It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti US deployment protests in Amman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's pressTV but still worth a mention if the information is correct

100's of Jordanian citizens have protested in the countries capital in opposition to the deployment of US troops to the Syrian border. The protesters have said they don't want to see a US led invasion of Syria based on false intelligence allegations similar to what led the US into Iraq back in 2003.

Hundreds of Jordanian protesters took to the streets on Friday to express their opposition to the planned deployment of 200 US troops in their country, AP reported.

The demonstrators said the deployment could be just the beginning of a process that paves the way for US interference in the Syrian unrest. They also burned American flags.

"No to US troops in Jordan. This is not in our national interest," the demonstrators chanted.

Along with the protests American flags were torched and the Islamic action front which is the opposition party in Jordan have also asked the government to reconsider their decision on the deployments. The situation seems very similar to what the Turkish citizens were doing when they found out foreign hardware was being deployed to the Syrian border in their country. Interesting times and though I'm not a Muslim, I think it's great that the Jordanians can show support for their brothers next door. Whether it makes any difference, who knows. As for the flag burnings, well I disagree but it seems to be a trend over there and if it makes them feel better, OK.
edit on 26-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I don't blame them for protesting as the increased presence of American troops usually brings more "democracy" and it doesn't help that their King is a corrupt puppet who sells out to the highest bidder.

As for the flag burning, I see no harm in it as it's only a piece of clothe and anyone who is offended by a piece of clothe being burned seriously needs to get their priorities straightened out. That being said, it goes both ways, all the religious extremists Christian, Muslim, Jew...etc...should calm down when their religious books are burned as they are nothing more than a piece of paper. I am not religious so maybe I am desensitized to the issue but regardless, I hold no allegiance to any flag, book, or boundary as these factors are what is wrong with the world today...the divide and conquer technique they have implemented seems to be working exactly as planned.

If I ever ran out of toillet paper, the flag would be the next thing I reach for...just saying

( too bad I don't have any flags
)
edit on 4/26/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have got nothing against people protesting especially when it's peaceful and for a cause like this. But I will be keeping an eye out on the Western media to see if they give it a mention or keep it under wraps
Your right about the flag burning and the rest of the crap but unfortunetly we have some real patriots running around in our countries and they take these sort of actions to heart... I couldn't care less, just a piece of cloth as you said.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This isn't a positive thing. Jordan is among the last allies the U.S. has in the entire region. That's a stretched relation after the Manning leaks of the State Department cable database too as I've read it. Some of that traffic was personally infuriating to the Amman Government and King himself. Still..We're seeing good relations and it's about all we have left.

If Jordan falls (and it MUST fall for the overall plan being worked in that region to succeed) then that pretty much kicks the United States to Israel and Israel has nothing but mortal enemies left around it ...again. Kinda like the presetting of it's past wars before opening day.

Of course, I'm sure that fool Kerry is treating this as nothing of any importance to pay attention to and 'move along now...nothing to see'.

Who is the Ambassador to Jordan? Maybe he wants to take some family time about now ..... Ambassador Stevens would have done real well with that change of scenery in the last days he still could have, I'm thinking.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Reported by

Miami Herald

www.miamiherald.com...

Not many protesters but USA needs to mind its own business..
edit on 26-4-2013 by ispyed because: Changed newspaper source

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I sincerely enjoyed reading your post as you made some very good points

There is one portion where I slightly disagree though:

If Jordan falls (and it MUST fall for the overall plan being worked in that region to succeed) then that pretty much kicks the United States to Israel and Israel has nothing but mortal enemies left around it ...again. Kinda like the presetting of it's past wars before opening day.

I see where you might get the impression that Jordan must fall to complete the "overall plan" in that region, but in my opinion Jordan is already a US/NATO puppet and are perfectly fine in the eyes of US/NATO just like Saudi Arabia is considered to be another important ally in the region.

In my opinion, Jordan is no threat to American or Israeli interests as long as their current leadership remains in power, I do not see an "Arab Spring" succeeding in Jordan as it has in other countries in the region, not that I consider any of these uprising to be successful considering the aftermath of each individual victim of these "uprisings". The CIA has no reason that I can think of to cause and fund a revolt in Jordan.

We saw a genuine uprising in Bahrain, but due to their good relationship with the West, the uprising was brutally squashed and not much was said about it either. This is why I believe if the citizens of Jordan were to revolt it would not "succeed" as the CIA and their local puppets would have no reason to overthrow the Jordanian regime.

