It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing "Bibleman"! And a host of other kid-oriented indoctrination tools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Bibleman has just come to my attention, and I have to say I find this pretty noteworthy.
I understand that some ATS members may think he's wonderful, and trick out their kids' playrooms and bedrooms with this stuff, but again, my concern is that these kids are being heavily indoctrinated via playthings, movies, even their own "Bibleman" illustrated Bible.

So, I want to get thoughts from you all.
Is this a good thing? A bad thing? A capitalist thing? A brainwashing thing?

There is no question that the far-right is striving to indoctrinate their kids early, and thoroughly. What we, the general public, think about it is what I want to address. Apologies in advance for offending anyone who promotes this "promotional" stuff, but I believe it deserves to be here for scrutiny and discussion.

So, here he is, without further ado:
I give you "BIBLEMAN"!!
Isn't he something?!
Here's his Bible: read the description below it for the names of his accessories -

Description

Kids love Bibleman because he's more than just a superhero - he's a hero for God. Introducing the official Bible of Bibleman.

Armed with: the Sword of the Spirit,

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
not to be confused with the almighty Athiest MAN!!! HE HAS NO GOD!

WHY whenever i post any pictures do they never show up other then a link.. annoying.
edit on 24-4-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Wow.
Amazing. There is a whole set of Jewish action figures, too, as well as Bible Action Figures such as Moses, Samson, David, and Jesus. Yep! A talking Jesus Action figure. I saw one in real life over the weekend.

They also make "God's Girls" Barbie-style knock offs. (They only cost half of what the Male action figures go for).

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
He has a lightsaber?

edit on 24-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well I think he looks cooler than Captain America

Why does this offend you so much? Maybe you could come up with a naked, gay, interracial arch enemy and call him Sin Man? He could carry a joint instead of a sword
Win Win

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

This is kinda skirting that "Thou shall not make any graven image" thing, isn't it? And besides, wasn't this considered Satanic less than a century ago? Incidentally, I find it interesting that he wears gold and purple: purple for royalty, gold for royal currency. Seems they still have a thing for tradition.
edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is my new favorite Super hero!

Almost as good as JC himself....

reply to post by Bone75

And by the way, "Man of Sin" already exists...

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: bibleman

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Do we have a "Man of Cos" and a "Man of Tan" as well? Otherwise, the Trigonometric Trio is incomplete!

edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Well of COURSE he does!!

@ AfterInfinity, check out what else you can purchase for idolatry!!

Here's a doozy...the Pope, Moses, Jesus and God Almighty...sold separately

Of course there's also the African Heritage version:

Here's one you can crucify yourself!

Deluxe playset:

A well-done-you thumbs-up Jesus!

This one apparently could be a formidable side-kick for Bibleman, eh?

Now, make no mistake, there are also Jewish action figures, Hindu action figures like Shiva and Krishna, and more.

edit on 24-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It shocks me more than it offends me, and it causes me to worry for the little children.
But yeah, no doubt they'll have plenty of "Sinner action figures" they can duke it out with and skewer.
And THAT does offend me!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Kinda reminds me of this cute little video:

I would totally pay to see it.

link   

With Islamic terrorists indoctrinating young Jihadists and our own Government using television, radio and public schools to turn our kids into mindless zombies; this is what keeps you up at night?

link   
bible man has a lightsaber?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

LOL!

As one of the YouTube commentors says "No.no, no, no...The stupid burns!"

But when you're up against the evil "Sesame Street" and the evil gay agenda of the "Teletubbies" I guess they have to do something!

OH NO! They're teaching kids to hold hands!

MUST CALL BIBLEMAN!

edit on 24-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can just see a council of religious indoctrination (CORI) sitting around a large boardroom table discussing the outdated ways of religious indoctrination and brainstorming about how to bring the sensationalism of a superhero to a new action figure that will more easily impress the younguns, who are too engaged in video games and movies to pay attention at Sunday School.

Hopefully, these kids will grow up and realize the truth about their brainwashed youth, as I did. Today's level of scientific education should help them realize that Bibleman is just like Spidey. Pretend.

Windword beat me to the video.

edit on 4/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It shocks me more than it offends me, and it causes me to worry for the little children.
But yeah, no doubt they'll have plenty of "Sinner action figures" they can duke it out with and skewer.
And THAT does offend me!!

But little kids playing Cowboys and Indians is perfectly okay? Kids pretending to shoot each other and wage war over ethnic differences is perfectly acceptable? Understand, I'm exercising equality here. You can't disapprove of an activity simply because it offends your sensitivities.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Anyone who indoctrinates their kids to hate others for their beliefs is equally awful.
This seems as bad as Hamas to me.

It's fueling the fire and fanning the flames of hatred. And it WILL all blow up in our faces if it's not addressed.

I recall as a little kid we had tiny "Cowboys and Indians" sets, and "Army sets". They were about 2 inches tall, tops.

As for public schools "turning our kids into mindless zombies", that is not what this thread is about. But yes, this stuff keeps me up at night.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hahahah OMG SO CHEEESY!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Again, see my previous post.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Here you go:

You have to upload them under the tools tab in ATS Uploads, then use them as pic files in your post.

Good image, though...!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join