It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Kerry or Edwards run in 08?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Do you think Kerry or Edwards will run in 08? Will the Dems back either of them or will they go for someone new perhaps Hillary Clinton?

Also any thoughts on who might run as a Rep in 08?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Providing the nation is intact enough to hold elections in 2008 I think it will be another republican win. The election this time will leave many democrats with a bad taste in their mouth in general that I think will spur many to not even bother voting in 2008, so without challenge the republicans will walk away from the table with the pot again. The offside to that theory is that with a lessened deomocrat showing 3rd parites may get more than 1%, or they could suffer the same thing as democrats and just not bother.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton would be my best bet. I was under the impression they were going to run her in 2012 if Kerry/Edwards got into office.

But since they're not, 2008 would be Hillary's Year

It would be funny it was Hillary 08 vs. Powell

Or even better Hillary vs Condolesa Rice

All the ****kickers who voted Bush in this year can either vote for a Black president or a female black president! That'll go down well in their ignorant minds.

Come on Dems '08! Save our World

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm still surprised that Al Gore didn't try to run for President again in 2004. Why did he decide not to run? Al Gore would have had more of a shot at beating Bush than Kerry did.

I think that the 2000 defeat, and especially the 2004 defeat, which was absolute, has done serious damage to the Democratic party. Historically, parties that have been so resoundly beaten usually never recover (the Federalists, the Whigs). But who knows?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Without a doubt it will be Hillary in 2008 for the Democrats. Edward's political career is over (he is going back to be a trial lawyer......yuck!) and I don't think Kerry will be planning to run again anytime soon. I don't want to take a guess at who her running mate would be.

I believe Giuliani will run for President for the Republicans. Hillary and Giuliani are exceptional leaders and human beings so either would be a great asset to this country as President. I guess the challenge is going to be to hold the US together for the next 4 years until the help arrives. Maybe Arnold will be a factor down the track as well as running mate or candidate if some laws get changed???

Interesting to see who will replace Fed Chairman Greenspan in 2006 as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Dems went with the left approach and it didnt work. They also went with a hard core party member and consumate Dem insider. I think alot of Dem elite held thier water and towed the party line and we may see a bit of a shakeout. With Daschle gone, the power is shuffling and there may be a certain measure of infighting. I think its premature to see who is going to be posturing for 2008. Figure about a year or so to sort themselves out and then we can see the overall direction of the Democratic party.

I agree it may be Hillary in 2008, but you have to wonder what Rove will drag from her closet or cook up for her

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
NO WAY WILL RUDY GIULLIANI RUN!

The president in 2008 will be John McCain, it is already a given, democrats have atleast 12 years to wait before they can EVEN hope to regain office, probably with Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm so tired of hearing that Democrats will stop voting now because of this election. Did you know there's been a few hundred elections since we became a nation? There's a winner, and there's a loser. Did all the people who voted for Walter Mondale say "I voted for Mondale and he lost so I'm never voting again since my vote didn't win"? Come on. Yeah, sometimes elections are landslides, sometimes they're close. There's always complaints that will arise about things. But to not ever vote again? I sincerely hope not. That would be very sad and cutting off your nose to spite your face is stupid.

For the question in this thread: Hillary Clinton without a doubt.

It has been my personal opinion that Hillary wanted Kerry to lose for that reason. If Kerry/Edwards won it would mean that in all likelihood she could not run in 2008. Unless she planned on running against the incumbent President in a primary on the same party line. I don't recall that happening recently. A 2004 defeat for Kerry means two fresh faces in the '08 election because OBVIOUSLY Darth Cheney isn't running for president then as he will celebrate his 130th birthday and probably be fully bionic by 11/08.

Republican side I can't really thing of anyone. People floated George Pataki's name but that would be hilarious as most people in NY wouldn't vote for him and most people out of NY haven't heard of him. Pataki was the anti-Cuomo candidate, that was all. He has no chance for Pres. Who then, Rudy? I don't know who else...

[edit on 11-3-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
OBVIOUSLY Darth Cheney isn't running for president then as he will celebrate his 130th birthday and probably be fully bionic by 11/08.

[edit on 11-3-2004 by Djarums]

That was great

I think your right its pretty much a given Cheney will not run president in 08

new topics

top topics

join