It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research: Bush's Voters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Today I did a little bit of research on who Bush's voters are. I found that George W. Bush receives the majority of his electoral votes (180 to be exact) from states with a low population of people that have graduated from high school. Here is what I found:

- Attero

Edit: it seems that since we're in low bandwith mode that the image will not show up (it is a jpeg of a page in the US census bureau's pdf report on education per state with my own research added)...

[edit on 4-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
actually,

many southern states have higher educational standards than northern ones throughout most of their districts. The low garduation rates you cite actually reflect the mostly black areas that vote Democratic. I'm not being racist here... I'm just pointing out that poor performance stats that people point to when trying to make Bush supporters look dumb actually refer to the non-Republican voters in mostly african american areas (like the Mississippi delta region).

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You might have voted for Bush if:

-Your state's got a new law that says when a couple
get divorced, they are still legally brother and sister.

-You got stopped by a state trooper.
He asked you if you had an I.D.
And you said, 'Bout What?'

-You think God looks a lot like Hank Williams, Jr., and heaven looks a lot like Daytona Beach, Florida.

-You think the last words to
The Star Spangled Banner are
"Gentlemen, start your engines."

-You think watching professional
wrestling is foreplay.

-Your grandfather died and left everything to his widow.
But she can't touch it until she's fourteen.

I'll stop now.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is the image actually appearing for you guys, because I can't see it when I view my own post...?

- Attero

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I love watching all these guys make dumb hillbilly jokes,

Guess what? You lost.

Guess what? You're going to keep losing.

You might want to consider actually having kids and raising them instead of aborting them. You might find that it could halt the northeast's decline into electoral nothingness.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is great.. My thread is going to be unrecognized by as many people as it should because the image containing my research is not being showed because of the low-bandwith mode.

- Attero

Edit: I know a few moderators have viewed my thread, can I please get a response as to why image which contains my research is not being shown - is it because of the low-bandwith mode? I sent a U2U to Seekerof and haven't gotten a response (it's been like 30 minutes - and he's online).

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm just gonna whine a little bit more - my image is not showing up because I uploaded to my ATS account space. I'd think about putting it on an alternative server but it'll probably have even worse allowable bandwith.

- Attero

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
I'm just gonna whine a little bit more - my image is not showing up because I uploaded to my ATS account space. I'd think about putting it on an alternative server but it'll probably have even worse allowable bandwith.

- Attero

Whine away. I'm pretty sure my high school had a moderate to bad graduation rating, but is one of the best public school counties in the country.

Their annual budget is about 1.5 Billion for our county alone.

So mums the word on that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
actually,

many southern states have higher educational standards than northern ones throughout most of their districts. The low garduation rates you cite actually reflect the mostly black areas that vote Democratic. I'm not being racist here... I'm just pointing out that poor performance stats that people point to when trying to make Bush supporters look dumb actually refer to the non-Republican voters in mostly african american areas (like the Mississippi delta region).

You are going to get hammered for this but you are correct..look at my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Is the image actually appearing for you guys, because I can't see it when I view my own post...?

- Attero

Humm...and the poster is trying to point that "according to him"...Republicans must be stupid...

Can I ask what the heck is the point of this thread?..... If we got a nickel for every time we had to point out every stupid conspiracy theory that some democrats/liberals have posted in ATS....we'll be rich... Does that mean all liberals/democrats are stupid?....

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Listen, i'm just pointing out what I found when I did a little research. You may be correct that the states have low percentages of high school graduates because the schools are more difficult.

- Attero

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why is it when someone doesn't understand the other side of the coin, they have to claim those people are ignorance or stupid?

I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"I love watching all these guys make dumb hillbilly jokes,

Guess what? You lost.

Guess what? You're going to keep losing.

You might want to consider actually having kids and raising them instead of aborting them. You might find that it could halt the northeast's decline into electoral nothingness."

Both men running for President were educated in the Northeast which contains the best schools in the world. Don't you find that last paragraph a little ironic? Who is fooling who?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Why is it when someone doesn't understand the other side of the coin, they have to claim those people are ignorance or stupid?

I just don't get it.

You mean ignorant? Well, you can't quite deny what i've posted as it is fact.

- Attero

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

joi

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You might want to consider actually having kids and raising them instead of aborting them

Dear lord!
Ive seen the light. Im going to have about 10 kids and raise them all to be good god fearing republicans:::::yawn

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Karl Rove seems to think so....
"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans...
...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic,
which proves there can be too much of a good thing."
-Karl Rove

edit:
Oh yeah don't forget your one finger victory salute from Bush Himself...

[edit on 4-11-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You can quit whining, your flawed analysis now appears in your post.

Next time...do it district by district to capture an accurate picture.

I am sure you will be surprised by the result, judging from your pre-conceived bias.

We should hear back from you in about 27 months if you work 24/7.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
You can quit whining, your flawed analysis now appears in your post.

So you disagree that George W. Bush received 180 electoral votes from 16 out of the 19 states with the lowest percent of high school graduates in the population (25 years and older). That's all I claim - and I don't see how that is flawed.

Thanks.
- Attero

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So you disagree that George W. Bush received 180 electoral votes from 16 out of the 19 states with the lowest percent of high school graduates in the population (25 years and older). That's all I claim - and I don't see how that is flawed.

Thanks.
- Attero

Not a flaw in the actual claim, but a flaw it what it leads people to believe. Posting unqualified statistics is an abuse of that information.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The old adage...statistics don't lie, people lie with statistics.

Thanks for reinforcing that long-heralded truth.

here's a data point for you:

I graduated from high school
I graduated from a top 5 university in the country cum laude
I voted for Bush.

now...go out there and collect 25,000 other data points and report back.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by moxyone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join