It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Hopefully this is a bad accident. It feels like a bad accident. But with the Boston bombings. This is very scary and will cause people to think someone was behind this.

What a tool.... fifteen people died in this. Your wish is granted, and you're a callous moron.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousme333

Buildings that were miles from the site got destroyed too. Hell, the explosion was felt up to 50-60 miles away. Does that mean the people who lived that distance from the site shouldn't have been able to live their either?

Unfortunately, accidents like this have happened plenty of times in the past. You can plan for every type of contingency, but unfortunately, things like this WILL happen. Hence why they are called accidents.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I heard the plant was investigated for a lack of fire extinguishers a decade ago. Received a $10,000 fine.....which was later cut by half. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I wonder if this is a false flag for something bigger…

I had to say it, because G-d knows someone will…!

I pray no one got hurt or killed..

edit on 19-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
ANFO Ammonium Nitrate/fuel oil was what i used for blasting for years. it is safe to a point. as it takes a blasting cap plus a booster to set it off.
Ammonium Nitrate alone can detonate at about 1200 degrees.

One thing all firefighter are trained is NEVER fight a fire in explosives.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Hopefully this is a bad accident. It feels like a bad accident. But with the Boston bombings. This is very scary and will cause people to think someone was behind this.

What a tool.... fifteen people died in this. Your wish is granted, and you're a callous moron.

OKAaaaaaaaaaaaaY.........

Read that again and add "and not a terrorist attack" in your mind after "Hopefully this is a bad accident.."

I think its obvious that the poster isn't hoping for accidents to happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sen. John Cornyn says 60 people are still unaccounted for after the fertilizer explosion in West, Texas

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's starting to really concern me that we aren't seeing a more openly engaged, expert analysis, of the forensics of this horrendous explosion.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
New number of deaths in West, Texas, explosion now stands at 14, per Texas Dept. of Public Safety - OmarVillafranca

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

He's callous because he hopes it was an accident, and not a deliberate event caused on purpose? Who is the moron??

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think it's pretty unbelievable that there are only 14 deaths reported this far in. If this plant went off with the force described, felt 40 miles aways and dozens of homes entirely flattened, why aren't there more families missing. Also, given that McVeigh used fertilize in the Oklahoma City bombings and we often hear about how fertilizer can be used as a weapon, I'm surprised we're not hearing more about an investigations of this as a potential target. I saw a quote initially a few nights ago about it "being treated as a crime", but that information and most of the coverage here on the East Coast has all but dissappeared. Is anyone parsing the information, past the safety infractions, to who worked at the plant, whether they may have been infiltrated, and where the HELL the missing people are?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would expect this thread to take on more life now that the MSM will be departing Boston. If we don't see more in-depth analytical coverage...something is up.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
dble post
edit on 19-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81
I would expect this thread to take on more life now that the MSM will be departing Boston. If we don't see more in-depth analytical coverage...something is up.

I have been watching the Boston thing all day on cnn and have only heard a couple quick comments about this
edit on 19-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The question I'm waiting to be answered is what caused the fire?
I'm under the understanding that the explosion was caused by the fire.

I thought the fire department is responsible for going to businesses like this on a regular basis and perform fire inspections. When did they last inspect this facility?

On a side note...I was wondering if the fertilizer that was used to blow up the Oklahoma bombing came from this facility...and if karma was at work...

If this was a close nit community then the workers at the facility should have been spreading the word that the facility wasn't operating under safe conditions if that was the case...

I seriously doubt we will get the truth...but if we do...it will be enlighting moment.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I am getting tired of reading that anhydrous ammonia is widely used as a fertilizer.

Anhydrous ammonia is a gas at room temperature. It is also corrosive.

Here are the health effects:

Symptoms include burning of the eyes, nose, and throat after breathing even small amounts. With higher doses, coughing or choking may occur. Exposure to high levels of anhydrous ammonia can cause death from a swollen throat or from chemical burns to the lungs.
ndhealth.gov
It blinds you and can kill you very easily.
Is there anyone out there that thinks that a farmer applies this product to his fields???

This is the problem with the media, they apparently do think that a farmer would apply this to a field as fertilizer, they tell us that it is widely used as fertilizer.

Ammonia is a component of agricultural fertilizer. Anhydrous ammonia is not an agricultural fertilizer.

Ester of wood rosin is a component of some soft drinks.... ester of wood rosin is not a soft drink.

www1.agric.gov.ab.ca...$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/faq7758

www.tsask.ca...&%20Pressure%20Vessels/NEW%20FORMS/2010-03-002%20-%20IP%20-Procedure%20for%20Licensing%20NH3%20( TSASK)%20Rev.07-2012.pdf

Those links don't want to work. I just googled "anhydrous ammonia Saskatchewan". It's used there a lot. Lots of grain grown there.

There's a ton of drivers jobs for seasonal employment for this stuff to be transported to the farmers.
It's heavily regulated, you have to have a dangerous goods ticket to use it, and it's applied to the fields twice a year.

And it's definately the anhydrous ammonia they're using.

My husband used to transport the stuff, a few weeks in both spring and autumn, there's towns and cities the trucks have to drive around (not through), because the trucks are kept away from highly populated areas.

He was rear-ended once, at a stop light, there was also a cop there to witness, my husband immediately grabbed his gas mask (reflex), and the cop ran to a distance until he knew it was safe to come back and write up the guy who hit his truck.

Extremely dangerous, and the farmers have to take a short course to get their ticket to use it. It's used on all the large grain farms.
It's everything you said above, as far as the danger of the product.

edit on 19-4-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Fair enough... I did misread the comment. My apologies

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Seems like there's an effort to cover any and all topics but this on MSM.

edit on 20-4-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

*Edit* there is now some attention being given to the victims and emergency responders.

Not to detract from the tragic loss of life and those injured in this incident.... but it would be nice to see a bit more coverage on the How, who, and why. Has this been ruled out to be a complete 'accident' or was there some sort of nefarious action/plot behind this?
edit on 20-4-2013 by topdog81 because: additional info

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Aqualung, your profile picture is awesome given what my user name is!
edit on 20-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I got banned from Infowars forums for pointing this out, so hopefully you folks are a little more interested in this evidence.

forums.adamvstheman.com...

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join