It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well Im here really for the religion forums.

Im a Jehovas Witness so will be giveing some input from our views.

There are many rumours and bad press that surrounds us so I would like to disspell some of these.

Im not looking to worse my beliefs onto anyone just state what I beleive and awnser any queastions as long as they are put to me in a respectable manner.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Get off my porch
Everyone is welcome here as long as you keep the T and C. Your certainly not the first person to join with an agenda.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Welcome to our tribe!

beez

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Welcome to the site. Im sure there will be lots of questions directed at you regarding your faith. See you on the boards.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

whazzup...
all aboard!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Welcome, glad you're here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Hello, welcome to this place. Look forward to learning more from you about your point of view. The religion forums can be a rough ride - please keep arms and legs inside your chair at all times and do not attempt to remove your seat belt.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes. I expected to have been flamed already!

Bit more about me as Im more than just a Jehovahs witness.

I have a dark/Ironic sense of Humour.
My favorite webside is Cracked.com
Favorite movie is Ted and Starwars.
Love History
Love my archery and Im a dead shot with a crossbow
I have a Biology Degree
And like any Brit I like Beer and Cider.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Beer? Okay, now I'm really curious. The JWs I've spoken to were all tea-totallers, I thought. Hmmmm.
Hey if you want to, check out the link in my signature and add your story if you'd like! There's no flaming allowed in it, and you'll get a real good idea of how many of the religious forum folks think. Mean to be helpful to anyone who wants to know who's who and what's up with each other.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If you want some Truth, go to jehovahs-witness.net..................Most Jehovah's Witnesses are scared to death to access websites that truly expose them for what they are and participate in honest debates. Not saying you're one of the cowardly types, but if you're looking for Truth about that religion, go there.
edit on 14-4-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
If you want some Truth, go to jehovahs-witness.net..................Most Jehovah's Witnesses are scared to death to access websites that truly expose them for what they are and participate in honest debates. Not saying you're one of the cowardly types, but if you're looking for Truth about that religion, go there.
edit on 14-4-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

That why Im here.I have seen it and read stuff there but I would rather use a neutral site like this to be honnest. Any issues and debates can be directed to me here. Its not that Im a coward its just the way I operate in that I try to keep too unbiased sources and places in the main when it comes too debates and disscusions. It why I always excelled in history essays

edit on 14-4-2013 by JW2002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No offense....but, first of all, is English your first language? If not, apologies in advance. I'm having trouble working through all your misspellings and grammatical errors.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No offense....but, first of all, is English your first language? If not, apologies in advance. I'm having trouble working through all your misspellings and grammatical errors.

Useing a hand held tablet. It a pain in the the freaking arse to use the keyboard!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Don't you at least proofread before you submit? Go back and look at your last sentence! I wouldn't mind discussing a thing or two with you, but I am not going to wade through a ton of confusing grammatical errors and attempt to decipher a load of misspellings in order to communicate with you. I'm sure there are others here thinking the same thing but are much too nice to point it out. I, personally, don't tolerate the general holier-than-thou mentality of JWs to begin with, so it is exceptionally irritating to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by JW2002

Beer? Okay, now I'm really curious. The JWs I've spoken to were all tea-totallers, I thought.

haha yeah there are allot of odd facts about us floating about but what I can say is we are deffinatly not T-Totalers

If we where me and my mates stuffed

The T-Totalers you have met would be that by personal choice.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Don't you at least proofread before you submit? Go back and look at your last sentence! I wouldn't mind discussing a thing or two with you, but I am not going to wade through a ton of confusing grammatical errors and attempt to decipher a load of misspellings in order to communicate with you. I'm sure there are others here thinking the same thing but are much too nice to point it out. I, personally, don't tolerate the general holier-than-thou mentality of JWs to begin with, so it is exceptionally irritating to me.

I don't know what is confusing about my last sentence. I was having trouble with the Galaxy tablet keyboard.
Anyway I'm on my laptop now so all is well.

I, personally, don't tolerate the general holier-than-thou mentality of JWs to begin with, so it is exceptionally irritating to me.

I agree they can be a annoying pain in the arse cant they

Like holier-than-thou muslims/mormons and Atheisists best to ignore em.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I'm Jonathan or you could call me by my screen name Phoenix. I hope you enjoy your time here. We already have many users who are religious by belief. So you'll feel right at home here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Answer me one question HONESTLY before I get into any discussion with you:

~~Are you counting TIME in these discussions on the forum? Yes or No?

(For those of you not familiar with JWs, they have to count and report the time spent knocking doors and/or discussing their doctrines with others. The more time they can claim, the "holier" they appear to their elders and congregation members.............can you just imagine Jesus and his disciples doing such a thing!)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Answer me one question HONESTLY before I get into any discussion with you:

~~Are you counting TIME in these discussions on the forum? Yes or No?

(For those of you not familiar with JWs, they have to count and report the time spent knocking doors and/or discussing their doctrines with others. The more time they can claim, the "holier" they appear to their elders and congregation members.............can you just imagine Jesus and his disciples doing such a thing!)

Haha good question. No, well I might put 1 hour down so I can get out of doing other stuff this month as I HATE door to door work

But hour counting is honestly not really my reason and I have never really brought into that whole thing anyway as it distracts from the quality of what you say by promoting quantity but hey humans like there records and lists for some reason

To be honest we have slowly started moving away as "hours" to qualify do certain things have been moving down. Most people down my way use it as a benchmark now than a deffinate "must" the only reason its not abloshed yet I think cause some die hards still cling to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You're funny.... and misinformed, imo, to a degree. I don't think you have been a JW very long. Counting time is a huge part of their spiritual health measurement...LOL. If your user name, JW2002, indicates you've been a witness since 2002, I can 100% guarantee you don't know the half of it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join