It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that it's all over, how do you feel about the results?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now that the 2004 U.S. elections are all over, how do you feel about the results?

The Republicans now control all three branches of government -- Bush is President for 4 more years (without having to worry about reelection this time, since it's his final term), both houses of Congress have a Republican majority, and the two together will likely appoint and approve four Supreme Court judges. This election will likely effect the course of U.S. history for the next 25 years, at least.

There will likely be a political bloodbath in the Democratic party as an aftermath of this election -- a lot of party staff and strategists will be fired, the different factions of the party will begin the ultimate push for control of the party, and there will (hopefully) be a lot of inward retrospection about the party's platform, what it represents, and what it wants the U.S. to be.

How is the rest of the world reacting to this election? How do the people in Europe, Russia, China, India, Australia, Latin America, the Arab world, etc. feel about Bush's win?

What do you think the next 4 years will be like in the U.S.? What do you think the next 4 years will be like on Earth?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As a European I was concerned about what another 4 years of Bush would mean for the world.

..........Ah well.

My one consolation is that I hope you get what you voted for.

I hope Abortion is made illegal.

I hope Stem Cell research is made illegal.

I hope prayer is reintroduced to schools.

I hope Gays do find themselves discriminated against.

I know Europe won't send troops now to help the USA in it's little wars and so I hope your young men and women get the Draft.

I hope Bush continues with his tax cuts for the rich and I hope he does just as good a job with your economy.

Atleast he's not my leader and I don't live in the USA.

Goodluck!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
John bull Amen. Allthough the results may not be final even though Kerry conceded it is not legally binding. Plus there is also a freedom of information request for all voting records in the entire US. slashdot.org.../11/03/1815227 don't know what they'll find but if there was any fruad by both sides they will find it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How do I feel? Confused, embarassed, angry, depressed. I am sorry to say, but I feel ashamed to be a member of the group called Americans right now.

I need comfort food!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I AM THRILLED...NOW SOMEONE WILL COMPLAIN AND WARN ME ABOUT FREE SPEECH!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think a new war will come, maybe with north korea or even China. Bush will continue his search for oil, destroying everything on his path, goverments, countrys, people and at the end even america. But I think it is the right choise that bush remains on the throne because maybe america will now wake up and say we are doing so many things wrong and maybe than the world will change in a better way. I am only trying to say that bush has won dont has to be a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
John Bull you took the words right out of my mouth...

I have never felt more detached from my country as I do now...

If another person tells me "...I had to endure 8 years of Clinton, you will survive", I think I'll puke all over their face.

Can't they see that this is a totally different situation? Country before party? Give me a break...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have talked to many individuals who have shared in my sentiment that we have not felt lower about America's potential future since 9/11. Some have even contended that this is worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I feel exhilirated and impressed w/ the fortitude of the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

They made the right choice for America, and the right choice for the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
I have talked to many individuals who have shared in my sentiment that we have not felt lower about America's potential future since 9/11. Some have even contended that this is worse.

Maybe we could all move to the northeast and secede from the nation...lol they seem to get it up there.

I'm embarrassed and dissapointed with my country...this wasn't just another election...it was important in so many ways...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This election was a critical success that will safely guide America for a generation.

I knew I could count on the American people to shout down the rantings of the left at the ballot box, and they did.

US Congress
US Presidency
US Governorships
SCOTUS

What a resounding Victory for all!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
As a European I was concerned about what another 4 years of Bush would mean for the world.

..........Ah well.

I know Europe won't send troops now to help the USA in it's little wars and so I hope your young men and women get the Draft.

I hope Bush continues with his tax cuts for the rich and I hope he does just as good a job with your economy.

Goodluck!

Good call man. I'm english and despise bush with a passion. I supported Kerry, not as some think just because i hate bush, but because he has more than one brain cell, which is an improvment on the entire bush camp and his supporters. Shame the libertarian party didnt get more of a look in though.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I havent voted in 12 years until this election and from the outcome i can see my vote didnt count in the end. I have never been a person who really followed politics but in the past 3 years i really have started to change my ways and pay more attention to who was in power and how they used that power. Three months or before we went iraq i watched and actually paid attention for the first time when presidential address was aired. Within 5 minutes of listening to bush i could easily see how manipulative he could be , i watched as he told tales of torture in iraq and how little girls where being mutilated and played on the ameirican peoples senses, i knew that night we would soon go to war, he was doing the setup. Then a week or so later there are weapons of mass destruction and we have to go there to preotect ourselves. We spent a few million , went over there , started a war and low and behold the closest thing we have found to a weapon of mass destruction has been leftovers from desert storm. Bush has told nothing but lies since he went into office yet he says god is on his side and plays himself out like he is as whole some as apple pie and baseball and sadly aparently over 50% of the population fell for his dog and pony show.

