It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm looking for dream interpreters, psychics, mystics, or generally open minded Christians to help me with a dream I had not too long ago.

I took a nap today. Usually when I have to get up early for work, I don't get much sleep, so I end up coming home and taking a nap. Every nap like this produces a vivid dream, sometimes lucid, although they're not always memorable.

Today I had one such memorable dream of a highly religious nature, but I believe it may also be esoteric.

I don't remember too much from the dream other than this short string of events:

I woke up in my bed in my dream with a man over me (he wasn't ON me, he was literally over me) and he was crowning my head with something, and telling me I was initiated into the 1st degree of Freemasonry (what makes this even weirder is, I'm actually PRO-Freemasonry). He then pointed me to a picture near my wall that used to be a picture of my great grandmther, and on it was a "Bible verse" (in quotations because it's not a verse that's actually in the Bible).

The verse was exactly like this: "God is Saturn and is in contention with the dude." (For some reason I thought of The Big Lebowski when I saw this). I also remember some time later going outside and feeling like I was on the right path to find the answers I'm looking for.

I've been, for some time, doubting spirituality and the afterlife, but things seem to be pointing me where I need to go look. This dream seems to confirm I'm on the right track. I definitely came away with a really good feeling, like God was telling me something that I needed to know.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Dreams usually have very much to do with the dreamer.
I would say the first degree thing is like your faith and will being tested and your faith has prevailed, and you now have a degree of honor.

"God is saturn and is in contention with the dude."

God may be being limited in your mind by thoughts or ideas/beliefs you have of Him. Your ego and flesh goes against God because it is a paradox which tries to limit and label.

You subconsciously understand this and that is why you feel good, because you are again expanding.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't quite know much on mythology or symbology, but Saturn is sometimes considered analogous to Satan. Not saying that this is true or anything, but could it not be a deception of Satan? There are many references of deception by Satan during the end times.

2 Thessalonians 2:9

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,

There certainly could be more to it that that, but who knows?
edit on 26-4-2013 by Dantose because: I can't word good

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are certainly degrees in free masonry. There are unfortunately a few Christian caught up in it. Free masonry apparently provides a sense of strong comradeship and belonging to members but it is very deceptive.

I knew of a Christian who was a free mason back in the 90s. I showed him some of the deeper hidden rituals and doctrines of the organization and he promptly renounced his membership and discarded everything he had to do with it.

It's serious and spiritually deceptive, and therefore it is not the true path God would have anyone on. The truth is only found in Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

join