It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oblivion, 2013 movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just watched it, weird #.
Anybody else made the connection with Mars?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think I am going to go watch it today.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No but I did make the connection between at least half a dozen other sci fi movie's they blatantly ripped off. Still though, for a Hollywood blockbuster, it was O-K.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot

What connection would that be then?

The film itself wasn't bad, but I've seen better....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I probably will wait till DVD, if civilization still exists then. I was kinda expecting spoilers. But, I guess I can look the plot up somewhere else. Maybe you could have explained the whole mars thing in better detail, but oh well. Thanks anyway for trying to make an interesting thread
no offense.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
1. The planet is radioactive through weapons: Mars allegedly after some natural nuclear meltdown/explosion.
2. The Moon was destroyed and parts fell to earth: Mars is scarred by some object that hit it.
3. Water is being removed from the planet: Mars had water in the past.
4. Cities burried under tons of rocks: Some people think that Mars had cities and claim to see evidence of that.
5. Ambiguous looking stones.
6. weird fuzziness in photography
7. people moved off-planet.

wallpoper.com...
The rock he's standing on. Is it a rock or a man made object?

www.filmofilia.com...
Football stadium looks crater.

www.crazythemes.com...
Ships look like rocks.

www.purehdwallpaper.com...
Single high towering object.

i.imgur.com...
Canyon.

edit on 21/4/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

The movie sounds awesome. But are there robots or cyborgs or whatever? I haven't seen it yet. But I would like too see it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot

Got about half way through and shut it off. Just didn't do it for me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

It's a nice movie but i'm not picky about Sci-fi movies, i think Battlefield Earth was a nice movie too.

They have drones.
edit on 21/4/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So the movie takes place in 2077 50 years after the war that crashed parts of the Moon into Earth.
2077 minus 50 years is 2027.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

articles.philly.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

Movie is 60 yrs after the moon crashed. It crashed on 2017, last major event before the crash was the 2017 Superbowl.

It is discussed in the movie.

____

I have discussed my PoV on the movie in this thread Oblivion and current Political situation. for anyone who is interested in different perspective.
edit on 4/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I actually quite like Tom Cruise as an actor, but I since finding out his affiliation with Scientology, I don't really want to support that via paying to see his movies...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Im not trying to be mean but what you are doing in unfair. He is a good actor, im not sure why he is picked on because of his religion(how do you know his religion is bad, and others are right?). Same goes with anyone, i'm not going to judge their cooking skill because they don't like Chinese food.

Pick you fav movie actor, and if someone comes to you and tell you that he is an okay actor but i don't support them because they are Christians.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I can appreciate what you are saying, but I see it this way.
Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight books, is a Mormon. She made millions from her teen paranormal romance books, and Mormons give a percent of their income to their church. The Mormons funded Proposition 8 (something I felt very strongly about, as it affected people I love very much).
Though my money wouldn't have made much of a difference either way, as they would have funded regardless, I couldn't feel right knowing some of the profits of the book or merch, or movies I was buying, was helping to hurt the gay community.

I know it sounds petty, but really, it's a personal thing. I'm not saying I HATE Tom Cruise, I said before, I really like his movies and I will watch them, but I won't pay to watch them, and I won't buy them.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I thought it was actually a pretty cool movie....

I liked it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

yes, im rewatching it now.

in the beginning of the movie , Jack the tech (Tom Cruise) character goes out to the Metlife stadium to retrieve and repair drone 166 (an interesting #).

The stadium sign at the top of the grandstands says "2017 World Champions" - and Cruise mentions "I remember that game...the last superbowl."

There was a war following. Considering today's middle eastern events, it is a very creepy coincidence...

new topics

top topics

join