Dont get me wrong im neither a democrat nor a republican and i really could have cared less as to who one the election as long as it wasnt bush. When i go to vote i just look at the ballot and decide who i think is the best canidate allot of other people will just vote democrat or republican i dont vote for either party based on what there party is i vote based on what i think they can do for the office if elected regardless of thier party.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Now that the 2004 U.S. elections are all over, how do you feel about the results?

Disillusioned with my fellow Americans... Left with questions about Diebold, etc.

The Republicans now control all three branches of government -- Bush is President for 4 more years (without having to worry about reelection this time, since it's his final term), both houses of Congress have a Republican majority, and the two together will likely appoint and approve four Supreme Court judges. This election will likely effect the course of U.S. history for the next 25 years, at least.

A scary thought, to say the least, that when faced with a foe bent on religious fanaticism, we are led by religious fanatics as well....

There will likely be a political bloodbath in the Democratic party as an aftermath of this election -- a lot of party staff and strategists will be fired, the different factions of the party will begin the ultimate push for control of the party, and there will (hopefully) be a lot of inward retrospection about the party's platform, what it represents, and what it wants the U.S. to be.

To say nothing of 3rd parties. They need to get their act together, and learn how to get their candidates known to the press, and to the American people. Likewise, Dems need to reanalyze the pulse of America, as there are obviously a lot of very quiet, yet very religious voters in each state (or Diebold is truly corrupt, and god help us if that scenario is actually true....I for one seriously hope it isn't)

How is the rest of the world reacting to this election? How do the people in Europe, Russia, China, India, Australia, Latin America, the Arab world, etc. feel about Bush's win?

Needless to say, I believe the world is deeply disappointed with the American public. The Arab world will, of course, be incredibly angered.

What do you think the next 4 years will be like in the U.S.? What do you think the next 4 years will be like on Earth?

An increasing defecit, a sagging economy, more lost jobs, further tax cuts to the rich, increasing international military action, a modified draft of some sort, and eventually WWIII. Thats what we just voted for.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not to be a "sore loser", but this is the darkest time for America I can remember. The religious fanatics have been given a pass, America will likely become the Christian answer to the Taliban. I agree with Lecky, I feel completely detached from my country. It's not a party issue, McCain I feel would be a great president. It's a life issue, and I feel this administration is going to destroy plenty more of it. We are now at the mercy of the warmongering far religious right, the line between church and state will vanish and so will our civil rights.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You can't change the fact that this war already exists. I wouldn't have trusted Kerry to not find a way to declare martial law, forget the draft.

But you still need 60% of the senate to vote for a bill to not have a lot of problems....and the republicans have something like 51-55 people. Also, if Bush screws up too much in this term, his brother wouldn't ever be elected president. Also, here is still a major divide between the midwest-southeast and westcoast-NewEngland people....and if we don't want to be looking at civil war pretty darn quick, he's going to have to be level headed, or more comprimising, like he was at the begining of his term in office. If he does go for a 2nd war, he will be impeached.
Oh, and yeah, let's go overtax the guy whose trying to MAKE MORE JOBS for our country...sorry, the poor can't give me a job... but I'm satisfied. He needs to do things more judiciously than he's had to do this past year with Kerry breathing down his neck.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

..........Ah well.

Goodluck!

Don't worry, if we needed your help in a war all we'd have to do is be high bidder.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
With the US$ down again immediately I can buy more of the US today than I could yesterday.

*silver lining*

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
With the US$ down again immediately I can buy more of the US today than I could yesterday.

*silver lining*

HAhaha you just read my mind MA, Im doing the exact same thing when the USD reaches .85 CND

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Happy,feeling as if god still smiles on the USA even with all of our problems and warts.And to all the unhappy euros out there,dont worry,we will stay home next time your a$$ needs saved.we may be a "stupid folk",just ask a self loathing liberal,but we know when we aint wanted.
good luck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join