It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alleged Leader Of Hacking Group 'LulzSec' just arrested in Austrailia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The Alleged Leader Of Hacking Group

us.news-republic.com

An unnamed 24-year-old in New South Wales, Australia, was arrested for defacing a government website, the BBC reports.
This individual is the "self-proclaimed leader" of hacking group LulzSec, a splinter group of Anonymous, the BBC says.
The group has waged several high profile attacks against major organizations like Sony and the CIA since forming in 2011.
The alleged hacker is charged with two counts of "unauthorized modification of data to cause impairment" and one count of "unauthorized access to restricted data," which has him looking at up to 12 years in prison.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow! This is a HUGE arrest, I am anxious to see the guy when they release more on the arrest. Just when I thought that anonymous and these other "hacker" groups were just a figment of the gov. imagination and were just trying to use them as cover for internet censorship. We will see what comes out of this. Now, if they could just get their hands on anonymous, that would be huge. I wonder if they have not messed with anon is because of the reprisal they would likely recieve?

us.news-republic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
nah he isnt the leader... but good story.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Do you have something to back that statement up?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Accessing restricted data? Wow.....so....who exactly gets to decide what data we can/can not watch? TPTB!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Do you have something to back that statement up?

I don't knwo if he means what I'm gonna say but they don't have a LEADER, it's a group of like minded hackers who work together, probably started by the FBI or CIA fron the beginning, that way kids do the hardwork and get in trouble and the CIA and FBI get whatever it is the want done removal of internet rights etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Well.....private information is private for a reason. Would you want every one going through YOUR personal information?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

True, but he may very well be the founder of the operation, someone had to have started it right?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is terrible!
Leave the hackers alone all they are trying to do is protect you from your own government that is trying to kill you!
Wake up man!!
Know your enemy.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

They will say he went to jail and we will find out years later that he's working for Facebook. Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

According to unsealed court documents released yesterday and obtained by the Wall Street Journal, Monsegur was "proactively" cooperating with theFBI, helping the government agency build its cases against alleged hackers. Monsegur's work with the government became an around-the-clock job, as he stayed up all night at times coaxing alleged hackers into conversations that were recorded and eventually used against them by the FBI.

Sabu, who was claiming to be a leader of anonymous was actually an FBI snitch. He set up a bunch of wannabe hackers for FBI to nab them.

Perhaps this guy will end up being an informant as well.

Link

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its from the msm, who's to say its even real!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its from the msm, who's to say its even real!

I think the important part is the threat that all these stories emphasize, as does the OP's story
"We'll lock you away forever if you dare to threaten us"

The rest is irrelevant, they just want you all to read the threat.

edit on 24-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by jjsr420

Well.....private information is private for a reason. Would you want every one going through YOUR personal information?

ahahahah yeah right! the goverment here in the states goes through your personal stuff all the time and calls it national security even claiming that there is no privacy on the internet "cispa"then they do a 360 and give jail time for doing the same crap to them its total hogwash
edit on 24-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I seen this on RT yesterday. I don't think it is the actual "leader". He is a low level tech...

Since the initial Australian police report, several of the country's publications have outed the suspect as Matthew Flannery, a support technician at IT security provider Content Security, contracted by the larger firm Tenable Network Security.

Flannery, who was known online as Aush0k, was evidently arrested at his place of work by the Australian Federal Police, though his employer seemed to downplay his level of access to any customer data by describing him as a “low-level support tech.”

rt.com...

-SAP-
edit on 24-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

That's not exactly what happened. Sabu was caught by the FBI and he made a deal, they all have a 'tell' to let the others know if they've been compromised.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
what happened the last time the government said they caught the ring leaders lol they caught people who downloaded a kit that allowed the real hackers to access their computers ahahahah

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE. OI! OI! OI!

Who'd a thunk it, eh?

I should probably say something meaningful so this post doesn't get deleted.

LulzSec makes me laugh. I'm sure this guy isn't the leader. According to LulzSec they don't have fascist inventions like "leaders". Are LulzSec an offshoot of Anonymous? Those guys were the ones that watched V for Vendetta one too many times, right? Actually I really like some of their actions. The Westboro Baptist Church action to stop them picketing the funerals of Newtown kids was especially good.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Archie because: clarity

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I saw this on the news last night.
I think the law will make an example out of him.
He's going to go to prison for a long time.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by eXia7

That's not exactly what happened. Sabu was caught by the FBI and he made a deal, they all have a 'tell' to let the others know if they've been compromised.

Yeah, either way he still became a snitch to save his own hide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join