It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does someone Loathe ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think the Title explains it all.
Within the last few weeks the site as been down about twice and I don't think I speak for myself when I say that I've had numerous log in problems. I find it odd. But then again I am odd myself.

SO, It ATS loathed, if so then why?
edit on 17-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yeah! I have been having slow response time or the website will just be done at random times. Weird. It could a lot of traffic from users and visitors. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Thanks for your input. I tried logging on for about 20 minutes and the "is ats down" page said it had been down for a about 45 minutes.

I tried the back up forum and its getting spammed like nutz. 2 users are on posting post after post about some kind of pharmaceuticals.
edit on 17-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm sure Bill/Mark will be along soon with info. Someone out in the Google-sphere said that Mark's Facebook page indicated some sort of server issue.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

This thread explains what's been going on. These same people have been DDoSing other sites for a while now, but it's only recently that it has affected ATS. The admins are doing everything they can to keep the site up and running, but you can only do so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Thank you. I missed that thread the last time.

Give it to admin though, they do a great job of getting ATS up n running in a jiffy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ya, it's not lag, a tracert to the servers again shows softlayer as the failing point.

I dunno, but given they're supposed to be good at preventing downtime, they're seemingly pretty prone to it. Blackholing seems the only option that have.. at least from an outsider point of view.

edit on 17-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well, if i knew who kept doing this I would go out of my way to pee on their leg while standing next to them in a stall. They'd also get the kimish classic wink and a kiss. Yes, i'm upset, darnit. Because i am losing sleep over it. Lol. I read the threads to make me tired for sleepy time.
Yawn.

Yawn.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

This thread explains what's been going on. These same people have been DDoSing other sites for a while now, but it's only recently that it has affected ATS. The admins are doing everything they can to keep the site up and running, but you can only do so much.

That thread doesn't seem to explain anything. The OP and the post you linked to doesn't confirm anything anyway and I can't be bothered reading through the whole thing to find conclusive answers.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Jealousy is to blame for a lot of this.

Pepole loathe ATS because they loved ATS.

Peeps get banned, they want revenge.

I think we should listen to Winofiend here and go Blackholing. Just in case.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

HAHAHAHAHAHA! @ the picture.
If I had coffee in my mouth it'd be all over the keyboard right now.

You're right. Jealousy and envy do generate a lot of hate.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
.... I'm still amazed for such a suspicious thinking site your all buying SO's version that this is a 'disgruntled' former member.

edit on 17-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Touche` my good friend, touche`

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
.... I'm still amazed for such a suspicious thinking site your all buying SO's version that this is a 'disgruntled' former member.

Where did SO say that? It can't just be one member... unless that member has access to a botnet. The amount of power needed to take ATS offline would be pretty damn huge considering the level of traffic this website has to handle.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, I certainly loathe whomever is doing this. I was in the middle of a really good thread I need to try and get back into the mindset to finish now. Grrr.... One those really long and involved, but interesting ones. Non political and all.

Then along comes the anti-welcome wagon to break the flow. I do really hope those doing such things are being pursued aggressively. Loss of ad revenue, it seems to me, constitutes more than enough financial claim for standing to it being a federal crime issue.

Just my two cents and precedent of cases with similar things in the past.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Glad it isn't just me. I found this site helpful.....www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

It doesn't solve anything but it helps prevent paranoia.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Where did SO say that?

He said it Here (Link)

We have received some reliable information that a few people who were banned from here and GodLikeProductions.com for improper posting related to Sandy Hook were involved in the attack, and apparently are still focused on another round.

edit on 17/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: crisps

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Oh yes I remember reading that post actually. He mentions that it was multiple disgruntled former members, but I'm still very skeptical... it would need to be quite a few former members to pull off the attack. I just wonder how "reliable" the sources actually were.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Me thinks that there are some angry people with a lot of time on their hands. Guys like this.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I did have to take a step back and ask myself what I honestly believed though, because SO has been very fast with his replies about the issue every time it comes up.

On the inverse though, if this was my site, and it was camped day and night with obsessive, skeptical types, I would also be fast to reply to keep the CT down.

As if we get no info, some of the members begin finding their own answers, and some of those answers are not usually very comforting.

So either you are going to believe SO, or your gonna put the tin foil hat on and come up with an explanation you think fits the criteria.

I am on the fences still, on the one hand, it is in SO best interest not to tell us we have been invaded by a botnet that is worming its way through all of ours comps, but on the other, he knows some of us can find the answers floating around the web, and will likely post it up on multiple blogs and sources he cant delete threads from.

So truth really probably is the best bet from his perspective.

Just my 2 cents..........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join