It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by baccardi14

Thanks for the link! Scary...just because it wasn't a bomb that triggered an explosion doesn't mean this wasn't a man made accident... All they would have to do is start a fire.. I hope we can find out what started it initially. Scary coincidence with the guy and his "device".....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My posts keep getting eaten. Maybe I shouldn't post this!

This was probably an accident. Terrible, but accidental. But, given everything this week I was looking for connections, specifically with the Ricin suspect because the "I am KC and I approve this message" bothered me It seemed to hint at something much more and it felt religious to me. Don't know why, it just did. So I searched.
I found similar names in Waco but those people are highly unlikely to be involved in any way so let's not bug them or post their information. However, I also found a message board thread that, as near as I can tell was posted before the explosion.

"I am KC"

I AM = God

KC = Koresh/Cyrus

Koresh = Cyrus [which is why David Koresh chose the name.]

April 19 is Friday.

They were not discussion an explosion or Waco. Someone just discussed Koresh to explain the KC.
Creepy coincidence huh?

I am not sure if I am supposed to post links to other boards (one I never heard of) but I don't want to quote without credit either so I will just type the info...
lunaticoutpost.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
We were sitting outside and heard the explosion. There was alot of cloud cover and we have
some weather in th area so at first I thought it was thunder.

This is plastered all over our news now. It looks like an apartment building several hundred feet away
had its second story decimated. Also the middle school is on fire.

My thoughts to the families hurt and to the community. This will be big news for some time to come
for us

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just saw a video on facebook showing the explosion. It was massive! I can't get it copied but someone said they were showing it on CNN.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
its feared many of the dead are firefighters, as they were fighting the blaze earlier this evening

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cnn is back to Boston anyone have a link to local news streams???

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
woah, just heard on the scanner "Get out of there, you are in the hot zone"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
#BREAKING Hotline for friends and family to check on loved ones at Hillcrest Hospital 254 202 1100

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
woah, just heard on the scanner "Get out of there, you are in the hot zone"

Yup, they are quickly moving back from the sounds of it.

link   
Ok, this is getting freaky:

Evacuations underway for OKC tank battery fire

OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews evacuated residents in the area after an oil tank battery caught fire near N.E. 4th St. and Bryant Wednesday night.

Officials said a 1,000-gallon propane tank leaked nearby.

Authorities on the scene said lightning most likely caused the fire.

So far no serious injuries have been reported.

Yes, they said lightening, but WOW

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
video in this link of the live feed, rather

kvue.com
edit on 17-4-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
OMG, reading some comments on here, its like a NKorea launched a nuke. Everyone please calm down, It was a fertilizer plant...Fertilizer can be VERY dangerous....To calm some of you down. If a fireworks plant (which has happened a few time in the past) blew up would you all freak out and say "I'm buggin out". Sheesh.
For God sake when something really bad happens, (and it will) how are you people going to act.
edit on 17-4-2013 by kurthall because: fixed

And before everyone thinks I don't care, I do, very much, I hope there is not any loss, and pray that there are no deaths...My Comment was about those thinking that it is somehow all connected, and something bigger is coming...something bigger will happen, but it wont be connected to this.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
We were sitting outside and heard the explosion. There was alot of cloud cover and we have
some weather in th area so at first I thought it was thunder.

This is plastered all over our news now. It looks like an apartment building several hundred feet away
had its second story decimated. Also the middle school is on fire.

My thoughts to the families hurt and to the community. This will be big news for some time to come
for us

Same here, we thought it was thunder. We were inside our house and heard it (didn't feel it). We are across from the lake in Whitney.

They are telling people to pull back that it's a red zone and to go to the command center.

tunein.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is a link to the Google map of the area for anyone interested in following their movements. You can clearly see the locations where they are talking about on the map.

edit on 4/17/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by kurthall

Does it really matter how it happened? no its still tragic and worth the discussion

link   
damm

RT @GioBenitez: #Breaking: @ABC has learned at least 200 people injured (40 critically) in West, TX explosion, 75-100 houses/businesses ...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
CBC Newsworld has been on the story since the first tweet. They ran a quick interview with the deputy chief in Waco who were requested to send truck help to the plant area, about 4 miles south of West, 20 or so miles from Waco. Initially ten homes and the nursing home collapsed and there were firemen down. There were two distinct fire hotspots shown in the beginning.

Prayers for all involved. Everyone in Texas be alert and wary of the winds which I heard are expected to keep steady.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

We are not blaming Kim Jong or claiming terrorism....were just keeping up on the events and posting it for info purposes.

What's wrong with that?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
OMG, reading some comments on here, its like a NKorea launched a nuke. Everyone please calm down, It was a fertilizer plant...Fertilizer can be VERY dangerous....To calm some of you down. If a fireworks plant (which has happened a few time in the past) blew up would you all freak out and say "I'm buggin out". Sheesh.
For God sake when something really bad happens, (and it will) how are you people going to act.

the emergency director of a neighboring town stated 60-70 people are dead. if that gets confirmed, will you give people permission to break their calm?

i just hope that was misreported and its 60-70 injured, not dead. but i havent heard anything further
edit on 17-4-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by kurthall

the emergency director of a neighboring town stated 60-70 people are dead. if that gets confirmed, will you give people permission to break their calm?

Omg that's what I was afraid of

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join