It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slowly but surely the posts will come!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm so glad we have a flipping rant page because i really want to flippin rant.

Well any hoo as i always say and always will that doesn't make me a dope, either does this
or this
or any other flippin nice thing that i have to say or do, i just can't be mean and i am not saying sorry for it because i'm sick to the back teeth of ignoramises (me dads saying) telling me i wear rose tinted flippin glasses ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! comment about the glasses i do wear them at times but then they come of, read on.

I am 51 years of age i have worked up until 5 years ago when i took very sick (we shall just say its to do with the brain for now) i have a very nice pension so i don't sponge of the state and even if i did iv'e paid into it for years, opps i do sponge i get my rates paid a bit which helps oh and dla maybe i'm a sponger after all i'm sure someone will tell me soon enough.

Well any hoo my sickness..........for the well and abled out there i'm sure its a wonderful thing that you can all write back posts at the flip of a key unlike myself who can't and are a bit slow some days. I had to learn all over again 5 years ago and i'm now catching up with my 51 years slowly but surely (i'm at about 40 i think lol) somethings trigger a memory and bam away i go. I have to thank ATS'ers for that, yes all of you lot are tiggering memories i have forgotten lol even you evil ones out there and you no who you are (i'm on my knees right now praying wink wink) and other wee places i go into of course like fb as some old mates have found me but i joined ATS because after reading on the outside for a while i thought one day i would like to write a post in someones thread and i didn't no how until my daughter set me up with a stupid user name like Ballymoney50 tut (i wanted islandgir50) feck!!!!!! (can i say feck if i can't opps) I'm a christian mods i don't say the other one.

Well any hoo lol i really should stop that!! I sometimes get a lot of info back at times and my brain just goes on overdrive and i mean overdrive i get that many memories i write them all down as i think i'm great now i remember stages of my life, though my writing could improve lol, any hoo tut, sometimes after a memory (i just forgot how to spell that thank goodness i wrote it a minute ago lol) intake and getting back to what i see as normal i get a forgetful stage and i'm not going to go into the stages of that one as its none of your business lol but if i was going to bake or something all of the things would be sitting out until i come back again to remembering what i was going to do.

I stupidly started a thread some days ago and my daughter went and posted it thinking ya all knew me by now, she thought ATS was like fb and i knew half of you all lol (like why would i tell you i was as thick as champ at times and for those that don't no what champ is its taddies butter scallions chopped or as they say on the main land spring onions all mixed together with an egg thrown in if you like) but as it was i started WW3 yehar
all on my little own some. I ended up having a few bad days, "of course you did, i right some are saying" but that's ok i don't mind but i'm back at being old 40 at the minute and i remember things that happened 10 or 15 years ago a lot clearer than maybe i would at being 51. Oh and if anyone from my Maggie thread is reading this i'll be writing a few things you might not like so bring in on as they say. It clears the cobwebs having a good debate and i will be throwing in smiley faces when i can but at the moment i can't find where to put them. (i hear you thinking oh goody if there's no smileys that means she's going to give us a proper posting lol)

I'm back today as a 40 year old feeling like a 51 year old (arthritis) so i'm remembering lots of things from the past that my dad used to come of with and from the news. I am flippin glad i am because my posts on my thread are bloody awful (can i say bloody tut i just said it twice) i'm sure its ok saying that if its about myself and not anyone else! My off days......... i'm still ok its just my mind is else where and i can't for the life of me remember stuff, i have to call my daughter at times as i forget how to get back to the page i was posting at yes even going up to that wee arrow is like a doh for me when she shows me.

Well any hoo i'm back with you all for a while and i hope a good while because i have baking stuff that i put out a few days ago to make a fruit cake that didn't get made though i did make a cream cake while i was on my days of lol.

Please people if my posts seem a bit childish at times remember we can't all be whiz kids like you some of us do have a wee disability at times that hold us back but as one of my daughters says if you don't ask you won't get lol (daughter number 3 gave up a nursing career to care for me so everyone give her a wee clap and i'll show her) Oh and sometimes i put things back to front in a sentence so read it backwards to forwards and you will get what i'm on about it will make sense then lol.

Well my little rant is over and all i ask is for you all to take a bit of time with some folk and don't get me wrong you can be cheeky gits if you like just don't expect a cheeky answer back from me for a while lol but when i do write in my age bracket don't think "flip where i'd your nice woman go" i'm not saying feel sorry for me because i do enough of that myself at times just wait for me to get out of my hippy days to reply back in my own form
and don't say "well when your in your hippy days can you not tell us" no i can't because when i am i feel i'm normal, i nearly thought (as some already do here) when i came to from my little sleep in hospital and recovery that aliens had landed and gave us all these wonderful things like phones that talk to you, computers that send pictures and letters you wright around the world in a flash, i wish my kids would have took a video of my face when through a webcam i was able to talk to my cousin in Assie land i was like flipping wow lol. So much for the rant being over lol. It is now promise

Sorry if some of my sentences don't make sense just ask me questions and i'll give you the answer and please don't tell me that i should be meaner at times as i can't or won't, you should have seen me years ago i was a right able in your face type but i still had my forgiving to easy side, just ask my ex lol . Oh and now i talk to much lol i wonder if that's a side effect
i'm ready now so lets go.

