It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im confused about the whole registering thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Im confused here, i havent voted nor registered to vote in over 12 years but i voted yesterday. I was talking to a buddy the night before the election and he said he wasnt going to vote becuase he missed the deadline to register my wife told me to tell him he didnt need to. I wasnt sure if she was right or not so i went down to the polling place and sure enough my name was on the list so i called my buddy and told him that he apparently didnt need to register and to come down and vote, sure enough he was allowed to vote as well even though he hadnt voted in over 12 years. Now whats correct here is the rule once your registered your always registered as long as you dont move from the district? Ive had several people tell me i should have been dropped from the voters list according to law but why wasnt i?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
interesting...

I thought that you had to register for every election, not once registered, always registered...

where are the resident ATS experts when you need them..

yoou whooo....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe once you are registered you remain on the registration list until you have to be removed by some legal reason. (that is what the back of my card says) You have to keep it updated though. Like if you move or something. But I think each state is different. You can contact your party's headquarters for your area or contact your city's election office & they should be able to answer your questions.

new topics

join