Perhaps I misread your post so if I was totally out in left field please feel free to correct me because I would hate to wrongly portray what you posted.

Cheers.
edit on 4/26/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think the Jordanian monarchy will fall.. If anything got too out of hand they would give the people some Saudi treatment. Theres another ally btw

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The difference I think comes in how I see what we're all watching. I think the media and much of American leadership are seeing this as islolated or only the most loosely related actions around the overall region.

I think that's a very ignorant view of history and how it relates to the successive fall of nations from Algeria to Egypt and across to the violent suppression of dissent in Bahrain and much more. I really think we're seeing more than loose connection, whether it's openly claimed by those doing it or not yet.

A good % of the last 1,000 years saw the greater North African and Middle Eastern regions controlled as a unified Empire or Caliphate. As it stands? There are only a few nations left which aren't either in various states of anarchy to roll into a larger order which may emerge or stand outright opposed to the general trend which has taken over across so many nations now..

Jordan and Israel top the list of those physically impeding any such outcome. The 'war within the war' of Shia being stomped into history by the Sunni may be related or may be yet another parallel agenda running at the same time. Hard to say in that region where games come within games for the politics and strategic picture.

Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong ...but I think the end game is something like the United States of Arabia, extending out across North Africa.....just as history shows it has for so many centuries in the not too distant past.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The current Jordanian king was trained in special forces operations by the US.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
If I ever ran out of toillet paper, the flag would be the next thing I reach for...just saying

Don't look now, but there's a drone hovering over your head...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
These kings are the most suspicious creatures on earth.

They dance with bush and some times they claim to be enemy of USA.

Just google how the princes are living in these countries.

They enjoy too much heaven and they maybe giving back a lot on the other side.

What matters for Arab kings ?

1- Hold the power.
2-Transfer it to their sons.

At any cost

I can not find the results I wanted in google , maybe I will find the clue and post it.
edit on 28-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Thats the issue I have when it comes to the blame game in the Middle East. Those Monarchies are doing nothing different to Assad and Iran have free elections yet they are the bad guys and these Kings and their families just slip under the radar whilst funding and training extremists, protester brutality and what ever else they have been acused of. Nothing makes sense anymore.. Its actually a joke really.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This is not some thing new in history.

Muslims are themselves the root of many of their problems , but west and specially USA is turning the heat on these people.

Like when you hear , 1600 people in Iraq embassy

Those people are not serving American immigrants in Iraq , they are spies which can connect more then 1000 people each one. And that is how they get their bombs planted , guns transferred to Turkey , helping Kurds fight Iraqi govt in east , ......

US is really supporting division of middle eastern countries. And after dividing , it is going to conquer them as Corruption Exposed said. By the local dog , Israel.

Iraq is eventually seperated into two states a the they want to divide it into Shia and Sunni states.

They are going to divide by tribes , two.

Here is how different tribes are living together in Iran,

So , they are going to Divide western Kurds of Iran and Iraq and Turkey and make new little state of Kurds. As well as other tribes in Ira and every middle eastern country.

Kings are enjoying their women , wine and power
Extremists are fooled to be killed to go get the best prize.

Others are caught in between these people and west.

It was the simplest analysis I could give of the situation. It worth looking for it's credibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Maybe it isn't anything new but it's more the hypocracy of our goverments that gets me. Human rights calamity in one country while the other has a constant green light to kill and arrest who they see fit. Though the rights groups may pick the problems up, nothing seems to get done when it comes to an ally, just the others. As for the rest of what you wrote (seen it after I posted), it wouldn't surprise me one bit and I'm sure Israel are licking their chops also.
edit on 28-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Not all governments are planing to take over the planet , not all govt have used nuclear bombs , not all govts are using MSM. Not all govts use nuclear bombs , not all govts use chemical bombs ,....

Read the history of US wars and then tell me burning a flag is more harmful or burning a city.

As for the rest of what you wrote (seen it after I posted), it wouldn't surprise me one bit and I'm sure Israel are licking their chops also.

So ,dig the truth for yourself and see if I am not exaggerating , If I am not lying. If I am hiding some thing...

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
During this annual exercise in Jordan you always get a small number of protesters. However, for the most part the people are extremely friendly and welcoming. I always enjoyed my times in Jordan.

new topics

top topics

join