It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It was just us" says the Boston Marathon Bomber (CNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has indicated that his older brother, not any international terrorist group, masterminded the deadly attack, a U.S. government source said.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who has been hospitalized with a tube down his throat since Friday, communicated with investigators by writing and nodding.

The preliminary interviews with Tsarnaev suggest the two brothers fit the classification of self-radicalized jihadists, the government source said.

Tsarnaev has conveyed to investigators that Tamerlan's motivation stemmed from jihadist thought and the idea that Islam is under attack, and jihadists need to fight back, the source said Monday.

The government source cautioned that the interviews were preliminary, and that Tsarnaev's account needs to be checked out and followed up on by investigators.
- CNN

Personally, I think his older brother was recruited and had a handler, but it is possible the little brother was never aware of such an affiliation.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wonder how they got this boy to so cooperatively offer up this incriminating statement? Sounds suss to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

At this point, withholding his pain meds would likely do the trick....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More than likely he will say anything. He is alone. He is afraid. He is surrounded. He is hurt. And he is just a 19 year old, who has went through quite an ordeal. The momentum leading from the bombing to the hospital, is over. His brother is no longer there for support and now he is definitely being held responsible for his actions,not an easy thing to do at 19. I am sure that not even the best of medical personnel can contain disdain, and contempt for every moment on duty. Hatred can be an insidious thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

At this point, withholding his pain meds would likely do the trick....

...and we only have their word that he wrote it. A bit like how we never saw any proof of Osama Bin Laden being killed, we were just told it happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't able to talk ever again, one way or the other!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
I wonder how they got this boy to so cooperatively offer up this incriminating statement? Sounds suss to me.

I'm thinking that Dzhokhar was so impressionable that his brother used him, and now reality is setting in. I think he tried to kill himself because he realized he really screwed up by participating and, not that he didn't want to be taken alive, but rather didn't want to deal with the consequences.

Of course, his willingness to talk is probably also helped by LE, and everything they said to him/threatened/coerced intimidated and scared him.

Unlike Holmes and the others, this guy was just a pawn—and impressionable—by his brother, IMO.

The mother or aunt said how much he looked up to his brother and how he would follow him. I believe that.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So . . . this 19-year-old kid successfully proved in one sentence what we've all known for years . . . the FBI is full of crap.

Wasn't it just yesterday we were supposed to believe this?

Yeah . . . uh-huuuuuuh.

Acted alone . . . sure . . . I believe you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

...and we only have their word that he wrote it. A bit like how we never saw any proof of Osama Bin Laden being killed, we were just told it happened.

Of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First they say it was just them then this.

Bombing suspect tells investigators, in writing, brothers conceived attack on their own, motivated by religious fervor
religious fervor? this was why i am doubting it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes he looks like innocent young guy and cute too, but it doesnt mean he is innocent. In his twitter account there were some weird tweets and people he tweeted with this weird stuff have removed their accounts or those has been deleted. Im sure investigators have access to everything twitter wise its like facebook nothing is really deleted. While they do their job i find this shout out of he being not guilty rather ridiculous. There are so many wanna be Sherlocks who tends to know better than those who have profession and resources and who also do that for living.

So wait and see.. dont see false flags i see investigation in progress ( the real one )

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
haha Even if he was connected to a group he isnt going to TELL is he? He probably still loves the group who he has martyred himself for. Dont be so naive - of course hes part of a wider group its called Al Qaeada and all this nonsense was started with the magazine Inspire.
edit on 23-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Religious fanatic they mean by that....

Meaning they feel " anti west" and that Allah is not approving of the Wests actions.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Because the brothers were nice looking and pleasent in manner no one seems to want to believe they did it.

Funny, but I think the second brother cant pronounce his name, anyway, lol... I reckon he was as dangerous as the older brother who was a boxer. Just alot more academic!

edit on 23-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The kids didn't have jobs, and had nice apartment (from the stories) and had expensive clothes.

Someone was paying something..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

this is my main question, i'd like to know where they got the money for the weapons, apartment, and clothes. They could have been living off of their parent or maybe student loans?
edit on 23-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Religious fanatic they mean by that....

Meaning they feel " anti west" and that Allah is not approving of the Wests actions.

Thats what they said to about 9/11 Badess who hate our freedoms because of there religion. As usual it seems easily buy it off.

Well at the same time the government is supporting Sunni Islamists. Or more rather terrorists

edit on 23-4-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well most normal Muslims may not like what others believe that is contrary to Allah, but to each their own is the general thoughts. How do I know? I live in Algeria, I'm married to a Muslim, and anyone who thinks blowing people up for a perceived attack on their faith is definitely not the norm. I really don't think its religious belief behind this. This smells of politics.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well at least the government source is saying in the last paragraph, that they are not taking his word alone for it.
That seems reasonable enough. I do think it is about time though that the 'bag dropping' footage should be shown, and that the glass on the pavement needs an explanation, and that the so-called bomb bag picture remains an anomaly. Most of all, since wer'e told there was an intention to carry out more bombings, why did the pair parade about so much on a day when there were as many cameras as people, along with the plethora of CCTV. All these things still make no sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just like Sandy Hook, its now nearing May still No CCTV school footage i wonder why not? taking the time to make it look better?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
-The anti-Muslim sentiment is odd to me.

Conspiracy or not- Muslims were always quite peaceful towards the United States and never seemed to harbor any ill will towards us. It seems to me that if there is anti-US sentiment among Muslims, we should look at all the factors involved since things are never so black and white as 'they hate our freedoms" or "evil religious fundamentalist" except maybe on Faux news or MSNBC (or CNN...But you get my point.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join