It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Entities, EMF Waves, Mythology, and how they all May or May Not be connected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ATS
Unknown Entities, EMF Waves, Mythology, and how they all May or May Not be connected

Good morning, ATS. I am 83, that is the name I'd like to go by.

Today I'd like to share just a very small snippit of some research I've been gathering on and off for a few years now on the "possible" connections between unknown entities, (what some may refer to as "shadow people" or "interdimensional beings") claims of other-worldly creatures that have purportedly been seen throughout history, "UFOs", and the possible tie-ins they may have concerning various EMF waves, or other waves and frequencies that naturally (or in some in some cases unnaturally) inhabit this earth, along with possible, 'and of course always skeptical ;-)', connections these exhibits may coincide with documented modern and ancient mythologies.

So, It will be quite the elaborate ordeal if you care to read on a bit more.

To start out I'll give you some references to Hooded beings, I know, nothing too BIG

Hooded beings

Even the Philippines claimed to have a history with seeing Hooded-Beings
Philippine Hooded Beings

Hooded-Figures were even seen back in 3rd century BC, and still they are reported to be seen today
Hooded Spirits Wiki Hooded Spirits (GeniiCucllati) in Gallo-Roman times

Daemon(Demon) Greek Mythology
Daemon

In Greek mythology there is Euryale, a woman who is known for her bellowing screams. This is interesting to me. Have you ever heard stories of people claiming there hear a woman screaming, but when they go to look for her but cannot find her? Is it our minds playing a trick, or is there something more lurking in the shadows of this world that we cannot see, but sometimes hear through the vibrations.
Euryale Euryale known for her bellowing screams

And what are the "vibrations"
External text::

Text16 to 32 The human threshold of hearing, and the lowest pedal notes of a pipe organ. 32 to 512 Rhythm frequencies, where the lower and upper bass notes lie. 512 to 2048 Defines human speech intelligibility, gives a horn-like or tinny quality to sound. 2048 to 8192 Gives presence to speech, where labial and fricative sounds lie. 8192 to 16384 10th Brilliance, the sounds of bells and the ringing of cymbals and sibilance in speech

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

As far as has been determined, brainwaves are influenced by these various frequency "vibrations"

As you may probably know already there's Gamma(30-70hz), Beta(13-30hz)), Alpha(7-13hz), Theta(4-7hz), and Delta Brainwaves which range from 1-4hz. These various brainwaves all comprehend these various "vibrations" depending on which state you brain is in at a given time.

For humans, hearing is normally limited to frequencies between about 20 Hz and 20,000 Hz (20 kHz)
But then we have something else also and it's "Infrasound" also known as low-frequency sound or also known as sound that we (purportedly) Can Not audibly hear with our ears. Although it can sometimes be felt within our bodies at high concentrations.

Beyond that there are even lower-frequency sound waves known as ELF waves (Extremely Low-Frequency) These are the kinds of waves used in deep underwater communications with vessels like submarines, usually military, since other waves cannot penetrate to the extent and depths as ELF waves can.

Elf waves can also come from Natural sources
Elf Waves ELF WAVES WIKI

Naturally occurring ELF waves are present on Earth, resonating in the region between ionosphere and surface. They are initiated by lightning strikes that make electrons in the atmosphere oscillate. Though VLF signals were predominantly generated from lightning discharges, it was found that an observable ELF component (slow tail) followed the VLF component in almost all cases. The fundamental mode of the Earth-ionosphere cavity has the wavelength equal to the circumference of the Earth, which gives a resonance frequency of 7.8 Hz. This frequency, and higher resonance modes of 14, 20, 26 and 32 Hz appear as peaks in the ELF spectrum and are called Schumann resonance.

They have also been tentatively identified on Saturn's moon Titan. Titan's surface is thought to be a poor reflector of ELF waves, so the waves may instead be reflecting off the liquid-ice boundary of a subsurface ocean of water and ammonia, the existence of which is predicted by some theoretical models. Titan's ionosphere is also more complex than Earth's, with the main ionosphere at an altitude of 1,200 km (750 mi) but with an additional layer of charged particles at 63 km (39 mi). This splits Titan's atmosphere into two separate resonating chambers. The source of natural ELF waves on Titan is unclear as there doesn't appear to be extensive lightning activity.

