equally thieving bastards) steal the rails from the train lines and the copper from the electricity grid and telephone lines leaving villages cut off...scum. Wouldn't suprise me at all.
edit on 27-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Kelly said there was rope tied to one part of the gear, raising the possibility that it had been lowered. He added there weren't marks on the buildings: "It would have had to fall down at a certain angle." The location happens to be near where a controversial mosque and community center has been planned. The Post reports, "A lawyer for the proposed 'Park51' mosque claimed the landing gear was planted by opponents of the project — a theory Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said cops would explore." The object was noticed by surveyors (hired by the owners of 51 Park Place) yesterday who then contacted the police. Kelly also added, "If you see how confined this space is, and you realize the chaos that existed down here on this street, it's not surprising. It's very, very confined. No cleanup went on in this 18-inch space between these two buildings." There is a Boeing identification number on the gear, but the National Transportation Safety Board hasn't checked it against the two 9/11 flights yet. Sally Regenhard, whose firefighter son died on September 11 and who opposes plans for the Park 51 mosque, told the Daily News, "The main goal was build, build, money, money, money, the hell with human remains, and this is what we have today. Some people say, ‘I’m shocked.’ I’m not shocked," adding, "This is a legacy of failure and disregard. Perhaps finding the fuselage now is finally going to make people realize this." NBC New York reports, "Police officials say the part could be difficult to remove, and may require demolition work that would destroy the two surrounding buildings. Officials are expected to be back at the scene on Monday to see if it can be removed." Kelly said, "I think it really is an historical artifact, and we want to make sure it doesn’t involve any human remains." The police have secured the area as a crime scene and the Medical Examiner's office will sift for remains.

Gothamist

I wouldnt doubt it was lowered. Pretty convenient location huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join