It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops Stage in Jordan to Defend Al Qaeda in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Massive US arms/aid deliveries prop up Al Qaeda in Syria, while US troops stage in Jordan to defend terrorists they spent last decade fighting.

If I have read the appropriate parts of the "Patriot Act", This would mean the government of the United States is working in direct violation of it's own law. What with Al Qaeda being labeled as a "terrorist organization".

April 18, 2013 (LD) - CNN reports that some 200 US troops are staging along Syria's border, this as reports reveal huge amounts of US-provided flour smuggled into Syria have formed the foundation of Al Qaeda's public relations strategy. Together with huge amounts of US-provided weapons, the aid is fueling Al Qaeda's continued operations and atrocities inside Syria. The addition of US troops along Syria's border appears to be a response to recent and significant gains made by the Syrian government in stamping out terrorist operations nationwide.

If I have read the appropriate parts of the "Patriot Act", This would mean the government of the United States is working in direct violation of it's own law. What with Al Qaeda being labeled as a "terrorist organization".
You would think, even if they did not read the bill for the "Patriot Act" before they voted it into law, the members of congress should have had time for their aids to have read it by now. I say this because I doubt many in congress can read anything for themselves.

I am not totally surprised by this but it does call a lot of things to question by them sending in our army personell to do such a thing.

I would, of course, like to learn how such news is received with in the members of A T S.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Very interesting, how can they, after blaming 9/11 and various other attacks on 'AL Qaeda' ? now justify working alongside them ! lol this is just laughable.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

So now we have troops here, Israel to defend them against Iran, South Korea to defend them against North Korea.....Not to mention we are defending "the enemy".....WTF??

Where else we going to deplete our forces to?

Gotta keep some neighbors happy right??

edit on 4/18/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Where is the link?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wonder how those troops feel about giving warm hugs and strong support to the very same guys who were killing their fellow soldiers in Iraq until very recently ..and still ARE killing Americans like it's a big sporting event in Afghanistan?

That must be quite a position to now be giving aid and comfort by direct order to our enemy. Who would ever have imagined we see a day like this come and how long can a house so deeply divided, stand? The leadership has just about broken this big system we call America, I think.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh geeze .. I'm going to blow chunks! Someone tell me this isn't true!

Someone bring our troops home .. please!!

So much for hope and change.
This is worse than the last two years of Bush43!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh, now Obama is sending in back up for the CIA sponsored terrorist group Al Qaeda. I can't believe there are articles that openly say "Hey we're working with the terrorists that caused 9/11" and nobody but the wise and observant people can even see it.

We know that al qaeda isn't the enemy this time, considering they are our friends now.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So our 200 soldiers in Jordan are going to do.....what exactly? There are currently about 150 soldiers in Jordan, and 1st Armored is sending a headquarters element, which will bring the number to just over 200. That's hardly "massing in Jordan to defend al Qaeda". I'm sorry, I don't care who they are, 200 soldiers aren't going to do much against an organized trained army, even if they are fighting a civil war.

As for the "troops in Israel to defend against Iran", Israel doesn't need our help for defense. They have probably the strongest, most well trained military in the region. We had troops there for a missile exercise in October, but we don't have any there now that I am aware of. If we do, it's a very small number of them.

“If we had to go in there, it would be non-permissive,” he said, meaning that U.S. forces would have to defend themselves. “If it was a hostile environment, it would be a significant intervention.”

Source

Two hundred troops does not a significant intervention make.
edit on 4/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So let me get this strait. My government, the one I and thousands more went fought and lot died for. Is supplying the ones we fought and died fighting. The same ones that will kill and behead a westerner. The same ones that Im supposed to be terrified of and check the closets for every night. And this same government is trying to take away a us citizens right to protect ones own in a time of need by striping us of our right to have a gun. George Orwell couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think it's about time the US population starts demanding answers from their government. If politicians avoid answering these questions the population should use every legal means to remove these people from office immediately.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This was posted yesterday, it sure didn't go far after the fallacy of the statements were pointed out.

HERE

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Jordan sending fighters to Syria

Assad also condemned measures taken by Turkey and some of the country’s Arab neighbors to support anti-Syrian terrorists, and their attempts to start a sectarian civil war in the country.

He added that Jordan has allowed thousands of militants to enter Syria through its borders.

The Syrian government says that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.

Damascus says the West and its regional allies including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey are supporting the militants.

I find it pretty hard to believe that US troops wouldn't be training those fighters especially if they are on the Syrian border where the dirty rascals seem to keep getting through

edit on 18-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sorry about not posting a link to the article.

Check here:
[url=http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2013/04/surreal-us-troops-stage-in-jordan-to.html]

This has not been a good morning!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Two hundred troops does not a significant intervention make.

You are exactly right. two hundred troops are not much of a large group.

Would it interest anyone to learn that I knew several of the "advisors" who went into Viet Nam in the early sixties.

Even the longest journey starts with a single step.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
S&F

US is AlQuaeda...

and US taxpayers fund it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sure it does, but look at the time frame it took to have combat troops on the ground in Vietnam. Our first advisers arrived in French Indochina in 1950, but we didn't have significant forces on the ground until the 1960s.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Oh! Then I guess I should appologize for being such an alarmist.
After all, since my service in 'Nam was so long ago, I should be content in knowing I will not be called on to fight in any more of the wars.
It will only be by grandsons who will be sent to die for the politicians, as they sit back and watch.
There is little more "we the people" should be concerned about, because the politicians ALWAYS know best.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I didn't say that it won't happen, or that it couldn't happen. Simply that being alarmed over 200 troops that are there to train Jordanian troops is an over reaction. They've been there since last year at least, and not one of them has gone into Syria, or been close to any kind of fighting, except during training with Jordan.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If you would check close on the history of Viet Nam, you will see that the U S involvement there "really" started after just one soldier, and he was assigned to the embassy staff.
I fully realize nothing I do will stop our troops from comming under fire; my statement stands on the points of the law as passed by the congress. The entire government is involved in violating the "Patriot Act" which they found so necessary to pass quickly that they did not take time to read it.

I am very confident our troops will be dragged into more conflicts in the middle east and this will be allowed, even promoted, by these same politicians.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I didn't say that it won't happen, or that it couldn't happen. Simply that being alarmed over 200 troops that are there to train Jordanian troops is an over reaction. They've been there since last year at least, and not one of them has gone into Syria, or been close to any kind of fighting, except during training with Jordan.

Just read this statement from Hagel from the LA Times.

"The first U.S. troops are likely to arrive in Jordan this month, but most will go in May. They will be based at a Jordanian military installation," Hagel said. "Many in the initial contingent will be civil affairs officers, trained in providing humanitarian assistance.But the Pentagon has also made plans to expand the force to 20,000 or more if necessary, including bringing in special operations teams to find and secure Syrian chemical weapons stockpiles, U.S. air defense units to guard Jordan's airspace, and conventional military units capable of moving into Syria if necessary."

The escalation may start sooner than anyone expected.

top topics

join