Exposure

There are established biological effects from acute exposure at high levels (well above 100 µT) that are explained by recognized biophysical mechanisms. External ELF magnetic fields induce electric fields and currents in the body which, at very high field strengths, cause nerve and muscle stimulation and changes in nerve cell excitability in the central nervous system.
Also, Epidemiological studies suggest a possible association between long term occupational exposure to ELF and Alzheimer's disease (I thought this was very interesting)

Reported Effects

Journal of Boarderland Research

Subjects verbatim reports were quite revealing. (Keep in mind that none of the subjects actually said they felt the ELFs.) The most common verbatim reports occurred between 8.6 and 9.6 Hertz. Common statements were subtle “tingling” sensations in the fingers, arms, legs, teeth, and roof of the mouth. Two subjects reported a “metallic” feeling in their mouth. One subject reported a “tightness” in the chest and another subject reported a “tightness” in the stomach. Several subjects also reported sensations when the ELF frequency was between 6 and 7 Hertz. The verbatim responses in this range were “ringing” in the ears, “flushed” face, “fatigued”, “tightening” in the chest and “increasing” pulse.

Remind you of the many people claiming their ears happen to be ringing a lot lately but not exactly sure why (self-included). Interesting. Leaving room for you to come to your own thoughts or conclusions.

Which also brings me to another question, can and do "UFO's" emit ELF waves?

...continued

edit on 14-4-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
And from there, leads me to yet another question, and it's a doozy of the whole thread

Are there other frequency waves, not yet documented or listed in research papers, ones that we have not yet discovered in science (physics)?

What if purported "UFOs" or unknown entities operate within even ANOTHER DIFFERENT 'Sound' or 'Light' Frequency that we and scientists are STILL YET unaware of? I mean, we make new discoveries everyday, such as the ever so recent God Particle using the LHC Large Hadron Collider, there must be more room for further research on various waves, I do not think I am yet convinced this is all that there is in this world -- Are you?

Also maybe read up on Entrainment science - using waves to alter brain waves and moods

Mmm let's see.... there's reports of so many other beings I have not listed above that have been reported to be seen through ancient times and, what do you know, are still being reported to be seen today.

Is there some truth to Greek mythology coinciding with our history and STILL being a part of our lives here on earth today? I mean we are still seeing and hearing about many of these beings today? Did every single person reporting these things throughout history make every single report up for entertainment? I mean...What have you?!

Skipping around a little but still definitely staying on topic, furthermore, I have yet another question, Is there a way we can discover a newly-found state of mind, coinciding furthermore with either an already (existing to science) audible or visible wavelength frequencies =, or perhaps one that is not yet discovered, that would allow us to not only SEE these purported unknown entities, but allows us to not only HEAR them "better" , but will also allow a door of communication to open between us and them?

As of right now, as always I am not sure which direction I want to sway my views, I am a fence-sitter, but lately I have perhaps been thinking that the future (of those interested in other entities and what is unknown to us in this world such as UFO's and other unknown creatures) should be concentrating their research efforts on wavelength technology. I think maybe perhaps the answers we are looking for MAY lie here. I mean It could be a starting point.

There's so much more I could elaborate on and touch on but I'll leave it at this for now as I don't want to overwhelm.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Great topic,
Check out my sig thread for my experience with low frequency and ufos, and some great links/vids.

edit on 14-4-2013 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Did not catch your conclusion on your thread
I like the simple things, could you simplify your views in a few lines perhaps ?

Did I get it right if I say you believe UFO activity is demonic because there have been seen hooded beings near them.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, electromagnetic fields especially, seem to have their own connection to all sorts of high-strangeness. The question, as you've stated, is whether such fields can, in some instances, open up doorways to other worlds, or, rather, if they only screw with our perception. I lean towards the "other world" explanation at this point.

Author, Albert Budden in his book Electric Ufos: Fireballs, Electromagnetics and Abnormal States, comes to the conclusion that the effects are basically hallucinatory. Even though I disagree with him, the book is still full of some interesting information and as such is open to your own interpretation.

The thread linked in my sig eventually gets around to discussing this topic from the standpoint of "what do our intel agencies know about the subject?" The funny thing is, is that I suspect the question somewhat split their community as well. With some believing EM was useful, albeit freaky, but that it was all in the mind and another group that may very well believe that they had made some sort of contact with higher-intelligences.

Good subject.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In what category would you include a "couple" of tall apparented to swedish people if they appeared to you in broad daylight in the middle of a town?

Nordics? If yes, who are they?

They seemed very human-like. Can´t they be humans from another dimension? Or maybe the future?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hi OP,

You might be interested in checking this out...

Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human brain once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind.

The term was coined by psychologist Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind only as recently as 3000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Roughly, the idea is, that the answer to your question might be 'yes, people at one time, and possibly some people that are walking around today, actually 'heard' the Gods.

As far as seeing them? I am a lifelong experiencer of all sorts of sleep related phenomenon, especially what is termed sleep paralysis. I have been considering doing a thread on my experiences, but this seems a good place to chat about it, as I see old friends gathering.

I have learned to control it. Most recently with 'positioning' my eyes, just as I come out of sleep. The position of my eyes seems to align with some very physical-seeming feeling of vibration, if I maintain the 'alignment' with the vibration, I sort of 'snap' in to the sleep paralysis 'state'.

I stay there as long as I am able, but as many know, it's just pure fear in there, most of the time. I can't do it as much as I would like, because the state seems to require some pre-condition of waking that I have no control over; but I do know when I wake 'like that' and try to take advantage of it. I have seen no entities, yet, but I usually don't during the times that I have been able to become completely aware in the experience. I just 'feel' 'them' or 'it' or whatever the fear generating machine is (it's just about always there) that is present in that 'space'.

Anywho, thanks for an intriguing post.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for tapping in TheGUT! I understand, from reading through your threads in the past, that we havevery similar views on these types of matters.

Your knowledgeable input is always not only welcomed, but encouraged.

Also, I didn't 'conclude' the thread on purpose for anyone who may be wondering.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, great concepts Unbekaant. Thanks for sharing.

Nice to see you here too GUT--- Your thread is bookmarked

---

Funny we call them "ELF"

Infrasound in itself deserves it's own thread! As a musician these frequencies have always blown my mind, I really enjoyed the breakdown you shared for us, it's been a while since I have looked at it that way.

Quite some time ago I made a thread here regarding some sounds I've heard on and off throughout my life upon falling asleep. A low 'generator' type sound, almost as if my brain-motor was shutting off for sleep. Someone was kind enough to show me this video, let me see if I can find it.

I've heard of banshee lore, but never this Euryale. I'll have to look more into it, but I have had a very strange experience regarding a screaming woman while I was staying in an old cabin up in the hills of Cali. One of those un-explainable experiences, but it is interesting to hear about how others have had heard something similar.

It just amazes me, I really subscribe to the idea that we truly are in our infancy when it comes to understanding our reality. Anyone who suggests otherwise comes off as arrogant to me, when considering the new discoveries we collectively make every day. What will we "know" tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

Hi OP,

You might be interested in checking this out...

Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human brain once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind.

The term was coined by psychologist Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind only as recently as 3000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Roughly, the idea is, that the answer to your question might be 'yes, people at one time, and possibly some people that are walking around today, actually 'heard' the Gods.

As far as seeing them? I am a lifelong experiencer of all sorts of sleep related phenomenon, especially what is termed sleep paralysis. I have been considering doing a thread on my experiences, but this seems a good place to chat about it, as I see old friends gathering.

I have learned to control it. Most recently with 'positioning' my eyes, just as I come out of sleep. The position of my eyes seems to align with some very physical-seeming feeling of vibration, if I maintain the 'alignment' with the vibration, I sort of 'snap' in to the sleep paralysis 'state'.

I stay there as long as I am able, but as many know, it's just pure fear in there, most of the time. I can't do it as much as I would like, because the state seems to require some pre-condition of waking that I have no control over; but I do know when I wake 'like that' and try to take advantage of it. I have seen no entities, yet, but I usually don't during the times that I have been able to become completely aware in the experience. I just 'feel' 'them' or 'it' or whatever the fear generating machine is (it's just about always there) that is present in that 'space'.

Anywho, thanks for an intriguing post.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

I know of this feeling of sleep paralysis and the "fear" you speak of

I lucid dream a lot so I dont know if thats related, I used to think they were nightmares but i am awake in the bedroom so yeah dont think its that. Also I know when im dreaming and when I'm awake one of the advantages of having dream control is to know when your dreaming.

I wonder if this pervading fear is simply a vibrational level we have to pass through in order to exist in this waking reality. like a ribbon of energy and sleep paralysis is simply us waking up during the crossover.

