It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris arrested in sex abuse inquiry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

A well-known Australian entertainer arrested in Britain over sex abuse allegations has been publicly named for the first time as Rolf Harris, by British newspaper The Sun.

The Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid reported that 83-year-old Harris was arrested and questioned over historic sex abuse allegations by police investigating former BBC star Jimmy Savile. Harris has not been charged with any offence.

Until now, Harris' name has not been published by mainstream media organisations, who have referred to him as a well-known Australian entertainer from Berkshire. That is despite some bloggers and social media users publicly naming Harris.

Source

Not Rolf Harris too. The guys a legend.
He has been arrested once in November last year and it was kept secret, but now The Sun have blown it wide open, but they haven't even said who or where they got the suspicions on him from. This now makes 11 celebrities to date who have been arrested since the Saville case.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How can he be 'arrested' and 'not charged with any offense.' ???

P

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't think they actually have anything on him, so they have nothing to charge him with? I'm not entirely sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
He was the one interviewed and whatever else happened back in November. He’s probably either done something or knows people who have.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
guess he should have tried harder to tie his kangaroo down sport!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
God I just seen this on the BBC I'm actually shocked he was one of my child hood hero's loved rolf cartoon club!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Personally I'm over all of this sh1t.

For gods sake, stuff must be close to 20 years ago or maybe more.

If people haven't got over it then maybe it's time to.

There are statutes of limitations on many other areas, how about a 20 year statute of limitations on this too.

just my opinion. I think there might be many others who feel like this but are scared to say so just in case they get bagged out by the many sanctimonious heroes.

so to those who think my comments are so terrible, give it your best shot

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I threw my hands up in dispair and swore like a sailor this morning...

Rolf bloody 'arris FFS! As much sympathy as I have for genuine victims of abuse - I dunno, this ones completely pulled the bloomin' rug out from under me. Just seem's like sad people who need a purpose in life are just trolling on this one, perhaps I'm wrong, but I do wonder just how many of these people who have come forward to report histrionic abuse lately are just the sort of people who ring up the fire brigade because they like the pretty blue flashy lights!.

Bet my mates gutted, Rolf's his childhood hero. I know ATS takes a dim view on swearing, but #etty, #, #!!!! Arrrrggghhhhhh!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure Rolf has more than one leg to stand on.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nooooooo! Surely not Rolf, please!

Who's gonna watch me platypus duck now, chuck?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'll wait and see if there are any charges before lowering my opinion of this guy.

I don't know the case details, but a "SEX CRIME" these days could be a friendly pat on a girls behind or saying how sexy she looks in her uniform. It could be as simple as that.

Also, It sickens me how the media throw these guys to the dogs with comments like ""Mr So and So was arrested by the SAVILLE police blah blah blah... However the incident is UNRELATED to saville"
Now they will be linked to Saville and peado sex even though it had NOTHING to do with it.

Rant over

But yeah, I will wait and see what comes of it first.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure I believe this one about Rolf, considering how long he's been married etc etc.
There would have been rumours if it was true, yet there was none.

I think this celeb-pedo business is a witchhunt to distract attention away from politicians and senior members of the royal family who have also been upto shady things.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I struggled believing that Savile had done anything wrong, and whilst there is still no evidence he did, common sense says otherwise....

But this is Rolf Harris we're talking about, I don't think he would even have it in him to nonce kids, or be some sexual pervert.

I hope to God he is innocent, people jokingly say "oh my childhood is ruined"...but it really is coming to that

I honestly think people are just jumping on the bandwagon here for a little bit of fame and/or money....or it is all fabricated to take attention away from something else.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I struggled believing that Savile had done anything wrong, and whilst there is still no evidence he did, common sense says otherwise....

But this is Rolf Harris we're talking about, I don't think he would even have it in him to nonce kids, or be some sexual pervert.

I hope to God he is innocent, people jokingly say "oh my childhood is ruined"...but it really is coming to that

I honestly think people are just jumping on the bandwagon here for a little bit of fame and/or money....or it is all fabricated to take attention away from something else.
Bah, sorry to use you as an example Woogleuk but this is what I was talking about.

Regardless of the charges actually being brought against Rolf, they were NOTHING to do with Saville or kids, it says so, right there, in black and white but because Saville's name was used in the same article, an ""innocent"" *and I mean that in the very broadest sense i.e He was never a kiddie fiddler) He will always now be tarnished as a nonce.

Even if he is found innocent in court, his life is now ruined.

If he is guilty of a crime, then he will be punished for that crime.

He was NEVER a kiddie fiddler!!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Bah, sorry to use you as an example Woogleuk but this is what I was talking about.

Regardless of the charges actually being brought against Rolf, they were NOTHING to do with Saville or kids, it says so, right there, in black and white but because Saville's name was used in the same article, an ""innocent"" *and I mean that in the very broadest sense i.e He was never a kiddie fiddler) He will always now be tarnished as a nonce.

Even if he is found innocent in court, his life is now ruined.

If he is guilty of a crime, then he will be punished for that crime.

He was NEVER a kiddie fiddler!!

Mr Harris, one of 12 people arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, has not yet made any public comment.

Source

Operation Yewtree is a police investigation into alleged sexual abuse, predominantly the abuse of children, by the British media personality Jimmy Savile (who died in 2011) and others.

Source

You were saying?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

The police investigation has three strands.

One is looking specifically at the actions of Savile, and the second strand concerns allegations against "Savile and others".

The third strand relates to complaints against other people unconnected to the Savile investigations, made by people who came forward after widespread coverage of the scandal.

Source

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I place my bet now that Harris in the 70s did a Roman Polaski. I mean that was the 70s right out of the 60s free love era.
Years later the woman now in the fifies with no money are thinking remember that time we had fun with Rolf now lets go take him to cleaners. If this gets settled out of court with a payment then he has gotten rolled big time.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

The fact he is called "Yewtree 5" to me suggests he has been arrested as part of the first strand, all available information suggests that.

Either way, it is in relation to the ongoing investigation over Savile and others involved in sexual crimes in the mid to late 20th century.

I want Rolf to be innocent just as much as the next man, but I'm not going to sugar coat it, especially as I was made look silly standing up for Savile.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

The fact he is called "Yewtree 5" to me suggests he has been arrested as part of the first strand, all available information suggests that.

Either way, it is in relation to the ongoing investigation over Savile and others involved in sexual crimes in the mid to late 20th century.

I want Rolf to be innocent just as much as the next man, but I'm not going to sugar coat it, especially as I was made look silly standing up for Savile.
"He has been bailed to a date in May pending further inquiries. The individual falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed 'others'."

Same source as before.

"Of the alleged victims, 82% were female and 80% were children or young people."

From your wiki-source..

So 20% weren't kids even in the Savile case.

Given that Rolf was "unrelated to the savile case" I'd bet it's not related to kids.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I never said it was just related to kids, I said "nonce kids, or be some sexual pervert. "

I stated both cases.

In either case, I will believe his innocence until proven otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join