I don't want any flags and i don't want any stars i just want you to read this please.
edit on 17-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: ignorance is not bliss

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I found this bold word up at the top of the reply bit and it worked i can't believe it and no body helped me lol computers are my down fall but my daughters getting someone to come to the house so i can get an exam done, first thing i'm going to ask is how the heck do i embed stuff to put in my posts and threads lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hurray for a delightfully rambling post.
I can almost see inside your head. You have every right to ramble or mix your sentences, many here do anyway.
Applause for your third daughter, see I read your whole post, LOL. Keep on posting and enjoy your memories as they arrive.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

I was frightened to come back onto the thread lol so thank you for the reply i wanted folk to just read it and to sometimes understand we cannot all be prefect some of us have wee handycaps and find easy things a bit harder to do, thank goodness for a pen and paper lol, i shall tootle of to bake my fruit cake as the stuffs been sitting there for far to long and its getting late and i can't put it of for tomorrow lol!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nice rant,don't worry what other people on here say or think.
Clap,clap,clap for daughter number 3 as requested.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

You seem nice and kind bally - something many people on the threads you have been posting on do not understand. That is because not everyone is like that - many are on ATS but some are not,
Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
ballymoney50, I guess I have not seen what others have seen. I first met/saw you on the Avatar Creations thread, I lurk there
. You seemed nice, courteous, humorous and sweet. You talked about your daughter and I quite liked you, had no idea you suffered from any disability. Just goes to show, we never know. I applaud your courage to 'come out' as it were.

I will tell you a secret. I usually always read threads that come from people's hearts on here, many ATSers suffer from a problem to do with health, chronic problems, debilitating to those who share. You would be surprised how many people here are suffering from one thing or another. The number is quite high. Don't feel alone, cause you aren't!

Some on here suffer from being insufferable
Nasty gets who can't wait to jump on someone they perceive as weak and berate them. They can't help it poor dears. My advice, take it with a grain of salt and consider the source

Lots of really nice, kind people here, don't let a few spoil your fun, or stop you from getting in there!!
edit on 17-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have read several of your comments, and you seem like a sweet lady!
Like others have already said, don't let anyone get you down. Congratulations on a wonderful recovery in 5 short years.
Just for your wonderful daughter

See you around!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

HI BM,

I read some of the posts on your Maggie Thatcher thread (I avoided all Maggie threads).

You took a bit of a beating on there from a few posters, which wasn't right; Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

You'll get used to it on here.

Everyone will receive hostile replies on here sooner or later, because not everyone agrees on the wide range of events; and it's how you come out on the other-side that will determine your strength of character.

If you get knocked down, pick yourself up and show everyone the fingers is my motto

And who cares about the grammar police? If people bash you because you have difficulty spelling or stringing a sentence together, screw them. They obviously aren't understanding enough to deserve your attention.

Oh, and rant away, that's what this section is for

edit on 17-4-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
thank you everyone

yepee i got posting at last

edit on 18-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: posts

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Thank you woodsmom sometimes it feels a lot longer let me tell you
x

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
compared to some of the posts have seen here .. you post rather coherently ... not had problem with attempting to translate them to my native language will admit english makes my head hurt ... especially when attempting to make sense of some of the ramblings one see's posted here ( will admit found a translate app for android that now use to translate pages to japanese making life much easier - now if only the app could make sense of the rambling posts that see at times...)

good that your daughter helps you out at times .. be yourself and dont worry what others may think

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just want to say thank you to Casandra as if it wasn't for her telling me to copy and paste as she's trying to teach me to embed stuff (still haven't a clue lol) my posts and messages would not have gotten anywhere
its great fun though as iv'e been copy and pasting anything and everything i see but some things disappear on me at times

Expat888 thank you as well for your post its very much appreciated

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Little number 3 daughter is planning to join us on ATS though i don't think she will be on any serious threads as she's just a happy wee bunny all the time
least she'll be able to embed stuff if she does write a thread or if it can be put in a post. Maybe she can help me before poor Casandra ends up knocking me on the knee caps with a mallet

I really need to go to sleep iv'e got about 2 or 3 laptops in front of me and i don't no which one to use

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Actually, I've lost my mallet so if anyone sees it just turn it into the ATS Lost & Found Department, please.

It's a pleasure to help, don't worry about it. I have a looooot of patience. You'll get then hang of it soon enough, you'll see

edit on 18-4-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The OP has a good heart, I can tell.

And in the end that's what matters.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you very much silent, though having a good heart makes your kids raid your bank account to often lol

pmsl Casandra

edit on 19-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I flippin did it lol thanks to Casandra, your a star Casandra

edit on 19-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: im a silly billy

edit on 19-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: im a dweeb

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
monkey madness

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I actually think the inability or unwillingness to be mean is a good thing. A very good thing. But that's me. Because like you I'm essentially a hippie. A younger hippie, but a hippie nevertheless. Don't stop being one to accommodate others. Be yourself and be honest and that's all anyone has the right to ask of you in my opinion.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join