To be honest I have no idea why everybody experiences this paralyzing fear. just an idea to chew on I suppose.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Interesting stuff and possibly another aspect of some UFOs possibly being from another dimension

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts OP. These ideas have been explored before in horror/sci-fi. There was a Lovecraft story that touched on this and I believe was the inspiration for the movie "From Beyond" . If I remember correctly a scientist and his assistant stumble on to a frequency that allows them to see ethereal beings that exist all around us that we cant interact with like a veil. Eventually it is shown that there is a reason for this veil as all sorts of horrors are unleashed and the main protagonist even craves something about peoples brains perhaps it was the pineal gland? Been awhile since I have read the story or seen the movie which was streaming on netflix.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Great topic! I enjoyed reading what you had to say.

After getting this far though,

Are there other frequency waves, not yet documented or listed in research papers, ones that we have not yet discovered in science (physics)?

Yes. Definitely.

Why would there not be, right?

There are limits to what our technology can detect but there will always be something new to detect and if all the spaces within our range are currently filled, it'll have to be something on the outside of them...

I like to think of it as counting to 1000, for example, but only getting to see a bit of the sequence;

.........233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238.........

That's what we currently detect with our ever changing technology and adaptation - the bit in between 1 & 500. We've a hell of a long way to go in either direction (and it doesn't stop at 1000 either that was just for explanatory purposes).

I would think the spectrum goes in either direction always...

Again. Why wouldn't it?

~CrzayFool

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'd like to add this little bit I wrote a while back but never posted its quite long but relevant to the fear and sleep paralysis and split minds...

Sleep paralysis - Fear!

When you're asleep and extremely relaxed you can sometimes spontaneously and inadvertently project your astral body after reaching a deep trance/lucid state. This is the point where your 'Physical mind' will effectively make a copy of itself and enter the lower 'Astral Plane'. 

Normally under a controlled, willing and conscious projection, you would be aware of the mind splitting and "Remember" that the projection occurred, keeping track of both the physical and astral minds simultaneously.

In sleep paralysis however, because you're extremely relaxed and not consciously aware that the projection has occurred you will have no recollection of the projection and you will not keep track of your simultaneous 'minds'. You will only be aware of the physical mind when you wake up paralysed.

The paralysis itself is caused by the body protecting  itself from accidental injury by not mimicking the actions of the astral body.

The feeling you get of 'Something' standing in the room is actually your astral body standing in the room. But because you don't remember projecting it and it also doesn't remember being projected it feels like something else standing there (and its only standing there because you are not "controlling" it.

The sudden fear that usually follows is extremely powerful because your physical mind can sense the projected mind, and vice versa, but neither of them are aware that they are the same thing because the projection was spontaneous and not consciously remembered. Consequently both become scared of eachother and try to flee but because both are actually the same and are linked they cannot escape. Plus your paralysed. The physical body needs full control of the mind to function and will naturally try to reintegrate the spontaneous escaping astral mind by pulling it in, even though it is unaware that it is instinctively doing it.

This will make it feel like the unknown 'thing' in the room is getting closer. What this does is frighten the split minds, making them even more stressed and fearful.
Your astral is trying to escape and you're inadvertently dragging it closer. This will continue until the physical body either passes out through exhaustion and you fall back to sleep or it successfully wins the tug of war and snaps the astral mind back into the body, releasing the sleep paralysis and waking the body up to restore you to a single full consciousness. 

~CrzayFool

edit on 16-4-2013 by crzayfool because: Paragraphing - Added a bit

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2013 by crzayfool because: Double post

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

You're confusing sound and EM. They are in no way related.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here in southern Arizona, I have been feeling, not necessarilly hearing a low hum for the last year or so. My wife does not hear or feel it.
Generally it is in the early hours. Sometimes associated with a sound like the huge vault doors we had in underground facilities around the world. Not a slam, just a dull, metalic thud.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, i dont know about you but i dont think a german grandpa with 83 years takes a name wroten in internet slang wich means "ubekannt (Uknown)" in german... so i dont trust that nick. may i am wrong but..u know

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Soldier of the Mist

By Gene Wolfe

The story is presented as the recovered diary of Latro, a Roman mercenary who fought for Xerxes at the Battle of Plataea. As a result of head injuries incurred during the battle, Latro suffers from both retrograde and anterograde amnesia; due to the former, he does not know his own name, and must accept that others call him "Latro" (meaning "soldier"); due to the latter, he has been given scrolls on which to write down recent events so that he may (in principle) "READ THIS EVERY MORNING".

He has also developed the ability to see and interact with gods, ghosts, and mythological creatures; due to his amnesia, he does not know that this is unusual.

Specifically, it is head injuries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join